Disable Tire Pressure Sensors? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-05, 09:18 AM   #1
angelslex
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,059
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Tire pressure warning flashing light bypass

If you doing aftermarket wheels you ither have to buy new sensor or take the sensor from you OEM wheels and tires and put them into the new wheels and tires so the light won't stay on and the prices for each new sensor are $100 a piece and then you have to take them to get it program. Is to much of a headache so i came up with a simple solution i grow up driving older car with none of this new pain in the a** sensor BYPASS I know when i need air in my tires i don't need an ECU unit telling me this. all you need to do is cut one wire and ground it .
Attached Thumbnails
Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?-dsc01165.jpg  
angelslex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-05, 09:31 AM   #2
angelslex
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,059
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

"At your own risk" Only do this if you have little knowlege with car electronics or have the cojones to do it all it takes about 15 minutes to do this mod there is a plastic right below the glove box remove screw and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU)it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6(when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you star #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that anyway is the blue wire you need to cut this and ground the wire going to the bulb or light not the one for the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat . If you guys have any ? PM me about this
Attached Thumbnails
Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?-dsc01166.jpg  
angelslex is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to angelslex For This Useful Post:
Dilliardj (01-21-18)
Old 11-28-05, 06:20 PM   #3
ssvalina
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?

Just had cast-off wheels with Michelin Latitude x Ice installed (by dealer) without sensors. Is there any way I can disable the blinking tire sensor light?

I'm 6' 2". I develop soreness on the side of the right foot when driving for extended periods. Does anyone specialize (in the Chicago area) in moving the front driver's seat back an inch or two?

Steve
'05 GX470 with Sport Option(black)
ssvalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-05, 06:38 PM   #4
caha14
Lexus Test Driver
 
caha14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 1,577
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssvalina
Just had cast-off wheels with Michelin Latitude x Ice installed (by dealer) without sensors. Is there any way I can disable the blinking tire sensor light?

Steve
'05 GX470 with Sport Option(black)
Pull the fuse? That's the only choice that comes to mind. Hopefully the TPMS has its own circuit.
caha14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-05, 07:20 PM   #5
peterGX470
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Here is how you bypass the Tire pressure warning light

Under the passenger glove box there is a plastic cover, remove the screw (1) and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU) it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6 (when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you start #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that.

Anyway it's the blue wire you need to cut and ground the wire leaving the box not the one going to the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat .

I didn't have to do it on my GX when I got new 22" wheel. Don't know why it didn't goes off. Oh well. Ssve me the trouble of doing the bypass, But it will work. I tryed on a friend GX with no problem.
peterGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 06:56 AM   #6
db6
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 96
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default It won't help with the right foot, but the foot rest on

the left side can be pryed up to give some additional legroom on that side.
db6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 07:11 AM   #7
angelslex
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,059
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Here is what Peter did but with a pic. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ressure+bypass.
angelslex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 07:13 AM   #8
angelslex
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,059
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Tire Pressure sensor bypass

Ssvalina PM if you need more info in How to do this?
angelslex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 04:24 PM   #9
peterGX470
Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: KS
Posts: 108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yeah, that is!

any ideas why my sensor didn't goes off? I know it work cause last week the temperture drop below 20 and it went off. Put air in and it goes away. Now put new wheel on and it didn't goes off.
peterGX470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 05:21 PM   #10
leot
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Go to dealer

i had a flat; sensor blinked; fixed flat, sensor still was on no blink. called dealer; said come up right away, we will fix; 1 and 1/2 hours later gave me back car with tire sensor off. who the hell knows what they did. maybe disabled sensor. I am gonna flatten a tire to see if sensor comes on again.
leot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-05, 06:04 PM   #11
angelslex
Lexus Test Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,059
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterGX470
Yeah, that is!

any ideas why my sensor didn't goes off? I know it work cause last week the temperture drop below 20 and it went off. Put air in and it goes away. Now put new wheel on and it didn't goes off.
I don't really understand your ? the way my is set up is disable with the OEM wheels or aftermarket wheels .
angelslex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-06, 06:47 AM   #12
pakundo
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelslex
"At your own risk" Only do this if you have little knowlege with car electronics or have the cojones to do it all it takes about 15 minutes to do this mod there is a plastic right below the glove box remove screw and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU)it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6(when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you star #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that anyway is the blue wire you need to cut this and ground the wire going to the bulb or light not the one for the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat . If you guys have any ? PM me about this



what about the gs300???? i am having the same dilema...T.I.A
pakundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-06, 05:59 PM   #13
knicker
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ca
Posts: 203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

pakundo I am having the same issue as you i put 22's on my ride and then 3 weeks go by and the thing starts freaking out! I went to the dealer and they turned it off....they said everything was reading properly....but they could not explain why the light came on originally. He said make sure that nobody has kicked the little button the under the passanger side dash and then hit the reset button under the drivers dash hold till light blinks slow 3 times then HIT AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN. basically he said do the second step twice for some reason it usually wont reset that way. or just have him plug his little machine it and blinking lights be gone!!!!!!!
knicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-06, 11:13 AM   #14
pakundo
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicker
pakundo I am having the same issue as you i put 22's on my ride and then 3 weeks go by and the thing starts freaking out! I went to the dealer and they turned it off....they said everything was reading properly....but they could not explain why the light came on originally. He said make sure that nobody has kicked the little button the under the passanger side dash and then hit the reset button under the drivers dash hold till light blinks slow 3 times then HIT AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN. basically he said do the second step twice for some reason it usually wont reset that way. or just have him plug his little machine it and blinking lights be gone!!!!!!!


thanks man!...did you put the stock wheels back when you took it to the dealer???..co'z mine turned on while i was driving on the highway ...also i noticed one time..it was foggy and the darn thing did not show up( i mean no light or nothing) im talking about the whole without a problem,.and soon i pulled into my driveway.the freakin thing came on...lols.....oh well
pakundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 08:36 AM   #15
Lac
Driver
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Angleslex or PeterGX470:
Would you let me know if the battery terminals must be disconnected before cutting the TPMS wires? Thanks
Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TPMS Sensor emotional rollercoaster Spudo769 LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) 1 11-01-17 02:41 PM
Tire Pressure Sensors dtaylor GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) 4 03-13-17 11:24 AM
Lexus / Toyota AFS light headlight level sensor jimdwright LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 15 11-14-16 08:49 AM
TPM Sensor Problem on New Wheels Kane007 GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 11 06-23-16 05:48 AM
TPMS sensors - OEM only or aftermarket JDJackson LX - 3rd Gen (2008-present) 8 03-16-16 08:48 PM


Tags
07 , button , car , gx470 , ice , lexus , light , pressure , program , reset , rx , sensor , sensors , tire , tires

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: