GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

How would you handle this??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 06:17 PM
JASP615
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How would you handle this??????

As many of you know the story of what transpired 2 weeks ago with Lexus road side assistance. First breaking down. Getting towed and left without a car. The whole story.

What I didn't tell you all is the little things that I over looked because in the grand scheme of things I didn't place too much weight in them. Well now looking back I'm starting to get really pissed.

Truck was towed in Monday to the dealership for repair. I was happy that they did not have to have me drive to Atlantic City to pick up a loaner and I could go right home. I was told that the truck would be done by Tuesday and since I would have two trucks at home until then there was no need to have a rental. They would deliver the truck to my home when completed.

Well on Tuesday I was called early and told that the part that was needed (Alternator) would not be here until Sept 9th and I would not get the truck until at least the 10th. The part was back ordered. I was told to go get a rental and that Lexus would pay for it. OK, no problem. I had to call around to 4 places before I found an Enterprise that had a car. I went to pick it up and everything was OK.

I called Chuck back when I got home and told him that since the truck would be down that long that I would need my handicap placard that was in the truck's driver side door panel. Could he Fed-ex this up to me and I would be more then glad to pay for it. He said no problem he would send a guy out to get it and send it out to me. He mentioned he was aware that I was getting new rims and I had an appointment with Wilke Lexus on Sept 14th. He suggested that since the truck was down and waiting for the part that if Wilke did not order the rims yet that he would order them and replace them there and save me a trip. I thought this was great.

I called Wilke and I was informed that they did not order the rims yet and that it would be no problem, to have Chuck give them a call. I was also aware that my truck had just turned 3 yrs old and it was due for the the 36 month maintenance. I called Chuck and asked if while the truck was there could they also do this service? I was quoted 640.00 to have it done. I talked to my hubby and he said look just get it done why it's there. A gentleman from Lexus customer service called and was aware of what transpired and as a good will jester they said that they would pay for the 36 month service. I was surprised I really thought if anything they would just give us something towards it but never though that they would pay for the whole service I was thrilled. I repeated what we were looking to have done, Replace engine oil and oil filter, Replace engine air filter, Replace engine coolant, Trans, Replace Brake fluid, Replace cabin filter Replace air conditioner filter, Rotate tires, replace wiper blades, along with all the inspections and greasing everything that needed it. I was assured that everything that could possibility be done would be.

Wednesday morning I get a call from Chuck telling me that the guy went out to check for the placard last night and said it wasn't there. I told him no way did it fall out of the pocket it was there when they towed my truck. He told me it wasn't Lexus's fault and to call the tow company. Before I got off the phone I asked about the part because I did not like being up in the air with the rental. Chuck said that I would have to take the rental to the shore and that they would just deliver the truck to my home on Tuesday after the holiday. I got off the phone and called the tow company. The women on the phone told me that the guy that picked up the truck and brought it to their yard was the same guy that drove it to Lexus the following morning and he wasn't in but she would try to get him on his cell phone. I received a call a couple of hours later stating that the guy never saw the placard and did not even know it was there. This could be true since you really need to put your hand in the pocket to retrieve it.

On Thursday I get a call that the part is in and that they have begun work on my truck. I told Chuck how is this going to work since we are to leave for the shore that night. He told me to return the rental and he would send up two men with a loaner for me to use. This is a lot of running around but OK no problem. He said that they would then deliver the truck to the shore house and they would pick up the loaner. This would be a lot closer for them since my home is about 60 miles away. I told Chuck that since he was unable to find my placard and the tow company did not see it that I was going to report it lost/stolen. He told me that the truck was right in front of him if I would like before I spent the 25 dollars to get another one he himself would check. I told him again where to find it and hung up.

Well guess what Chuck calls back and he tells me "if you want something done right you need to do it yourself" I asked if that meant that it took 3 men to look into the door panel to find a large placard? He said it was right where I told them it would be. I said well you can just leave it there since you will be delivering the truck to me down the shore. If I didn't pursue this 3 times I would have had to pay 25.00 and waited up to 6 weeks to have this replaced. He also tells me that I need new front brakes (365.00+) I need new tires (1200.00) and a front end alignment??? What? First I'm already getting new tires in the next couple of months....there's 25,000 miles on the truck. Front end alignment???? I had this checked. There is no problem with the front end. I said to replace the brakes because we were in a bind and would not be able to do it ourselves with being away for 8 days. When I later questioned him about the price after calling around he lowered the price to 339.00+ still once I got the bill the parts were 89.99 the rest was labor.

The truck was delivered on Friday as promised and the truck looked great. The gentleman that delivered it was so sweet. When he left I opened up the paper work and there was only a couple of things listed as to what was done. Brake fluid but didn't say replaced just lists 2. Listed wiper blades replaced. Nothing about replacing engine coolant, cabin filter, tire rotation or the list of other things. It does list that the rims were done. I had my husband call because I was pissed. After all of this they don't do what they are suppose to? Hubby was none to happy either. Chuck got on the phone and when questioned he assured my husband that everything was done even if it wasn't listed on the paper. Well that's fine but why wasn't it listed. He said it had something to do about entering it in the computer. OK up until now I didn't have to question weather or not things were done. Hubby was a bit upset that he doesn't have a record but Chuck said it would reflect on their computer just what was done.

Well we go to drive home and I look at the wipe blades and low and behold they say Bosch. I said to my husband are they replaced? He said I will check when we get home but it doesn't look like it. Well when we get home my hubby slides the rubber out of the holder and the rubber is not new. In fact you can see where the rubber has faded and there are the dark spots on the rubber where the clamps are. OK so now I know that the wiper blades were not replaced even though they are listed on the paper work as being replaced.

I get into my truck yesterday and the change oil comes up. When I go into the maintenance log nothing was changed nor inputted. So I'm now getting a bit pissed but no biggie I just inputted what I knew and guessed at the rest. Then the maintenance light comes on so I had to ask on here how to reset this. I got a sticker on my windshield telling me to return for an oil change in 3 months or 4,000 miles.....what? I thought Lexus was 5000 miles or 6 months? Now we do change the oil every 3 months no matter what because I never reach the miles but why put a sticker on the windshield and not input it in the maintenance log?

Now really how do I know that anything was done? Not to mention at the least done right? And they call this Lexus? I did like Chuck, nice guy but what does he do and what whack job did he let work on my truck?

How would you handle this? Would you just let it go or would you call back and question this? I already today bought 4 sets of Bosch wiper blades to keep on hand so I don't really need them replace now but why lie about it? There really isn't a way to tell if the rest of the work was even done without stripping the truck. Has anyone else had their hinges and latches greased? Mine were not done.
Old 09-13-09, 08:59 PM
DrVolkl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would simply write a letter to Lexus of North America, state the dealership, etc.

Also make sure you write a nice letter to the dealership... and mention you're writing to Lexus NA...

I would mention to Lexus NA that since you KNOW the wiper blades weren't replaced and (I'm assuming) you paid for them that you're not sure if ANY work was done.

Ask for a refund or a different Lexus Dealership to perform ALL the maint that you had done for FREE.

Then contact the BBB on the dealership, or at least threaten to.

You should get some major *** kissing from Lexus after that.... this sort of thing is not what they like to see happen.

The whole ordeal sounds shady... I'd never go back to that place for sure.
Old 09-14-09, 01:59 AM
Rob Daman
Rookie

i don't care for any dealer and especially lexus. my mom spent thousands for repairs there. i remember reading the labor cost to change 2 bulbs was over $200! labor to change sparkplugs was $300 if i recall due to 2 plugs being 'really far back'.

if you want to be sure your oil was changed, just pull the dipstick. oil should be clear. at 5000 miles oil is black. speaking of oil changes only 1 dealer ever did work on the gx and 2 bolts were missing on the skid plate when i did my own.

go figure.
Old 09-14-09, 03:39 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I would simply write a letter to Lexus of North America, state the dealership, etc.

Also make sure you write a nice letter to the dealership... and mention you're writing to Lexus NA...

I would mention to Lexus NA that since you KNOW the wiper blades weren't replaced and (I'm assuming) you paid for them that you're not sure if ANY work was done.

Ask for a refund or a different Lexus Dealership to perform ALL the maint that you had done for FREE.

Then contact the BBB on the dealership, or at least threaten to.

You should get some major *** kissing from Lexus after that.... this sort of thing is not what they like to see happen.

The whole ordeal sounds shady... I'd never go back to that place for sure.
+1 Dr Volkl, great advice, if I was that Lexus dealer heads would roll in the service department and all required services would be free for the next year. Obviously there's a serious lack of supervision and quality control at this dealership. It is by no means the usual service one receives at Lexus.
Old 09-14-09, 05:46 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Just because the oil change reminder is not reset, that doesnt mean the oil was not change. I would personally take it to a local mechanic and have him check all the maintenance items they the dealer claim they did.
Old 09-14-09, 04:17 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear you're still having problems. Are you registered with the Lexus website? If you are, check your service history to see what the dealer put in as far as service provided. It might be hard to prove otherwise since you did not drop off the car yourself and sign an estimate. Then get on the line with corporate to question it. Time to stop being Mrs. Nice Guy
Old 09-15-09, 01:15 AM
mphilip876
Driver School Candidate

A good website is one that has the ability to attract and retain visitors. And needless to say, this is one of the most critical factors for the success of your business. Website should not only be informative, it should also be pleasing to look at.
Old 09-15-09, 06:19 AM
JASP615
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kitlz
Wow, sorry to hear you're still having problems. Are you registered with the Lexus website? If you are, check your service history to see what the dealer put in as far as service provided. It might be hard to prove otherwise since you did not drop off the car yourself and sign an estimate. Then get on the line with corporate to question it. Time to stop being Mrs. Nice Guy

Hi Anita,

What website? I will go check and see. I'm still pissed and I really don't want to sound like a b i t c h but now I really don't know even though I'm assured they did everything.

OK found website and joined. Here is what was on there for that date:

Dealer Reported 09/04/2009 Lexus of Atlantic City 25649 0112092 REPLACE FRONT BRAKE PADS AND
Dealer Reported 09/04/2009 Lexus of Atlantic City 25649 0112092 GENERATOR ASSEMBLY
Dealer Reported 09/04/2009 Lexus of Atlantic City 25649 0112092 SERVICE/MAINTENANCE
Dealer Reported 09/04/2009 Lexus of Atlantic City 25649 0112092 COMB: EACH ADDITIONAL WHEEL
Dealer Reported 09/04/2009 Lexus of Atlantic City 25649 0112092 COMB: EACH ADDITIONAL WHEEL

Although it states SERVICE/MAINTENANCE it doesn't not state it was the 30,000 mile? Now further back on the page it states 5,000 mile maintenance and 10,000 mile maintenance.

Last edited by JASP615; 09-15-09 at 07:08 AM. Reason: ADDED MORE INFO