GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Vais sl2i-up

Old 03-21-12, 10:41 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Vais sl2i-up

I got the sl2i-up installed. I created playlist but when I touch the UP arrow to go to the next track, it will go from 1 to the last track on the playlist, it will skip every song inbetween. But when I go to track 1 and touch the fast forward it will go to song 2, 3, 4 as long as Im fast forwarding the song!??

Why wont it go to the next songs in my playlist?? Im kicking myself for not holding out for a GX that didnt have the factory Nav.
Old 03-21-12, 10:57 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Well I guess you have to use the button on the radio to go to the next track instead of the up arrow on the touch screen. Oh well, its better than FM and CDs.
Old 03-30-12, 12:17 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

I noticed that it wont play all of the songs in my playlist?

In one playlist theres 15 songs and 15 songs show up in my playlist on iTunes but when I connect it to the sl2i-up it will only play 8 of the tracks!? And its not just that playlist, it wont play the entire songs in all of my playlist? Anyone know why?

Anyone local in Houston want to trade their stock radio / AC for my navi / AC let me know, I really hate the OEM system!!
Old 03-30-12, 12:22 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur a fool, learn to love your oem navi, it's great looking...

these aftermarked kits most of the time work best with iphone4 and iphone 4s, found that out with g35 coupe double din and the same for the gx470, too bad cuz i like my 3g iphone still
Old 03-30-12, 12:33 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Yes the aftermarkets look a little out of place but its not ugly looking. Id rather have something that looks decent and is updated in what it can do, than have something that looks good but is mediocre in what it can do. I cant even play MP3 with my CD changer!? So I had no choice but to buy the sl2i-up and that thing is glitchy as hell! If I unplug my iPhone and plug it back it, it list a different playlist title but the tracks of another playlist? It wont fix until I restart the GX.

I had a iPhone 3, 4 and now a 4s and I never had any problems with my Kenwood Navi that I had in my Tundra. I didnt have to create playlists to play my music, I could play by songs / albums / artist. This OEM system is old and outdated and these modules you need to make things work is crazy. $200 here for the iPhone / $200 there for the Navi lockout / DVD lockout? All i had to do is ground the parking brake wire to use my Navi & DVD while driving with my Kenwood and I never had any problems with the Kenwood iPhone adapter.
Old 03-30-12, 12:37 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

i hear ya, but if you do a switcheroo with somebody problem solved, i wish somebody would have done a switch with me before i installed mine... gl
Old 03-30-12, 12:49 PM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Glad I didnt pay full retail for the sl2i-up.
Old 03-30-12, 12:58 PM
clubsport
Pole Position

when i first installed an ipod kit for my g35 coupe it was close to $200 and i really felt bad about for awhile cuz i never use it anymore - the only reason i installed it was because inf g35 have the common problem of the 6cd changer/player overheating from overuse and since it was tied to the climate control unit - if your cd player overheat the climate control no longer works and it ends up being a $300 ship out fix or a $2k replacement for everything (sometimes the fix is not permanent) - so i am glad the radio and my climate control in the gx470 are separate from e/o
Old 04-01-12, 07:40 AM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rc, not sure why youre having these problems but none of that happens to me on my truck and I also have the same Vaistech you have with an ipod and OEM nav. Mine is an 07 though so I have a newer generation nav than you do, I wonder if there is a difference there? Get in touch with Vaistech, they are very active on this forum, and they will help you figure it out. Also, rominl was extremely helpful to me whenever I had any questions.

Good luck brotha!
Old 04-01-12, 11:47 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

I signed up on Vaistech the day I got my sl2i-up connected but they have yet to activate my account. I can edit my account settings etc but I cant reply or post?
Old 04-01-12, 02:54 PM
Muti007
Advanced

Hmm, I never signed up for an account on their site. Ive only chatted with them here on CL, both on the forum and in PM, as well as with rominl. Im actually surprised neither of them has chimed in to your thread so far actually.
Old 04-01-12, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i read this thread but i didn't have a good solution. i haven't seen that happening on any gen4 system. make sure the programming was done right that's what i can think of
Old 04-02-12, 06:49 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

If you mean programming as far as setting the dip switches and waiting for beeps, then yes, I programmed it correctly. I have it set up to play as the mini-disc. It plays no problem, it just wont play my entire playlists?

And again this morning I have another fluke. If I switch to any source while listening to the sl2i-up EX: 6 disc, FM, DVD etc. and I play my iPhone again it plays songs but it has a different playlist title. I'll have to crank the car again to reset the radio or unplug my iPhone, turn off the radio, turn the radio back on and cycle to another source and then plug my iPhone back it and only then will it have the correct playlist title.
Old 04-02-12, 07:02 AM
Muti007
Advanced

I am not going to offer any advice because I am not in any way an authority on these things and just dont know enough about them to advise you unfortunately, so sorry. All I will say is that definitely doesnt sound right and is not the behavior I see. Good luck man.
Old 04-02-12, 07:16 AM
RCsGX
Lexus Champion

Who knows...all I know is im kicking my self in the azz for not holding out for a non-navi GX. Oh well, live and learn!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vais sl2i-up