GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Blue Tooth Pickup Delay Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-05, 04:20 AM
mdgx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue Tooth Pickup Delay Problem

I have a Cingular Razor Bluetooth phone. Works well except for one real problem:

When in motion I have been placing the call by opening my phone, hitting the speed dial on the phone for that person and then closing the phone. The phone then displays "connecting with XXX". But when the phone comes up on the screen and I can hear the person talking it is clear that they have picked up a second or two ago and they think that I'm not there. I get a "hello....hello.." uintil I can speak.

Another example is when I call an automated number like my offfice voice mail, by the time it comes on the screem I am hearing the message 2-3 or three seconds from it's start.

When I receive a call doesn't seem to be a problem, phone rings and I pickup and we're good to go.

Any ideas, is this a phone problem or setting or a GX issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-11-05, 07:47 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MDGX,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is a bluetooth issue, I have the same problem with my other bluetooth phones and headsets... This is not a GX issue...

All of my friends and family are used to me using bluetooth so they already know about the delay whether from my BT Headset(s) or the GX...
Old 07-11-05, 07:59 AM
mdgx
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth

Thanks a lot for the reply, I feel better - I think!
Old 07-11-05, 08:59 AM
darylhuff
Rookie

I have two bluetooth headsets (Jabra and Motorola) and neither have this delay problem when dialing from the phone. In fact, I hear the DTMF tone in my headset as I dail each digit and hear the phone ringing before the other party picks up.

This problem seems to be specific to the Lexus bluetooth unit. Given how draconian they are about removing funcionality once the car is in motion I wouldn't be surprised if they put this delay in on purpose to discourage folks from bypassing their "big brother" system shut-down once the car is in motion.
Old 07-11-05, 06:51 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default 0ne-touch

I use both the Treo 650 and the Razr and have the same issue when dialing from the phone. However if you dial from the 1-touch it connects immediately (dont know why). Same is true from the phone book although I rarely use the phone book since its "gone" when I am in motion.

We need an override for the phonebook and then the delay problem is history!
Old 07-12-05, 06:18 AM
lonewolf69
Pole Position

Hi Guys,

Glad to hear that some of you have been able to "bypass" some of the bluetooth issues, but my Sony Ericsson phones are not working that well... Maybe because I have first generation BT phones?

Sony Ericsson T68i & T637 w/ Jabra and Sony Ericsson headsets

Hopefully my new S710a will resolve the issue, I was DEFINATELY torn between the Razor and the S710a...
Old 07-12-05, 07:00 PM
mm25fx35
Rookie

Originally Posted by Knicksfan
I use both the Treo 650 and the Razr and have the same issue when dialing from the phone. However if you dial from the 1-touch it connects immediately (dont know why). Same is true from the phone book although I rarely use the phone book since its "gone" when I am in motion.

We need an override for the phonebook and then the delay problem is history!

Knicksfan,

I have the Treo650 as well and was wondering if you had a chance to tranfer your contacts to the GX phone book? I've tried to Snyc using the custom option and using the bluetooth to find the device but no luck. It is anoying that you cannot access the phone while in motion, but if I could transfer the phone bok, then I could at least setup the one touch.

any ideas or things you have come accross I'd be happy to know, thanks!
Old 07-12-05, 09:05 PM
luckylex
Rookie

Originally Posted by mm25fx35
Knicksfan,

I have the Treo650 as well and was wondering if you had a chance to tranfer your contacts to the GX phone book? I've tried to Snyc using the custom option and using the bluetooth to find the device but no luck. It is anoying that you cannot access the phone while in motion, but if I could transfer the phone bok, then I could at least setup the one touch.

any ideas or things you have come accross I'd be happy to know, thanks!
I have a treo 650 and don't have the delay problem. It usually picks up by the first or second win.

As far as transfering contacts, I recall (its been a few months) that on the treo I first created a new category where I included only those numbers I wanted to transfer, AND ONLY include the phone numbers in that contact (no addresses, email, more than one number, etc.). Then I transferred the whole category at one time Worked great, just took some extra time to do the set up of the separate contacts in the treo.
Old 07-13-05, 01:37 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default More Bluetooth issues

I could hardly get anything to work until I loaded the "car kit" from the PalmOne website. Although it clearly states that it is NOT compatible with Lexus, I loaded it anyway and it made a dramatic improvement. I was unable to transfer my phonebook until I did so. Interestingly, I have some of my "contacts" on my SIM card as well as within the device (sync'd from Outlook on my PC). Only those on the SIM card transferred, but that process took less than 30 seconds.

Now I have a new problem....when I am the phone (utilizing BT) and I get another call - I dont get the "option" of call waiting....it just kills the call I am on and connects the new call (Maybe thats what they meant by "incompatible"). Of course the person who was dumped calls me back, dumping the "new" caller, which goes on and renders the whole process absurd. Anyone else notice this?

Old 07-13-05, 02:13 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

that must be a compatibility thing on your phone. my nokia 6230 doesn't immediately connect call waiting, i have to switch over to answer.
Old 07-13-05, 02:16 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default I agree

Must be a TReo thing - doesn't do it on my Razr!
Old 07-17-05, 05:51 AM
CraigR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Knicksfan
I could hardly get anything to work until I loaded the "car kit" from the PalmOne website. Although it clearly states that it is NOT compatible with Lexus, I loaded it anyway and it made a dramatic improvement. I was unable to transfer my phonebook until I did so. Interestingly, I have some of my "contacts" on my SIM card as well as within the device (sync'd from Outlook on my PC). Only those on the SIM card transferred, but that process took less than 30 seconds.

Now I have a new problem....when I am the phone (utilizing BT) and I get another call - I dont get the "option" of call waiting....it just kills the call I am on and connects the new call (Maybe thats what they meant by "incompatible"). Of course the person who was dumped calls me back, dumping the "new" caller, which goes on and renders the whole process absurd. Anyone else notice this?

:sad:
Kicksfan

Can you tell me more about the "car kit" you downloaded from the PalmOne website? I just got a Treo 650, and would like to transfer my phonebook.

Thanks.
Old 07-18-05, 04:46 PM
Knicksfan
Pole Position

Default Here is the link

Here is the link....good luck!

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...0carkitupdate/
Old 01-09-06, 11:36 AM
robinzon
Driver

Have you guys been able to transfer ENTIRE Phone book from RAZR to the car. It only does one contact at a time unless I am not getting somewhere in the menus.

And yes the slow connect problem is there with the RAZR

Also, there is no CALLER ID I presume with everyone else? IE the car's display just says CONVERSATION it does not let you know WHO is calling.?!?

thanks
Old 01-09-06, 02:17 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Originally Posted by robinzon
Have you guys been able to transfer ENTIRE Phone book from RAZR to the car. It only does one contact at a time unless I am not getting somewhere in the menus.

And yes the slow connect problem is there with the RAZR

Also, there is no CALLER ID I presume with everyone else? IE the car's display just says CONVERSATION it does not let you know WHO is calling.?!?

thanks
One transfer at a time is all you can do with the Motorola V3 Razr phone. I looked at the specs for the phones that Lexus tested and IIRC there were only 1 or 2 phones that can transfer the whole phonebook in 1 step. Some can't even transfer 1 entry at a time.