GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Bluetooth BLUES :) - No more!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-05, 07:26 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth BLUES :) - No more!!!!

Hi Folks,

There were plenty of threads previously on bluetooth issues. Such as dropped connections, low sound, SLOW wait before phone and GX470 kicks in to speakerphone mode.

This last one was extremely hideous because when ever you place a phone call, the recipient has been ringing for at least one maybe two rings, picks up and says hello... There were a few times that the person would hang up because they thought it was a prank phone call and no one is talking but in reality, GX470 and phone were waiting to connect and enable the speakerphone...

I stated WAS because with my new SONY S710A, I finally have a GREAT bluetooth connection, whereas before with my SONY T68i (First gen Bluetooth) it was only an adequate connection. Here are the following improvements I noticed within 1 week of using this new phone:

No DELAY to pickup (see about ref. regarding prank call)
Crisp, clear reception (BLUETOOTH issue NOT RF cingular issue)
When dialing from the S710a, and connection is made, PHONE offers me choice to BYPASS Lexus and speak via phone (privacy) or BT speakerphone (public)
Range doubled. Left the phone in the house the other day but was still able to make a call while in garage...!!!

I'm not sure if the benefits are with the SONY or with third GEN. Bluetooth capability, has anyone else noticed any improvement with their new BT enabled phones?

Some Phones there maybe others:

Motorola Razor
Nokia 6682

Last edited by lonewolf69; 10-13-05 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Edit title...
Old 10-13-05, 08:06 AM
tnguyenmdc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using a Motorola RAZR ever since I got my GX. Never had any problems that you described. Pick up very fast, and reception is very clear. Only issue it people on the other side always tell me that I sound like I'm far, far away. I think it has to do with the location of the microphone in the car.

Can people confirm the location of the mic? I believe it's by the sunglasses holder, correct??
Old 10-13-05, 09:36 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TnGuy,

Great news, indeed! But if you'll take a look on the forum here for Bluetooth, you'll see most of problems I've describe by other users... Again, this is only a recap of ALL of the previous posts and some of my own problems using my OLDER Sony T68i telephone...

...my NEW S710a is absolutely great!!! Glad to here the Motorola is working well for you too, which should confirm my findings that 3rd generation bluetooth enabled phones don't have a problem wih the GX470...

So far the only 3rd Generation bluetooth models I know are:

Sony S710a
Nokia 6682
Motorola Razor

are there others out there?
Old 10-13-05, 06:24 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Delay with Razr

I still get the delay withmy Razor when dialing from the phone. No delay when dialing from the dash phone book
Old 10-17-05, 07:35 PM
Tin Star
Rookie

Smile

lonewolf....................you have a PM