GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Got Lexus extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09, 01:28 PM
4everlexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fas2000
im from NJ, and i got my gx warrantied from troy last week. I was quoted 2900 from lexus of englewood. Troy took care of it.
Hey...how does he do it from that far away? When I went to Lexus of Edison, they guy there (very nice by the way) told me that he has to verify the vehicle is under 50k miles. It is, so no problem there. He also went on to tell me that Lexus will not write a policy if the vehicle has 50,001 miles on it. Interesting but, I guess they have to draw the line somewhere! I might PM you about this if that's okay?
Old 02-23-09, 09:47 AM
Qx2Gx
Rookie

This may be a fantastically noob question but...are the warranties in addition to the current mileage on your cars now or including? For example if you got the 7yr/100k and you have 40k miles, does it warranty your vehicle until 100k or for another 100k in addition to your current mileage (in this example until 140k)? Thanks!
Old 02-23-09, 02:19 PM
4everlexus
Rookie

Originally Posted by Qx2Gx
This may be a fantastically noob question but...are the warranties in addition to the current mileage on your cars now or including? For example if you got the 7yr/100k and you have 40k miles, does it warranty your vehicle until 100k or for another 100k in addition to your current mileage (in this example until 140k)? Thanks!
It just extends it UP to the 100k (your example). Details can be found here:

http://www.toyotadiscountwarranty.com/MiscPage_2#plat
Old 02-24-09, 10:32 AM
mann777

Received 63 Likes on 30 Posts

Troy seems to be the best option currently.
Old 08-28-09, 05:05 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bumping this up, but how does troy verify your vehicle is under the 4yr or 50,000 mi period? is this 100% legit? almost seems too good to be true and you know what they say about things that seem to be too good to be true...
Old 08-28-09, 07:19 AM
4everlexus
Rookie

Default Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by varcity64
bumping this up, but how does troy verify your vehicle is under the 4yr or 50,000 mi period? is this 100% legit? almost seems too good to be true and you know what they say about things that seem to be too good to be true...
Totally legit. I communicated with him via email several times and then a couple of phone calls just to be sure. The whole process was so easy, it is amazing. I even tried to give my local dealer the option to match it or at least come close and they blew me off! I did not tell them I was getting it from Troy just in case that would start a battle of sorts.

Anyway, as to the question about verifying, etc. All I did was type a letter indicating my VIN and mileage on the date I read it as well as a copy of my car regisitration and emailed it to him. The agreement arrived about 5 days later in the mail with a thank you note and a receipt for the credit card charge. Very professional. I used AMEX just in case it was "too good to be true" as it could be easily disputed there but, no need.

Highly recommend!!!
Old 09-02-09, 10:58 PM
lilybelle
Driver School Candidate

I just bought a 2006 GS300, 33k miles.
The dealer wanted to first sell me the Advantage warranty, which covers 7 more years from today. $2750, with $100 deductible.
I have researched and many have told me to only go with Lexus Platinum.
Am curious as to why, since the dealer says I can take my car ANYWHERE with the Advantage warranty.
Today he told me about the Zurich warranty, which is less money, and 5 years.
He says it is better than the Lexus Platinum.
he also did say he would match Toby's price of $2075, 8 years ( 2014), Platinum.
I would love to hear your experiences and thoughts.
I need to decide by tomorrow.
Thanks so much!
LB
Old 09-02-09, 11:01 PM
lilybelle
Driver School Candidate

Question to buy or not to buy..which one?:-)

I just bought a 2006 GS300, 33k miles.
The dealer wanted to first sell me the Advantage warranty, which covers 7 more years from today. $2750, with $100 deductible.
I have researched and many have told me to only go with Lexus Platinum.
Am curious as to why, since the dealer says I can take my car ANYWHERE with the Advantage warranty.
Today he told me about the Zurich warranty, which is less money, and 5 years.
He says it is better than the Lexus Platinum.
he also did say he would match Toby's price of $2075, 8 years ( 2014), Platinum.
I would love to hear your experiences and thoughts.
I need to decide by tomorrow.
Thanks so much!
LB
Old 09-06-09, 09:51 AM
lilybelle
Driver School Candidate

Default did anyone get a warranty for the interior? around 1k?

thanks!
Lilybelle
Old 09-14-09, 10:36 PM
pump142
Driver

I have the 7/100k extended on my 2006 GX (got it when I bought new).
I'm approaching 70K on it now.
Anyone extend the extended warranty?
What kind of plans are out there for this?
I'd like to stay Lexus warranty if possible.
Old 09-15-09, 06:25 AM
Vinniety
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pump142
I have the 7/100k extended on my 2006 GX (got it when I bought new).
I'm approaching 70K on it now.
Anyone extend the extended warranty?
What kind of plans are out there for this?
I'd like to stay Lexus warranty if possible.

I recommend to stay with lexus. I have some experience working at dealerships in my younger years and i have seen alot of this. People would go with Out side companies becasue of cost then when there is an issue WOW the excuses were crazy. One person got stuck, towed their car to the dealership they fixed it and gave him a bill. If i remember correctly it was an acura integra. That was when i worked for an acura dealership. He said that he isnt going to pay it becasue hes covered. Of course becasue it wasnt with acura they told him he needs to pay the bill and then work it out with the warranty company that he has. He came back about two weeks later all pissed off saying that he was suppose to contact the warranty first and becasue of that they arent paying. A few other things but it was an issue that i felt i never wanted to experience.

My gx now has an aftermarket warranty that was given to me by the used car dealership i purchased it from. I wasnt going to complain becasue that was the deal. 12 month warranty. I did call the warranty company to make sure all paper work was completed which it was but when i got into more detail with the lady on the phone she said the same crap that the guy at acura experienced. Contact them before any work and also when they pay for it they use a corporate credit card over the phone. I then called lexus and spoke to them about the warranty company and they said they will never except a credit card over the phone. I didnt get into to much detail becasue thank god no isses as of yet. When if ever i need to use it i will deal with it.
Good luck!
Old 05-10-10, 01:20 PM
jkelly618
Driver School Candidate

So are you saying that if I buy a Lexus warranty from an authorized Lexus dealer, that any authorized dealer has to service it under the terms of the warranty?
Old 05-10-10, 10:15 PM
Booyah
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes-------
Old 08-17-10, 11:01 PM
ubond007
Rookie

Hey guys so anyone know who to contact for us forum members looking to get the extended warranty. I have an 08 w/ 31K miles. thx!
Old 08-18-10, 03:04 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ubond007
Hey guys so anyone know who to contact for us forum members looking to get the extended warranty. I have an 08 w/ 31K miles. thx!
Call Troy Dietrich
Greenfield Toyota
413-772-0231

Quick Reply: Got Lexus extended warranty