ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009-218/)
-   -   Should I Get the KDSS ?? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-1st-gen-2004-2009/180142-should-i-get-the-kdss.html)

petsb10 09-26-05 08:46 AM

Should I Get the KDSS ??

Hi All,
Getting my GX very soon, adding the Nav, should I add the KDSS? Is it worth it?

Thanks

purplehazek4 09-26-05 09:22 AM

i would not have bought a GX if it wasn't for the KDSS. when i compare mine (kdss) to my uncle's GX (non kdss) they are like two different vehicles. around turns even going slowly, the amount of lean his has compared to mine is very noticable.

JohnAMG 09-26-05 12:02 PM

I am buying mine w/o the KDSS. When I test drove the GX 1 month ago, I noticed the leaning during cornering but it was not any worst than my previous SUV, 2001 Mercedes ML320. To me that was more than adequate handling for a SUV. Obviously I am not planning to take the onramp/offramp at 70MPH as I do with my AMG Merecedes. Also this is my third/ winter family vehicle, so it is not as crucial as my primary vehicle. I will admit if this is my primary vehicle, I would get the KDSS, but the non-KDSS GX will serve its purpose for my family more that adequate.

John

minty99z 09-26-05 12:06 PM

if you plan on keeping the car past the warranty period I would not get KDSS because its very pricey to fix that suspension....dont even get me started on the price of parts!!!!

stl2chi 09-26-05 01:14 PM

In a word - YES!!!

It is worth it.... Handles like you would expect a LEXUS truck should....

- I waited / ordered mine WITH....... Big difference.

BobsGX 09-26-05 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by laziiiek4
i would not have bought a GX if it wasn't for the KDSS. when i compare mine (kdss) to my uncle's GX (non kdss) they are like two different vehicles. around turns even going slowly, the amount of lean his has compared to mine is very noticable.

I would have gotten the KDSS if they offered it with the Blizzard Pearl color but since they don't, it handles about the same as my non up country suspension 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Besides, I don't care for the dark colored wood inside.

lonewolf69 09-26-05 08:22 PM

Hi Bob!!!

Finally someone thinks along the same lines as me, I love the Blizzard Pearl and HATE the DARK wood too!!!

*sigh* of contentment....

flyfishman 09-27-05 07:21 AM

Yeah, they really need to package the KDSS better. Usually have to buy the fully loaded GX at damn near $56K to get KDSS and its usually with that goofy sport package. On another note, my question about KDSS is why is it not offered on the flagship LX? Wow, the LX really needs some mechanical upgrades in its next redesign.

stl2chi 09-27-05 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by lonewolf69
Hi Bob!!!

Finally someone thinks along the same lines as me, I love the Blizzard Pearl and HATE the DARK wood too!!!

*sigh* of contentment....

AGREE!!!! We hated the dark wood...... Thus we bit the bullet and order a GX with KDDS and the normal wood trim.. By doing this, I got what we wanted...But had to wait 3.5 months.

Yes, I would do it again... the KDDS is a must.

GtownGX 09-28-05 05:43 AM

Just picked up my GX 470 Saturday. I have the KDSS in the sport model. I like the look. Different strokes for different folks.

As far as the KDSS, one drive in a non-KDSS GX sold me on that feature. I cannot image not having it for a better driving experience.