GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

help with height control

Old 03-15-06, 08:24 PM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Question help with height control

My height control button has not been functioning on my GX. The off light continues to blink. Any ideas????

Thanks
Old 03-16-06, 06:52 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi MD,

Does the height control button light blinks as you start the ignition or when you try to raise or lower the height?

Light blinks to let you know that air is being either pumped into the unit to RAISE the height or bleeding out to LOWER the height. Once it reaches the correct height the light should stop blinking.

If the light is blinking it means the system is trying to attain one of the correct levels:

1. LOW
2. NORMAL
3. HIGH

If it's still blinking it means:

a. It's in a height level in between
b. There is a problem with the control itself

Normally blinks for about 30 seconds only and shuts off automatically at the correct height. Sorry I'm not sure if this answers your question of not, but if this if the problem still persists, I would definately bring it back to dealer...

-Alex
Old 03-16-06, 07:24 PM
MDlexus
Intermediate

Off continues to blink and cannot adjust the height. I've had the truck now for almost 3 yrs now never happened before.
Old 03-16-06, 07:52 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

It's covered under warranty, bring it on in... Your dealer will have it fixed in record time!

-Alex
Old 03-19-06, 08:09 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDlexus
Off continues to blink and cannot adjust the height. I've had the truck now for almost 3 yrs now never happened before.
so the "OFF" blinks even if u don't press the "Off" button?
Old 03-25-06, 03:20 PM
MDlexus
Intermediate

uh yes what is so difficult to understand
Old 03-25-06, 03:30 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Read your manual... and go to the dealer

Originally Posted by MDlexus
uh yes what is so difficult to understand
No need to be a jerk...

Height control “OFF” indicator light: When the ignition
switch is turned on, this light comes on. If it goes out after a few
seconds, the rear height control air suspension operates
correctly. If you push the “HEIGHT CONTROL OFF” switch,
the rear height control air suspension is turned off. The height
control “OFF” indicator light comes on.
In the following cases, there is a problem somewhere in the
rear height control air suspension. Although there is no
problem to continue normal driving, have the rear height
control air suspension checked by your Lexus dealer as soon
as possible.
 The height control “OFF” indicator light does not come on
when the ignition switch is turned on.
 The height control “OFF” indicator light blinks.
Old 01-22-18, 06:58 AM
DivineDavy
Driver School Candidate

HEIGHT CONTROL FLASHING "OFF" FIXED
2004 LEXUS GX470
I replaced one passenger side rear suspension bag two years ago. Everything was fine. The other went out a year later and I replaced it with no issue as well. The "OFF" began to flash, but everything is working fine. When I have my wife in passenger side and my 10 year old son in the back, it goes up a bit. When I park it releases and functions well. I don't mess with the "Hi" or "LOW" settings.

When I start the truck and I am in park, everything is fine. As I drive, 5 seconds later "OFF" flashes. The book says, "See the dealer" but I'm no fan of Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, NY as they are always "Fishing" trying to make a dollar. I tried everything including the paperclip "JUMP" through the computer port under the dash. Unhooked battery overnight. Nothing seemed to work, same problem "OFF" flashing when I drive, not in reverse. I park in my driveway and always back in, the slope has the rear slightly higher than the front. Not sure if the settings are effected by this slope and the replacement of the suspension bags. I also messed with the sensors as one was bent due to the truck bottoming out at one point. I finally got them lined up the the rear went up as normal, but still "OFF" flashing. The other day I parked on the street because my daughter took the driveway, the truck was level overnight. I noticed the "OFF" did not flash for a while when I left for work the next day, then about 10 minutes after driving, there it was again the blinking "OFF" ARGH....

Long story short, I read that the VEHICLE HEIGHT CONTROL does not operate unless you are going over 18MPH. So what I did was find a nice log street, hit the gas and made sure i was going 30MPH and threw the truck in "N" (neutral). I coasted to the stop sign then put her back in "D" (drive) I did that maybe twice during the past week on my way home from work. For the past four days, the "OFF" has not flashed. I thought maybe the bulb blew becuase it's been blinking for a while now and I was not worried about it as it drives normal. I also just paid for timing belt and water pump replacement, so I pulled over put the truck in "P" (park) and checked to see if I could turn the VHC "OFF" and yes, the light was active. I then put it back on which turns the "OFF" light off. (hope you follow me) I no longer have the "OFF" flashing when I drive. Keep you all posted. Try this fix, save that trip to the dealer, you know they are in the business of making money, as if they don't make enough. Good luck...and God Bless.
Old 01-22-18, 07:33 AM
ALAN553
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 144 Posts

changing height control does not operate over 18 MPH, if you manually choose to lower or raise the height of the vehicle, it will return to N when you acclerate to 18 MPH, that being said, the system is dynamic and always operating in order to maintain that N height...if you load the truck up it will keep it level regardless of speed...so that being said...no idea why your fix worked....