GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-05, 08:18 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Tire pressure warning flashing light bypass

If you doing aftermarket wheels you ither have to buy new sensor or take the sensor from you OEM wheels and tires and put them into the new wheels and tires so the light won't stay on and the prices for each new sensor are $100 a piece and then you have to take them to get it program. Is to much of a headache so i came up with a simple solution i grow up driving older car with none of this new pain in the a** sensor BYPASS I know when i need air in my tires i don't need an ECU unit telling me this. all you need to do is cut one wire and ground it .
Attached Thumbnails Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?-dsc01165.jpg  
Old 04-09-05, 08:31 AM
angelslex
Instructor

"At your own risk" Only do this if you have little knowlege with car electronics or have the cojones to do it all it takes about 15 minutes to do this mod there is a plastic right below the glove box remove screw and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU)it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6(when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you star #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that anyway is the blue wire you need to cut this and ground the wire going to the bulb or light not the one for the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat . If you guys have any ? PM me about this
Attached Thumbnails Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?-dsc01166.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Dilliardj (01-21-18)
Old 11-28-05, 05:20 PM
ssvalina
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?

Just had cast-off wheels with Michelin Latitude x Ice installed (by dealer) without sensors. Is there any way I can disable the blinking tire sensor light?

I'm 6' 2". I develop soreness on the side of the right foot when driving for extended periods. Does anyone specialize (in the Chicago area) in moving the front driver's seat back an inch or two?

Steve
'05 GX470 with Sport Option(black)
Old 11-28-05, 05:38 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ssvalina
Just had cast-off wheels with Michelin Latitude x Ice installed (by dealer) without sensors. Is there any way I can disable the blinking tire sensor light?

Steve
'05 GX470 with Sport Option(black)
Pull the fuse? That's the only choice that comes to mind. Hopefully the TPMS has its own circuit.
Old 11-30-05, 06:20 PM
peterGX470
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Here is how you bypass the Tire pressure warning light

Under the passenger glove box there is a plastic cover, remove the screw (1) and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU) it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6 (when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you start #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that.

Anyway it's the blue wire you need to cut and ground the wire leaving the box not the one going to the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat .

I didn't have to do it on my GX when I got new 22" wheel. Don't know why it didn't goes off. Oh well. Ssve me the trouble of doing the bypass, But it will work. I tryed on a friend GX with no problem.
Old 12-01-05, 05:56 AM
db6
Rookie

Default It won't help with the right foot, but the foot rest on

the left side can be pryed up to give some additional legroom on that side.
Old 12-01-05, 06:11 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Here is what Peter did but with a pic. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ressure+bypass.
Old 12-01-05, 06:13 AM
angelslex
Instructor

Default Tire Pressure sensor bypass

Ssvalina PM if you need more info in How to do this?
Old 12-01-05, 03:24 PM
peterGX470
Driver

Yeah, that is!

any ideas why my sensor didn't goes off? I know it work cause last week the temperture drop below 20 and it went off. Put air in and it goes away. Now put new wheel on and it didn't goes off.
Old 12-01-05, 04:21 PM
leot
Driver School Candidate

Default Go to dealer

i had a flat; sensor blinked; fixed flat, sensor still was on no blink. called dealer; said come up right away, we will fix; 1 and 1/2 hours later gave me back car with tire sensor off. who the hell knows what they did. maybe disabled sensor. I am gonna flatten a tire to see if sensor comes on again.
Old 12-01-05, 05:04 PM
angelslex
Instructor

Originally Posted by peterGX470
Yeah, that is!

any ideas why my sensor didn't goes off? I know it work cause last week the temperture drop below 20 and it went off. Put air in and it goes away. Now put new wheel on and it didn't goes off.
I don't really understand your ? the way my is set up is disable with the OEM wheels or aftermarket wheels .
Old 05-20-06, 05:47 AM
pakundo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by angelslex
"At your own risk" Only do this if you have little knowlege with car electronics or have the cojones to do it all it takes about 15 minutes to do this mod there is a plastic right below the glove box remove screw and pull down you going to see a little green box (tire pressure monitor ECU)it has plug with 16 wires look for the #6(when you unplug and looking at the plug in front of you star #1 top left corner and #9 should be right below that anyway is the blue wire you need to cut this and ground the wire going to the bulb or light not the one for the little box and the light goes off even with one of your OEM wheels and tires flat . If you guys have any ? PM me about this

what about the gs300???? i am having the same dilema...T.I.A
Old 06-06-06, 04:59 PM
knicker
Pole Position

pakundo I am having the same issue as you i put 22's on my ride and then 3 weeks go by and the thing starts freaking out! I went to the dealer and they turned it off....they said everything was reading properly....but they could not explain why the light came on originally. He said make sure that nobody has kicked the little button the under the passanger side dash and then hit the reset button under the drivers dash hold till light blinks slow 3 times then HIT AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN. basically he said do the second step twice for some reason it usually wont reset that way. or just have him plug his little machine it and blinking lights be gone!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-06, 10:13 AM
pakundo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by knicker
pakundo I am having the same issue as you i put 22's on my ride and then 3 weeks go by and the thing starts freaking out! I went to the dealer and they turned it off....they said everything was reading properly....but they could not explain why the light came on originally. He said make sure that nobody has kicked the little button the under the passanger side dash and then hit the reset button under the drivers dash hold till light blinks slow 3 times then HIT AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON AGAIN. basically he said do the second step twice for some reason it usually wont reset that way. or just have him plug his little machine it and blinking lights be gone!!!!!!!

thanks man!...did you put the stock wheels back when you took it to the dealer???..co'z mine turned on while i was driving on the highway ...also i noticed one time..it was foggy and the darn thing did not show up( i mean no light or nothing) im talking about the whole without a problem,.and soon i pulled into my driveway.the freakin thing came on...lols.....oh well
Old 11-05-08, 07:36 AM
Lac
Driver

Angleslex or PeterGX470:
Would you let me know if the battery terminals must be disconnected before cutting the TPMS wires? Thanks

Quick Reply: Disable Tire Pressure Sensors?