GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-04, 06:06 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

You guys are making me blush
Old 12-09-04, 03:07 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lyxxsx1

quote]
lyxxsx1 wrote on 12-02-04 21:19:
Tony,

Thanks for the words of encouragement, yes, I would like to order the 4300K conversion kit for my 2003 GX470. Would you please direct me to the best saving method for being a royal Lexus club member? Please email the info to

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays,

Sam
[/quote]

Steve Lyxxsx1 asked me on a PM how to get your kit. I told him I dont work for your company so you might want to contact him.

Last edited by Tony; 12-10-04 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-09-04, 03:16 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Service Techs

I've had both sales and service people at my Lexus dealership inquire about my HID kit and they all think the install looked very factory. I get stopped at least once a week in my neighborhood from other GX owners wanting the kit, most of them thought I had some new 2006 GX model with HIDS or something.

My best friend is a Seargent for Las Vegas police department and he said they dont really care about stopping cars for aftermarket HIDS especially on Luxury Brand vehicles since most of the police force don't know which vehicles come standard with them on or not.
Old 12-09-04, 03:58 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks Tony
Old 12-09-04, 08:03 PM
steevr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Solomoan,

I have the same kit as you (4300K). I also see white looking straight on and blue at the sides, but as you are looking at the top cutoff, I see a band of yellow. I really notice the yellow band at the top of the clear covers when they are dirty from the rain. Steve at XenonDepot said this was normal. I have the yellow band on the bottom (maybe the projector lens on the GX reverses it) of my '02 RX with factory HID's. Every other RX300 with factory HID's has the yellow banding on the bottom also.

I hope the yellow band gets less noticable as the bulbs burn in and turn bluer.
Old 12-10-04, 10:25 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Yeah Kash

Hey Kash how did it go with the HID fogs?
Old 12-11-04, 03:25 PM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Just Completed my installed. (6000K from Xenondepot), thanks to Tony's step-by-step post

Tony, thanks for the inputs, your post was very helpful.

Orclex.
Old 12-11-04, 04:08 PM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by orclex
Just Completed my installed. (6000K from Xenondepot), thanks to Tony's step-by-step post

Tony, thanks for the inputs, your post was very helpful.

Orclex.
The beauty of HID...............
Attached Thumbnails GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide-orclex_img_0305.jpg  
Old 12-12-04, 08:07 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Looks Great!
Old 12-12-04, 05:48 PM
rjfiore1
Driver

Originally posted by steevr
Solomoan,

I have the same kit as you (4300K). I also see white looking straight on and blue at the sides, but as you are looking at the top cutoff, I see a band of yellow. I really notice the yellow band at the top of the clear covers when they are dirty from the rain. Steve at XenonDepot said this was normal. I have the yellow band on the bottom (maybe the projector lens on the GX reverses it) of my '02 RX with factory HID's. Every other RX300 with factory HID's has the yellow banding on the bottom also.

I hope the yellow band gets less noticable as the bulbs burn in and turn bluer.

There are small light bulbs just below the low beam projectors that are aurely contibuting (I THINK) to the yellow. They come on with the low beams for I guess effect or something. And I'm not confusing this w/ the daytime orange lights.
Old 12-12-04, 08:20 PM
steevr
Pole Position

The fog lights seem to contribute the most yellow that you actually see on the road from inside the car. It's funny to watch as you switch the fog's on and off.

The next time your headlights are on and your clear plastic lenses are dirty, you should see a band of yellow light on the top part of the HID beam as it hits the dirty lens. Another way to see it is to stand about 20 ft in front of the truck with the lights on. Start crouching down until you start to see the top of the beam. It will be yellowish. As you crouch down lower, the beam will turn pure HID white. It is at this point that you realize you better stop, because you are now temporarily blinded. Don't worry, the spots go away after a few minutes....LOL.

If you ever see an RX300 with factory HID's and dirty lenses, you'll really notice a yellow band of light, however at the bottom of the HID beam.
Old 12-12-04, 08:42 PM
steevr
Pole Position

I dug up a pic I had of the RX. The headlight covers are pretty clean in this pic, however if you look at the lower half of the reflector, you'll notice yellow light coming off there vs. whitish-blue on the top half of the reflector.
Attached Thumbnails GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide-dscn0407.jpg  
Old 12-13-04, 07:06 AM
orclex
Driver School Candidate

Tony,
Is there any need to lower the bulb after the install (currently being discussed in another thread). I follow your instructions, just replacing the factory bulbs without any height adjustment.

Steve- Please comment.

Thanks,

ORCLEX
Old 12-13-04, 09:58 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Default Congrats Orclex

Hey Orclex,
I just saw your post. I am glad you were able to install your Xenondepot kit with no problems. Doesn't that easy mod make your truck feel more like a true luxury branded vehicle not to mention additional saftey at night. I would never go back to halogen.

I did not have to aim my lights down because at the stop lights, the lowest cars in front of me only had my headlights come up to the top of their trunk lids. I have not had anyone flash me either so I know its ok. In general the factory settings for height should be ok. If people start flashing their brights at you at each corner stop you know the lights are to high.

Nice color GX LOL

Last edited by Tony; 12-13-04 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-15-04, 05:11 PM
GX4Life
Driver School Candidate

i just got my 04 gx and im planning to change the stock headlights. i use to have h4 piaa plasma blue hid bulbs in my 00 runner. now i hear all this talk of xenons? what is the difference?

Quick Reply: GX470 H11 Xenondepot kit installed DIY guide