GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Here's How To change Front Right turn signal bulb (with photos) in your Lexus GX470

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 11:58 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sunday, 6/24 Follow-Up:

Took a Sunday drive today & sure enough, the right-front TS/DRL bulb wasn't working again. Changed it & noticed the new bulb was significantly brighter than the old bulb on the left side--in DRL mode. So, I changed the left side too, since the bulbs from Auto Zone came in a 2-pack. Both bulbs now the same brightness & both turn signals work! Took less than 10 minutes from start-to-finish. Nice!
Old 07-17-12, 06:20 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the only way to get to the bulbs are from underneath the car? i think i gotta remove the undercarriage guard no? someone thats done it before can correct me if im wrong pleaseee! get back to me soon i need to do it on both my trucks!
Old 07-17-12, 07:45 AM
BurgBoxstr
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can get to them from top side too but you have to remove the plastic covers. Getting at them from underneath is as easy as jut laying on the ground and reaching up there w/ your arm... no covers to remove at all.

Good luck
Old 08-21-12, 08:08 AM
vickisj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you for the tutorial

thank you for the tutorial. I downloaded all the pictures bought the bulbs and presented the package to my son in law who offered to change the bulb. He studied all the information you presented, looked at my vehicle, and proceeded to take out the battery and a side lamp. He then sent me two the store to buy the replacement side lamp. the parts people shook their heads, insisted I keep the original lamps I bought and then sent me away with the new side lamps. My son in law then replaced the side lamp. voila, it worked great. Just as it did BEFORE he replaced it. Then he looked under the car, reached up with ease, and in one minute flat, changed out the signal lamp per your instructions. This signal lamp replacement works great. Thank you for the tutorial. Now... my next question, during his replacement process, somehow, he has made it so my drivers side window no longer works. Fuse? did he short wires? And lastly, how do you change out the bulb on the drivers side headlamp?

Last edited by vickisj; 08-21-12 at 08:09 AM. Reason: grammar errors.
Old 08-21-12, 10:40 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

head lamp is easy too, just have to remove all the plastic cowling, twist the bulb housing for removal and installation, easy take care of those plastic clips, they are easily broken. I keep a bunch on hand.
Old 08-25-12, 12:13 PM
jdeguzman1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks JeffO for the pics. Turned out to be easier than it looks. Just a pain because I had to use one hand for the whole thing.
Old 01-28-13, 04:16 PM
lexuspcl88
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down Lexus transmitter

Originally Posted by HoracioGS4
Thanks Jeff! I am sure that this tutorial will come in handy sometime in the future!
Nic job with the signal bulb I cn wt) my mech change one when I need one and direct him, call me how off.
Now I am in a FileMaker I won't to get a transmitter or key for my lexus GS 300
I have been looking and trying but no luck so far.
My car was bought in London England.
I have the chAsisnoif thAwill help,
Chris's spoke of aman in San Fiego who do key jobs, but I live in Trinidad and we do have post and dhl.
Please advise me how I can get a replacement for my car.
Lexuspcl88
My car is a 2006 UK?bit in USA ot is a 2006.
Ps the Chasis no did not come up on the. Omputer screen,
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-13, 04:18 PM
lexuspcl88
Driver School Candidate

This forum is great but I have to wait 30 days before I can participate, something new to keep out the jokers I guess.
Lexuspcl88
Old 08-02-13, 04:27 PM
IanB2
Pole Position

Received 520 Likes on 433 Posts

Nice tutorial! I would have pulled off the engine bay cover for sure without it!
Old 08-19-13, 03:18 PM
dandg
Driver

Just saw my passenger bulb is out ( and flasher seems to be going pretty fast) will do it later this week when I make it to the parts store.Thanks Jeff -great thread,and clublexus !

Just to update
A) The "Brick" Lexus manual -no help advises you go to stealership
B) 08 GX470 takes the same 1156 bulb ($4.50 at NAPA for the pair)
C) Jeff's photos and thread make it look easy and it is ! ( no engineering degree aside)

thanks again great thread and forum

Last edited by dandg; 08-20-13 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-11-13, 09:35 AM
tonyka
Driver School Candidate

do these pic apply to the front side marker lights too? is it the same concept?
Old 04-14-14, 11:29 PM
FLLEXUS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pics are dead ...can someone repost them? Maybe use imgur.com this time. Thanks!
Old 08-19-14, 09:27 AM
SSalzman
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 GX470 Turn Signal Repair

Thanks Jeff, piece of cake to change!
Old 08-19-14, 10:06 PM
JeffO
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to see my tutorial is still helping all of you 4 years later! I fixed the images, as the server they were on is no longer used, so I moved them online to Imgur. As long as Imgur is still in business, the photos should remain intact.

I am trying to find if these light bulbs come in LED because I hate using these filament bulbs, they seem to burn out way too quick. If anyone spots any LEDs of this bulb, let us know.
The following users liked this post:
fozzir (01-08-23)
Old 09-20-14, 09:53 AM
jpnut
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just removed and replaced these last night. The bulbs had to have been original as the orange paint had flaked completely off. Nice post.

Quick Reply: Here's How To change Front Right turn signal bulb (with photos) in your Lexus GX470