ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009-218/)
-   -   Finally the "wait" is over (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009/344918-finally-the-wait-is-over.html)

The G Man 03-28-08 02:06 PM

Lol, I think the sport bumper looks good, so does most people. I guess different stroke for different folks. No offense to any silver GX owners out there, but a silver GX is so boring, I would pretty much pick any color beside silver.

SilverLady 03-28-08 06:01 PM

Great looking ride and welcome to the group! Its good you were able to get what you wanted.

Guys, no need to trash talk other people's colors and accessories. We are all proud of our GXs and they make them in different flavors for a reason. I agree it would be nicer if Lexus was more accomodating for special orders. I'm old enough to remember when you get order a standard American car with exact pieces of trim, seating, body type, etc. and color combinations straight from the factory.

BobsGX 03-29-08 04:29 PM

What color is your new GX? In the photo, to me, it looks like a light silver.

hkochat 03-30-08 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by BobsGX (Post 3401546)
What color is your new GX? In the photo, to me, it looks like a light silver.

Hello BobsGX,

The exterior color is Savannah Metallic and interior Ivory. I apologize that my image appeared misleading to you.

sphy1005 03-30-08 08:50 PM

I like the bumper trim (i have one too). as far as color i like all of the gx colors except for the blue. Nice ride and welcome to CL

cmarshack 05-28-08 04:52 PM

Man, the bumper trim looks UGLY !!!!
I don't think the GX looks the best in this color as well. I am sorry to say, the Silver looks the best choice for GX in my true opinion - I would get rid of the silly bumper trim and sell it on ebay and try recovering some $$ (hopefully someone will buy it !)
The bumper trim makes it look like some Chevy/Ford mod done at some road-side body shop (sorry !)
Are serious!!!!????

You should keep your coments on the LX570 board. If you don't like the color of someone's car that they just bought (and probably love) keep it to yourself!!!!

Your opinions SUCK!!!!!

(sorry mods)

hkochat 05-28-08 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by cmarshack (Post 3560363)
Are serious!!!!????

You should keep your coments on the LX570 board. If you don't like the color of someone's car that they just bought (and probably love) keep it to yourself!!!!

Your opinions SUCK!!!!!

(sorry mods)

Dear Friends,

Please let us not turn this resourceful and helpful site into a battle ground. It is quite normal to have flavors of immaturity and negativity time to time. Please remember, maturity comes alive only when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values and emphasizes the good qualities in others, and do not accentuate the dislikes. The inferior does the reverse. The best remedy is to ignore such comments. It is also a fact that a person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him by starting an argument or raise voice..

We have a very resourceful forum here enriched with very many helpful members. Let us preserve its wonderful colors and try compassionately not to diminish its quality. I personally didn’t take any of “rspjr05” comments seriously. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. So let us be positive and creative. IMHO

The G Man 05-29-08 06:06 AM

hkochat, do you talk like that in real life, :) Just Kidding :)

kphu 05-29-08 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by The G Man (Post 3561741)
hkochat, do you talk like that in real life, :) Just Kidding :)

I do!!!!!! :)

cmarshack 05-29-08 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by hkochat (Post 3561097)
Dear Friends,

Please let us not turn this resourceful and helpful site into a battle ground. It is quite normal to have flavors of immaturity and negativity time to time. Please remember, maturity comes alive only when a person postpones immediate pleasures for long-term values and emphasizes the good qualities in others, and do not accentuate the dislikes. The inferior does the reverse. The best remedy is to ignore such comments. It is also a fact that a person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him by starting an argument or raise voice..

We have a very resourceful forum here enriched with very many helpful members. Let us preserve its wonderful colors and try compassionately not to diminish its quality. I personally didn’t take any of “rspjr05” comments seriously. Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. So let us be positive and creative. IMHO

Very well said!:thumbup:

I just had a bad day and saw that rspjr05 had very negative things to say about your car in two different threads. I personally don't think that there is room for that here.

He could have stated his opinion in a much more constructive mannor, and maybe in retrospect I could have too;)

kphu 05-29-08 01:34 PM

hkochat, you should consider writing for Hallmark. Great writing!

The G Man 05-30-08 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by kphu (Post 3562711)
hkochat, you should consider writing for Hallmark. Great writing!

Or for a fortune cookie company :)