GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Love the Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-11, 08:10 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Love the Zaino!

Just detailed my '03 GX in preparation for the winter. She's smokin hott! Check out that shine!
Attached Thumbnails Love the Zaino!-gx470_zaino1.jpg   Love the Zaino!-gx470_zaino2.jpg  
Old 11-29-11, 03:21 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking Good! Can you come down to Virginia and do my Blizzard Pearl? Love Zaino products.
Old 11-29-11, 08:04 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redrocks
Looking Good! Can you come down to Virginia and do my Blizzard Pearl? Love Zaino products.
sure if you want to pay for travel expenses. LOL

I did both of my cars over the long holiday weekend. Shoulders a little tired/sore and I ran out of Z2 but had to scrape the bottle to get enoug to do both cars. I'll have to put in another order in the spring.

I came across a product demo of ibiz at at local BJs on black friday. Stuff seems pretty good but its still a wax product. I'll stick with the Zaino as its a polymer.
Old 11-29-11, 09:26 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Get some spider trax wheel adapters to push the limited wheels outward. It'll look a lot better bud.
Old 11-29-11, 12:23 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK
Get some spider trax wheel adapters to push the limited wheels outward. It'll look a lot better bud.
thanks for the suggestion...I'll look into them.
Old 11-29-11, 01:37 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

im running aftermarket 18x8s which have a more aggressive offset thus negating the need for wheel adapters. see how the wheels sit out meaning more flush with the fenders? all i did was get upsized AT tires in 285s to give the truck more of a hunkered down look. the combination of wheel position (wider, pushed out) and bigger tires both in height and width give the aesthetic enhancement all trucks need.

i'm not talking out of my **** when i recommend the spidertax wheel adapters. they're high quality and are not simple spacers. i ran them for about 40K miles on my 4R with your same wheels with zero issues. the 4th gen 4R Limited wheels are the best looking truck wheels toyota makes. enjoy them in their best form. i just wished they were 18x8s.

Last edited by ROK; 11-29-11 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-30-11, 04:16 PM
LifeEnjoyr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
im running aftermarket 18x8s which have a more aggressive offset thus negating the need for wheel adapters. see how the wheels sit out meaning more flush with the fenders? all i did was get upsized AT tires in 285s to give the truck more of a hunkered down look. the combination of wheel position (wider, pushed out) and bigger tires both in height and width give the aesthetic enhancement all trucks need.

i'm not talking out of my **** when i recommend the spidertax wheel adapters. they're high quality and are not simple spacers. i ran them for about 40K miles on my 4R with your same wheels with zero issues. the 4th gen 4R Limited wheels are the best looking truck wheels toyota makes. enjoy them in their best form. i just wished they were 18x8s.
What wheels are those btw, I am loving the look!
Old 11-30-11, 05:06 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROK

I'm very well aware of offset and what it is. I agree the wider stance make the vehicle more appealing but I wanted something stock as the GX is my wife's daily commuter. I had aftermarket 19s on my GS with tires of 275/30/19 on the rear and 245/35/19 on the front. The offset made it the wheels flush with the fenders they look bad azzzz!

Wife was giving me cr@p about getting her new wheels but I told her it costed the same as getting new tires from the tire shop. basically she didn't want to attract thieves or bandits to her car.
Old 11-30-11, 06:34 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Good job on the detail. Looks great! I love Zaino products...
Old 12-01-11, 07:02 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
Good job on the detail. Looks great! I love Zaino products...
y thank you sir!

I should have taken a pic of it in the sun as oppose to the shade. In the sun the pearl reflection is amazing!
Old 12-01-11, 02:24 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks real clean!

My new fav are dodo juice products polishes/wax. Unbelievable shine and "wet" look.

http://www.dodojuice.com/
Old 12-02-11, 07:55 AM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cssnms
Looks real clean!

My new fav are dodo juice products polishes/wax. Unbelievable shine and "wet" look.

http://www.dodojuice.com/
Never heard of it so I just took a peek...looks like good stuff but pretty expensive!
Old 12-02-11, 06:50 PM
ROSCOGX470
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by kphu
Just detailed my '03 GX in preparation for the winter. She's smokin hott! Check out that shine!
Very nice and i love the wheels, Now your ready for the salt show known as Massachusetts winters. I have to do the same thing being from Mass. I have the chrome Sequoia wheels on mine and was wondering if there is anything I can do to protect them short of removing them in the winter. I use Mothers chrome polish for protection now but have noticed little pits in between the spokes and we have not had snow yet. Anyone out there with some info? A buddy of mine swears to coat the chrome wheels with WD40 and let it dry on the wheels without wiping it off, supposedly stays on and protects them, what do you think?
Old 12-03-11, 06:18 AM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kphu
Never heard of it so I just took a peek...looks like good stuff but pretty expensive!
yea it's a little pricey, but I have not found anything that restores/shines the paint quite like it. a buffer is a must though in order to get the most out of it.
Old 12-03-11, 01:10 PM
kphu
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROSCOGX470
Very nice and i love the wheels, Now your ready for the salt show known as Massachusetts winters. I have to do the same thing being from Mass. I have the chrome Sequoia wheels on mine and was wondering if there is anything I can do to protect them short of removing them in the winter. I use Mothers chrome polish for protection now but have noticed little pits in between the spokes and we have not had snow yet. Anyone out there with some info? A buddy of mine swears to coat the chrome wheels with WD40 and let it dry on the wheels without wiping it off, supposedly stays on and protects them, what do you think?
IDK..I'd be nervous about staining but then again i guess it would be better then getting rust or corrosion so either way your screwed.

Quick Reply: Love the Zaino!