GX - 1st Gen (2003-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Baby is in!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-06, 03:04 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Here are the GX's personnalized settings:

Door Lock Systems
Unlocking of doors
By pressing the remote key door unlock button, the following functions can be programmed:
1.Pressing the unlock button one time will unlock all doors. (Rear included)
2.Pressing the unlock button one time unlocks the driver's door, and two times unlocks all doors. (Standard)

Flashing of signal lights
Using the remote key, the following operations can be programmed:
1.Press the LOCK/UNLOCK button on the remote key and the lights will not flash.
2.Press the LOCK button and the lights will flash once. Press the UNLOCK button and the lights will flash twice. (Standard)

Unlocking doors when placing vehicle into park
While the engine is running and the vehicle is placed into park, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.When placing the vehicle into park, all of the doors will remain LOCKED. (Standard)
2.When placing vehicle into park, ALL the doors will automatically UNLOCK.

Auto locking of doors at 13 mph
When the vehicle reaches 13 mph, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.The doors will not lock. (Standard)
2.All of the doors will automatically lock.

Locking doors when shifting from park
While the brake pedal is being pressed and the vehicle is taken out of park and placed into another range, the doors can be programmed for the following:
1.The doors will remain unchanges.
2.To automatically lock. (Standard)

Power Window and Moon Roof
Using the remote key to open all windows and the moon roof
Pressing the UNLOCK button on the remote key for 2.5 seconds, the vehicle can be programmed as follows:
1.The windows will not roll down and the moon roof will not open.
2.All the windows will roll down and the moon roof will open. (Standard)

Lighting Systems
Illumination of cabin light
After closing the door, the interior lights can be adjusted to stay on for the following:
1.7.5 seconds
2.15 seconds (Standard)
3.30 seconds

Illumination of the interior light
When the ignition switch is turned from ACC to LOCK, the interior cabin light can be programmed for the following:
1.Not illuminate.
2.To illuminate. (Standard)
*Note: The interior cabin light must be placed in the door mode.

Delaying headlights to turn off
After turning off the ignition and all the doors are closed, if the headlights are ON or in the AUTO position, the lights can be programmed for the following:
1.Turn off immediately, when the vehicle is turned off and the driver door is opened.
2.Turn off in 30 seconds. (Standard)
3.Turn off in 60 seconds.
4.Turn off in 90 seconds.

Sensitivity of automatic headlights
While driving the vehicle and the headlight switch is placed in the "AUTO" mode, the front headlights can be programmed to turn on under darker or lighter ambient light conditions. Circle setting selection:

Normal = 3 (Standard)

Tilt Steering Wheel
Auto tilt away of the steering wheel
When the vehicle is placed in park, the ignition turned off, and the key is removed from the ignition, the steering wheel can be set to the following:
1.Automatically move up and away from the driver position setting. (Standard)
2.Remain in the current position, as set by the driver.

* The customized features must be programmed by your Lexus dealer.
= Standard Setting
= Optional Setting
Old 01-11-06, 07:24 PM
DavidsGX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, G Man, how to set the Sensitivity of automatic headlights ??
And Thanks for the info!
Old 01-11-06, 07:59 PM
ariana8
Driver School Candidate

Excellent message G Man - thanks.
Old 01-11-06, 09:21 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also if anyone is interested, when you have the dealer change the Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS), you can also have the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) disabled.
Old 01-12-06, 06:12 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Bob and G!

On first glance most of the "standard" settings look good to me and what I am used to with my current vehicle. I have never been a fan of DRLs, but will give them a chance. Do they stay on when regular lights go on? If so, will turning them "off" as default keep them off permanently?

I'm hoping I can save my "one free setting" for a later date. The tilt wheel option auto tilt up is one that I would like to spend some time with, for one. I expect that in the beginning it will creep me out to have the wheel do what it wants, but will probably be very valuable for hubby when it is his turn to get into the drivers seat. Hmmm....

We are scheduled for pickup today!
Old 01-12-06, 06:28 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

As far as I know, the dealer have to set the Sensitivity of automatic headlights. There is no option to disable the day time running lights, although there is a way to do it from what I have read on this forums, and the DRL goes off when the low beams are on.
Old 01-13-06, 12:19 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Smile We have the GX!

We picked her up yesterday! I'll attach a pic.

I know mine looks like everybody else's, but hey, my parrot looks like the others, my uromastyx looks like everybody's, and I'll even admit that when I had a newborn she didn't look that different. Still everyone always shows pictures. So feel free to ooh and ahh like you never saw one before anyway.

Good news is it actually fits in the garage! I was worried there for awhile.

Purchase went smoothly, and she is well made and gorgeous. A flock of birds got her right before we turned into the driveway, so she now looks officially welcomed into the neighborhood.

This is definitely more luxurious than our Ford Explorer (which we wound up trading one day after her 10 year anniverssary). It will take some getting used to - I have a lot less room for all the stuff I like to keep in front near the drivers seat, and there is no way to charge my phone at night or even a good place to put it. The seat itself has less adjustments and I am still working on a position that is comfy for more than a couple of minutes.

If anyone has a suggestion for the little stuff- like where to put the phone or change for a toll I'd like to hear it. Meanwhile I will enjoy the overall experience and play with the Nav.
Attached Thumbnails Baby is in!-lexus06a2.jpg  
Old 01-13-06, 01:33 PM
batmobl
Rookie

Congratulations!!!!! That is one sweet looking SUV You will definitely enjoy it. I put the change right underneath the cassette player, there is a compartment. Good luck using the voice command for the nav. It sucks. My honda's nav recognizes voice much better.
Old 01-13-06, 02:04 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

If you are a non-smoker, you can buy some felt paper at a hobby store with adhesive backing and lined the ashtray with it and made it into a coin tray, works really good but kind of tricky to lined. If you dont have the time, then you can buy a non-smoker box, its basically the same, its a felt lined ash tray for coins, cost about $25, the link is below.

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=844

BTW couldnt you charge the cell phone with the cigarette lighter jack, its the same voltage.

Good Luck and congrat
Old 01-13-06, 03:10 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Bat - yeah, the voice command is a little brain dead - I asked it to switch to FM2 on the radio and it showed me all the nearest ATMs on the Nav screen! I will play with it a bit more, but I probably won't use it much.

Looking under the cassette tray, the only thing I see is the little ash tray that G-man mentioned. Not only is it tiny, but it has a big piece of metal on top as part of the mechanism (and possibly a shield?). I had already rejected it, but I don't use tolls that much and maybe if I put in mostly quarters it will work. I'll also try to get a look at that part G-man mentioned and see if it works without that shield. If I start using tolls more I can always get Easy Pass, but now it would be more trouble than it is worth.

G-man - thanks for the site and the tip on the ashtray replacement. My problem with the 12V power outlet is not just the bad placement (incredible that the only one in the vehicle requires you to stretch a wire either up across your controls or out across your shift mechanisms!), but the unusual fact that it is not "hot" when the car is off. I always charge my phone in the car when I am not using it so it is ready and there when I need it. I don't even drive enough to charge it, and certainly won't want the wire sticking out in that area when I am driving. I just tried out the cigarette lighter jack and it is the same situation. Who makes these design decisions?

On a positive note, the audio and comfort controls seem more intuitive than I was worried about. I was concerned with all the menuing instead of a simple dial or button, but there seem to be enough ways to do something that I should be able to work it one way or the other. The fact that I now have auto climate control should also mean less fiddling.