GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Anyone have the integral hitch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 11:13 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UberBerzer
Will the 52169-60051 fit over the Drawtite frame mounted hitch? From your picture it looks like the more dramatic cut out will fit nicely... I want to be sure before ordering.
...you've got me on this one - I don't know. I'm not familiar with the Drawtite hitch nor any other after market hitches for the GX for that matter. Be mindful, we deal with everything original, like the factory tow hitch and the smaller integrated tow hitch so if you're installing something else to work with something original then its a bit of a toss up.

Dave, I just don't know.

Darrel
Old 09-03-10, 11:24 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

Okay, good thread!

I just got a 2004 GX470 with no hitch. I need one and am currently looking for as much info regarding both types offered for this application. I have a hitch cover that has the cut out (52169-60051-XX) and would like to get that hitch. I have a 2005 Malibu to tow and need to actually check on how much it weighs. I will make some phone calls to referred people here and try to get some more info. Thx for any other info you can provide.
Old 09-03-10, 11:50 AM
dvzzz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought an integral hitch for 06 GX470 with a correct cutout but never installed it. As for your question, integral hitch is really for smaller trailers and I bough it for the bike carrier. Since then I went with the roof one. I will be posting my hitch kit on the For sale forum but I am selling it along with the cutout cover to get all of my money worth for it since it is brand new.

If I were you I would go with 6500 hitch.

Originally Posted by SmittysGX
Okay, good thread!

I just got a 2004 GX470 with no hitch. I need one and am currently looking for as much info regarding both types offered for this application. I have a hitch cover that has the cut out (52169-60051-XX) and would like to get that hitch. I have a 2005 Malibu to tow and need to actually check on how much it weighs. I will make some phone calls to referred people here and try to get some more info. Thx for any other info you can provide.
Old 09-03-10, 01:06 PM
SmittysGX
Driver

Originally Posted by dvzzz
I bought an integral hitch for 06 GX470 with a correct cutout but never installed it. As for your question, integral hitch is really for smaller trailers and I bough it for the bike carrier. Since then I went with the roof one. I will be posting my hitch kit on the For sale forum but I am selling it along with the cutout cover to get all of my money worth for it since it is brand new.

If I were you I would go with 6500 hitch.
Thx for the advice. How much weight can the integral hitch support and effectively tow? I have a silver cutout cover already for the integral hitch. How much do you want for yours?
Old 09-03-10, 01:17 PM
dvzzz
Driver School Candidate

I believe integral is up to 5000lb but I maybe wrong. I will PM you about the price.

Thx for the advice. How much weight can the integral hitch support and effectively tow? I have a silver cutout cover already for the integral hitch. How much do you want for yours?
Old 09-24-10, 09:47 AM
SmittysGX
Driver

I was told the Integral hitch will not work on mine. Strange, thought it would work on any of them. I looked underneath the back of mine and it doesn’t look like it would work either. Oh, I was told by So Bay Lexus that it wouldn’t work. I guess I need the larger (full) hitch.

Here are the parts I need (i was told):

1-PT22860540 Class IV Hitch
1-8198560020 Adapter Relay Box (green)
2-9098702016 Adapter-Fuse Box Relay
1-Bumper insert for class IV hitch, unk part number

This whole "Hitch" thing for the GX is something else. Everyone I talk to has something different to say about it. Amazing! It’s clearly easier to just buy a GX with the hitch already on it. Next time
Old 09-28-10, 07:58 PM
zippinbye
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jditom
Looks like I can still get thses parts.
If it works I will be selling my OEM hitch (2 days old)
A full size hitch won't work with oversized tires and KDSS.

Is it an oversized spare, or actual running tires that conflict? I have KDSS, but probably won't go oversized on the tires - but you never know. I need to understand the issue fully before making a hitch decison. I know the big hitch is 6500/650 rated, and the integral is 5000 pulling capacity, but what about it's tongue load capacity?
Old 09-28-10, 09:27 PM
cmarshack
Lead Lap

I was told the Integral hitch will not work on mine. Strange, thought it would work on any of them. I looked underneath the back of mine and it doesn’t look like it would work either. Oh, I was told by So Bay Lexus that it wouldn’t work. I guess I need the larger (full) hitch.

Here are the parts I need (i was told):

1-PT22860540 Class IV Hitch
1-8198560020 Adapter Relay Box (green)
2-9098702016 Adapter-Fuse Box Relay
1-Bumper insert for class IV hitch, unk part number

This whole "Hitch" thing for the GX is something else. Everyone I talk to has something different to say about it. Amazing! It’s clearly easier to just buy a GX with the hitch already on it. Next time
The integral hitch WILL work on ALL GX470's.

You have a mount already in place that attaches to the larger frame mounted hitch, that has to come off first. I had it on mine before I put the integral hitch on too. I think that there are about 6 large bolts that hole it on. Once that is off and out of the wa, the intagral hitch bolts up to where the other piece was.

Hope that makes sence...
Old 09-30-10, 01:32 PM
SmittysGX
Driver

Originally Posted by cmarshack
The integral hitch WILL work on ALL GX470's.

You have a mount already in place that attaches to the larger frame mounted hitch, that has to come off first. I had it on mine before I put the integral hitch on too. I think that there are about 6 large bolts that hole it on. Once that is off and out of the wa, the intagral hitch bolts up to where the other piece was.

Hope that makes sence...
I don’t have that Center Support Bracket (08925-35870) you are talking about. Looks like that is what I need to complete this install (Can I get yours?). Oh and it looks like I will need different Rear Bumper Reinforcements as the current ones under there meet each other in the middle (no room for the center support). Do you know the correct part number for these (Hitch) Bumper Reinforcement pieces? Are they:

52171-60060 and 52172-60040

You don’t have those laying around do ya????
Old 10-05-10, 07:55 AM
Lojak
Driver School Candidate

Smitty,
I cut those reinforcement pieces....
Old 10-05-10, 07:54 PM
SmittysGX
Driver

Originally Posted by Lojak
Smitty,
I cut those reinforcement pieces....
You did? okay, well i guess there is that option. Problem is the rear driver side reinforcement piece does not allow room for the factory wire harness. There must be different part numbers for the trailer hitch option.
Old 10-06-10, 11:39 AM
Lojak
Driver School Candidate

Smitty...there is another piece for the drivers side with a cut out for the factory harness but I don't know the part number, I have seen it in one of these hitch post...LOL I figure I will get the cutoff tool working again to install that harness!
Old 10-06-10, 06:24 PM
SmittysGX
Driver

Originally Posted by Lojak
Smitty...there is another piece for the drivers side with a cut out for the factory harness but I don't know the part number, I have seen it in one of these hitch post...LOL I figure I will get the cutoff tool working again to install that harness!
I cant seem to find, nor do anyone at Lexus know what im talking about. Cut Off Wheels Time!! Thx!!
Old 10-07-10, 04:54 AM
Lojak
Driver School Candidate

Smitty...52171-60060 says towing beside it in the parts list below the exploded diagram on Sewell's page. Check it out at Sewell. They also have 52171-60050 listed also, not sure if there is a right and left or just one order number gets you both.
Old 10-08-10, 12:07 PM
SmittysGX
Driver

Thx, I did see that. The problem is when I call to aske ?s regarding those pieces I get the run around . The cut off wheel won’t give me the run around .

Quick Reply: Anyone have the integral hitch?