GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!

Old 11-13-11, 06:32 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i'm trying to locate the exact kit but they don't have a search by car brand/model. likely i'm missing something here, but can someone pls help me locate the exact kit that works for my 07 gx? tia

ps caha, love your new body lx! congrats
Old 11-13-11, 06:57 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
i'm trying to locate the exact kit but they don't have a search by car brand/model. likely i'm missing something here, but can someone pls help me locate the exact kit that works for my 07 gx? tia

ps caha, love your new body lx! congrats
Thank you!

For 4300K temperature (assuming you want the closest thing to OEM), here is the list. You need the H11 for the GX.

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/4300k-Xtre...it-p/xt-4k.htm
Old 11-13-11, 07:49 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caha14
Thank you!

For 4300K temperature (assuming you want the closest thing to OEM), here is the list. You need the H11 for the GX.

http://www.KBcarstuff.com/4300k-Xtre...it-p/xt-4k.htm
yea def don't want anything but the oem color

so this one here would include all the philips ballast and bulbs? cheaper than i thought:

Old 11-14-11, 03:28 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
yea def don't want anything but the oem color

so this one here would include all the philips ballast and bulbs? cheaper than i thought:

Don't forget to use the CL discount code.

ClubLexus members receive a 15% discount on our LED products by typing in
coupon code "CLLED" upon checkout.

Last edited by redrocks; 11-14-11 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-14-11, 07:47 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by redrocks
Don't forget to use the CL discount code.

ClubLexus members receive a 15% discount on our LED products by typing in
coupon code "CLLED" upon checkout.
hey red i just tried it and it says it's not valid?
Old 11-14-11, 07:50 AM
redrocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROK
hey red i just tried it and it says it's not valid?
try "CL" or contact Steve (xenondepot) for latest code.
Old 11-14-11, 08:09 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

CL worked thanks!
Old 11-14-11, 08:34 AM
FlzRider
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the difference between the XenonDepot kit and something like this: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
Old 11-14-11, 08:38 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FlzRider
What's the difference between the XenonDepot kit and something like this: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Ap...Raptor-HID-Kit
holiday inn : four seasons
Old 11-14-11, 11:03 AM
FlzRider
Rookie

Originally Posted by ROK
holiday inn : four seasons
lol, not that I doubt you, I am just looking for specs or details to justify the additional money. What power (watts) is the XenonDepot kit? From what I can see, they are both aftermarket HID conversion kits, no more, no less.
Old 11-14-11, 11:29 AM
ROK
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FlzRider
lol, not that I doubt you, I am just looking for specs or details to justify the additional money. What power (watts) is the XenonDepot kit? From what I can see, they are both aftermarket HID conversion kits, no more, no less.
oem quality philips ballast and bulbs

kit includes all the relays and connectors that require 0 splicing, cutting, etc

abundant number of happy customers here on club lexus
Old 11-14-11, 11:45 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

FlzRider

I can provide you with all the specifications you want. The problem is that many vendors provide their customers specifications that do not "accurately" describe the product that they are actually selling. Here is just one good example of why you don't want to go with a low grade HID kit:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ering-out.html

Steve
Old 11-14-11, 02:13 PM
FlzRider
Rookie

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
FlzRider

I can provide you with all the specifications you want. The problem is that many vendors provide their customers specifications that do not "accurately" describe the product that they are actually selling. Here is just one good example of why you don't want to go with a low grade HID kit:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ering-out.html

Steve
Steve,

I remember seeing that video on youtube some years ago. I don't have the time to read through all the pages, but what was it about the low grade HID kit that he used that caused the problems? It's a pretty extreme example, especially since that could never happen on a GX because it uses traditional power steering.

If you can just point out the major benefits of your kit over the competition that would be great.
Old 11-14-11, 02:34 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Here are a few:

1) EMI Filters: You will not have radio interference. If you search this forum you will find that some members experienced radio interference after installing an HID kit. The vendor (not mentioning names) suggested wrapping the ballast in tin foil.

2) UV quartz glass bulbs: Our HID bulbs use proper Philips uv-quartz glass. HID bulbs do not burn significantly hotter than halogen bulbs as they only operate on 35W vs 55W halogen. However, HID bulbs do emit more UV which can prematurely age your headlight. Lower grade HID bulbs do not use proper glass which will prematurely damage your housing.

3) AC vs DC ballasts: Many vendors use DC ballasts to power AC bulbs which will cause premature failure.

4) Low draw ballasts: Our ballasts only draw up to 6A on a cold start whereas other ballasts can draw 16-18A on a cold start

5) Legitimate warranty: Warranty is handled directly through us. We have been selling HID kits since 2001 and have been a supporting vendor on this forum alone since 2007. It's very easy to advertise a "gimmicky" lifetime warranty however following through with the warranty you offer is a completely different question. The company you specifically mention has their kits drop shipped directly from China. Warranty shipping charges are not covered if you need to send a component back to China for inspection.

6) Authorized Vendor: I'm not saying that you should buy from us just because we are a supporting vendor. I do however believe in supporting a vendor that offers quality products, good prices, and support whenever possible. I do this on the forums that I frequent on a personal basis.

Steve
Old 11-14-11, 02:41 PM
stevenjai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice post some pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got my Xenondepot H11 kit!!