ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009-218/)
-   -   bottoming out? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009/464326-bottoming-out.html)

chrisvr6 11-13-09 06:08 AM

bottoming out?

I filled up last night and the rear end is bottoming out. The last time it did this I went to the dealer and they said it was fine. If it was the sensors it would throw a code, they said. Anyone ever have this problem? What part of the suspension was it?

jditom 11-14-09 07:33 AM

Is your back end even?
Leaky air bag?
Check shocks for oil leakage.

You need to give us more info about bottom out?
Does this happen when driving or when at a stand still?

chrisvr6 11-14-09 10:55 AM

when driving over dips in the road it hits hard in the back. I wonder if i can get it re-adjusted a little higher?

jditom 11-14-09 12:30 PM

Where are your shocks sent to?
Comfort-sport?

Booyah 11-14-09 12:32 PM

Best thing to do it go to the dealership and take a Tech for a ride to show him whats going on--If they tell you they dont have enough time--Bull-s*** they have 5 minutes!

pjarvis 11-15-09 05:38 PM

I had my rear sensors adjusted.Works great.

chrisvr6 11-16-09 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by pjarvis (Post 5006091)
I had my rear sensors adjusted.Works great.

what were your symptoms? did you just tell them to raise it or lower it?

jekyl 11-16-09 08:41 AM

I am having this same "stiff ride" issue with the rear suspension in my '05. It drops off of speed bumps like there is no suspension at all back there. I have noticed that mine seems to ride a little softer when I put people and gear(more weight) in the back so I was thinking that maybe that air suspension is over inflated or something. It feels like driving a truck equipped with overload springs.
I don't have any warning lights or anything and it doesn't matter what setting I have the suspension set on, it still acts the same. I hope that we can figure out what is going on here. It seems a few people are having this issue.

chrisvr6 11-16-09 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by jekyl (Post 5007290)
I am having this same "stiff ride" issue with the rear suspension in my '05. It drops off of speed bumps like there is no suspension at all back there. I have noticed that mine seems to ride a little softer when I put people and gear(more weight) in the back so I was thinking that maybe that air suspension is over inflated or something. It feels like driving a truck equipped with overload springs.
I don't have any warning lights or anything and it doesn't matter what setting I have the suspension set on, it still acts the same. I hope that we can figure out what is going on here. It seems a few people are having this issue.

this is exactly my issue. someone please chime in if this is or was your case. i need to know what to tell the dealer to change or look at.

DrVolkl 11-16-09 01:39 PM

+1... I just figured that's how the truck rode.

stl2chi 11-16-09 03:19 PM

I suggest that you have you dealer check it out.... I have had the same symptoms... Went to the dealer.... Rear shock - ride height sensor has been replaced TWICE... Truck is starting to do again.... I guess its time to revisit.

rainmn 11-16-09 05:53 PM

I'd bet money on either one or both rear ride height sensors acting up.

My truck didn't seem to ride quite right to me for about a year, despite multiple trips to the dealer with no problem found. Sometimes it seemed worse, other times it seemed ok, which made me think it was me losing my marbles.

This June I was hooking up my boat trailer, and the rear height adjustment quit. (Dash light flashing, wouldn't come back down from the hi position)

Took it in and they replaced the ride height sensors. The truck rides like new ever since.

pjarvis 11-16-09 10:20 PM

Try raising the skocks to high. If that improves it like mine it could be the sensors.

tooms 11-18-09 12:24 PM

Make sure you rear seats are securely locked down too.

I had the same thing happen when going over bumps - turned out my rear seat was just sitting on the latch and not all the way down!!! haha

chrisvr6 11-18-09 06:29 PM

I just filled up again expecting it to ride like **** again and it is OK now (knock on wood).