GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

rear hatch lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 11:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Default rear hatch lock

I have a 05 GX and I am trying to figure out how the rear hatch lock works. According to the manual, to lock the rear hatch into position while it is open, pull the door hinge upward, to release the hatch from its lock position, push down on the hinge. I try to move the hinge up and down, I could not get any movement out of it, never mine trying to get it to lock. Am I missing something here?
Old 10-11-05, 02:58 PM
loflin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I have a 05 GX and I am trying to figure out how the rear hatch lock works. According to the manual, to lock the rear hatch into position while it is open, pull the door hinge upward, to release the hatch from its lock position, push down on the hinge. I try to move the hinge up and down, I could not get any movement out of it, never mine trying to get it to lock. Am I missing something here?
It's not up and down it's horizontal. There is a flat part in the middle of the black "door prop", open the door fully and push it (i.e. I use my foot) back. It will lock the door open. Then to unlock, pull it forward with your hand. It's in the manual around pg 28.I didn't see anything in the manual about up and down??
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
GX rear door lock.bmp (81.8 KB, 226 views)
Old 10-11-05, 06:41 PM
JohnAMG
Rookie

Since last week I couldn't figure this out until 5 hours ago. I was trying to do the up/down thing too until I figure out to push to lock. Now only thing left is mastering the navigation system

John
Old 10-11-05, 07:44 PM
Rx900
Lexus Test Driver

well it takes awhile to learn these cars. heck, i know of someone that has an RX330, and until now still doesn't know how to use the automatic rear door! the switch is clearly on the door, and the remote but she couldn't figure it out
Old 10-11-05, 08:37 PM
Tengbt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JohnAMG
Since last week I couldn't figure this out until 5 hours ago. I was trying to do the up/down thing too until I figure out to push to lock. Now only thing left is mastering the navigation system

John

This story reminds me of the time i had the gx for nearly 6 months and couldn't figure out how to operate the radio via remote control. Since the radio can be operated by touch screen, steering wheel buttons, and voice commands, i decided to play around with the 'never used' remote. No matter how many times i pressed the buttons, aim at the nav, or circling around like searching for a cell signal, the radio didnt come on. Who knew i had to switch a button on the above center console first...
Old 10-11-05, 08:39 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Loflin,

I want to thank you for clearing that up. I guess in my own mind it makes more sense to lock it by pulling up and down. My mind was condition to that no matter what the instruction stated.

Once again, thanks for the help.
Old 10-12-05, 12:32 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by Tengbt
This story reminds me of the time i had the gx for nearly 6 months and couldn't figure out how to operate the radio via remote control. Since the radio can be operated by touch screen, steering wheel buttons, and voice commands, i decided to play around with the 'never used' remote. No matter how many times i pressed the buttons, aim at the nav, or circling around like searching for a cell signal, the radio didnt come on. Who knew i had to switch a button on the above center console first...
What button, where?? I don't see any such button on my 05 GX.
Old 10-13-05, 07:31 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Bob,

I think he means the main "****" to turn on the stereo... Doubles as the Volume **** on the dash... At least that's how I interpretted his post...