GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

LuxLink Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 06:55 AM
25cliffy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pearlpower, that would be much appreciated. So would that make this product available elsewhere?

CcS
Old 01-23-06, 03:01 PM
robinzon
Driver

Ok ONE thing at a time... 25Cliffy the price is $269 (as of a week or two ago) and they DO NOT have it in stock still ... and with the way they do business its in out of stock ALL the time...

Lonewolf, I am not sure where you usually get your information but yet again you are misinformed, you use your FACTORY key there is no OTHER chip the unit intercepts LOCK signals... it plugs into the FACTORY HARNESS plus two more wires have to be spliced into the LOCK relay if you want to unlokc the car with a fob within several seconds of starting if not there is no splicing but you just need to use the key to open the door, which is not a bad idea considering your car is sitting outside idling.
Old 01-23-06, 03:19 PM
robinzon
Driver

Here is an update for you, apparently units will not be around for ANOTHER 4 months because the manufacturer for the LuxuryMotorworks wants double the price so they decided not to make it with them... I really don't understand the marketing policies of this company the way it looks they will NEVER have one ready it takes days to manufacture these I really don't see why they can't order the circuit boards and have someone simply solder to it. hmm
Old 01-23-06, 07:04 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

There is probably more to it than that.

But for those that would like to buy direct, Directed is the company

My Luxlink remote start unit is a 551T Valet model. A new and improved 561T is available.

http://www.directed.com/security/valet/val_rs.asp#561T

Here is the link for them.

Hope that helps.
Lee
Old 01-23-06, 07:12 PM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robinson,

...ONCE again you're misinformed, I don't know WHERE you got your info from...

Just a LITTLE harsh don't you think?!??

If you want to know where I got the info from, ask me. I would have told you. I don't want to start another "FLAME" war on this forum, one incident was enough...

I'll just simply state that I was told about the giving up a key when I first wanted to order this kit from them last year, FEB/MAR 2005. I don't know maybe things MIGHT have changed since then? Apologies to all if I misinformed anyone...

-Alex
Old 01-23-06, 07:37 PM
robinzon
Driver

its RobinZon lonelywolf hehe but seriously I have talked to them multiple times and the system NEVER used a key transmitter it interecepts signals at the ECU harness.

Addendum: Lonewolf69 actually let me appologize, THEY (LuxLink) misinformed you as a matter of fact and hence the confusion.. they utilized the DEI555x bypass module which needs the KEY's Frequency (it learns it) to operate but does NOT need the actual key (once the frequency is learned you use the key as you always would. So there is the glitch..

thanks

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Robinson,

...ONCE again you're misinformed, I don't know WHERE you got your info from...

Just a LITTLE harsh don't you think?!??

If you want to know where I got the info from, ask me. I would have told you. I don't want to start another "FLAME" war on this forum, one incident was enough...

I'll just simply state that I was told about the giving up a key when I first wanted to order this kit from them last year, FEB/MAR 2005. I don't know maybe things MIGHT have changed since then? Apologies to all if I misinformed anyone...

-Alex

Last edited by robinzon; 01-23-06 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-23-06, 07:41 PM
robinzon
Driver

Lee,

Thanks for the info, so let me get this straight, LuxLink SENT you the unit OR you bought it from Directed? what I am trying to figure out is that the unit is compatible with ALL Toyota vehicles or is there a GX harness? since ther are no other specs on the site... was your install straight plug and play? you did it or someone else did it for you? (I would think there are SOME instructions there? ) if I remmber correctly it goes into factory harness plus two more wires for the locking relay?!?

Thank you

P.S. "more to it" you mean luxlink not having the units?

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
There is probably more to it than that.

But for those that would like to buy direct, Directed is the company

My Luxlink remote start unit is a 551T Valet model. A new and improved 561T is available.

http://www.directed.com/security/valet/val_rs.asp#561T

Here is the link for them.

Hope that helps.
Lee
Old 01-23-06, 07:53 PM
robinzon
Driver

Boys and girls I found a couple of links that might be useful... first off the 561t can be gotten for $79 plus the DEI 555x remote bypass module for Toyota (I believe we need this for the remote start read about it here:

http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/555X.html
and 561T Valet unit at the same place

http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/561t.html

Also attached is the INSTALLATION MANUAL for the unit

Thanks

Last edited by robinzon; 01-23-06 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-24-06, 08:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

This unit came installed on my car. I took a look at it to find out what make /model it was so that I could program it instead of taking it to Luxlink. It is a Luxlink unit with sticker and all.

Here are some links I uploaded for you guys.
They are instruction manual and also installation manual so that you can see what is involved. I will check again shortly to see if the other Toyota module is connected on mine but if memory serves I do not believe so.
Lee

Right lick below and SAVE to your drive once to save me bandwidth. Thank you.

USERS GUIDE

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-24-06 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-24-06, 09:01 AM
robinzon
Driver

Lee,

The links are broken and also I included the install manual in my 561T post as an attachment, What is more important is if you can let us know HOW the unit is installed. If its hardwired that's one thing, however the whole beauty of LuxLink units is that they are plug-and play into the harness w/o much splicing. So what the unit is is not as relevant as HOW its connects as I am sure LuxLink made their own harness to integrate into the vehicle.

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
This unit came installed on my car. I took a look at it to find out what make /model it was so that I could program it instead of taking it to Luxlink. It is a Luxlink unit with sticker and all.

Here are some links I uploaded for you guys.
They are instruction manual and also installation manual so that you can see what is involved. I will check again shortly to see if the other Toyota module is connected on mine but if memory serves I do not believe so.
Lee

Right lick below and SAVE to your drive once to save me bandwidth. Thank you.

USERS GUIDE

INSTALLATION MANUAL
Old 01-24-06, 09:03 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I know, you must be monitoring this every second. I just posted it and checked it, edited it. Should work now. As I stated above I will check LATER on the install.
Old 01-25-06, 06:48 AM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default Is that all there is to it?

So the 561T and the 555xbypass is all you need? About $120? More importantly now. Is this a do it yourself job? Keep in mind, I'm no electronics wizard - but did manage the DVD bypass mod and xenon light install etc - all the stuff available on the forum

Appreciate the info and link Robinzon

Can anybody else confirm or deny this info without causing a stink!

I'm really looking forward to this mod - especially if it's gonna be cheap and easy!

Thanks
CcS
Old 01-25-06, 08:13 AM
robinzon
Driver

Cliffy LuxLink had a premade connector that plugs into the harness to do this yourself involves getting into a lot of wire splicing unless you know the harness by heart since you need at least Engine Ignition Wire, Tachometer Wire, Starer Wire, Light Wire etc at the minimum... that's why I am trying tofigure out what kind of connectors they used.

Originally Posted by 25cliffy
So the 561T and the 555xbypass is all you need? About $120? More importantly now. Is this a do it yourself job? Keep in mind, I'm no electronics wizard - but did manage the DVD bypass mod and xenon light install etc - all the stuff available on the forum

Appreciate the info and link Robinzon

Can anybody else confirm or deny this info without causing a stink!

I'm really looking forward to this mod - especially if it's gonna be cheap and easy!

Thanks
CcS
Old 01-25-06, 08:20 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

I will get some pics of the SC install on board later today or tomorrow. Keeping in mind that the wiring is completely different to the GX, however it will at least give an idea what if any harness is required. Also, before someone starts tinkering and splicing, it is highly recommended you have a wiring diagram for your vehicle. The wiring diagram book is around $40-$70 from the dealer.
Lee
Old 01-25-06, 11:32 AM
25cliffy
Rookie

Default thanks

Sounds like this is a mod that should be left up to the pros.... or atleast someone that has more experience than I do. Let me know if you find the harness that would make this DIY.

CcS

Quick Reply: LuxLink Remote start