GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New Awesome Toy: Viper 5901 alarm + remote start

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-11, 08:17 AM
dentalstud
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Awesome Toy: Viper 5901 alarm + remote start

Works perfectly except trunk release b/c of the way our trunks are wired. Either way, the key card does NOT work on the 07's so I have to carry my key FOB regardless. We did find the wire at the trunk release motor, but the problem was running it under the covers and through the ribbon cord with a few wires inside that the trunk uses to retract and close electronically.

My installer is local in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex and I'd gladly have all of my future electronics installed only by him. He is MECP certified and knows diodes, relays and resistors as he would say "like the back of my hand." He's confident with what he does, worked at car toys install bay for 4 years and has every tool necessary including the DEI bitwriter and powerplay which is the most advanced probing instrument available to prevent damage to our delicate electronic computers.

Eric retained all of the factory functions w/ the key FOB and I can remote start, unlock, hop in and drive off without any inconveniences. If the drivers door is opened after remote starting, I have 45 seconds to hop in with my factory key FOB and engage the brake which deactivates the viper remote start. I did NOT have to sacrifice any keb FOBs for the install and without it, the car CANNOT be driven once remote started unlike our factory setup which annoyingly beeps, but can be driven off without the FOB inside the vehicle. While the vehicle is running and kids/dog/wife =) in the car, place it in pitstop mode, hop out, lock/enable the alarm and walk away knowing that if anything were to happen, my pager will notify me immediately. Seriously, don't be an idiot and leave your kids in the car with the motor running and doors unlocked (soccer moms).

Pictures of his install will be posted as well as a video of the viper remote start and alarm unit. I also had the proximity radar installed which warns when too close to the vehicle and if you stick your hand inside the door the alarm will automatically fully trigger. It looks neat, organized and most importantly factory under my driver's dash. He wrapped all the wires in black tape and put black covers over the wiring to hide them like factory. I was there for the entire install and he worked diligently for 9 straight hours installing and staying even later to teach my how to use the alarm unit. This was his first install on a newer model push-to-start Lexus, but he did mention installing on G37s with push-to-start prior to my install which gave me confidence.

Eric is a stellar guy and very knowledgeable with car audio electronics, as well as fiber-glassing if anybody needs custom boxes or panels. He charged me $300 for strictly the labor on the install and it was worth it since my next best resort was Best Buy and we all know the kids they hire to do installs regardless of MECP certification. Plus they get paid hourly, so there is no incentive to do any better, cleaner installs without random wires hanging. If you are in the DFW area and don't mind paying reasonable prices for quality installs, I'd gladly pass his information, just PM me.

A video will be posted shortly, hopefully by tonight. Thanks guys!

Last edited by dentalstud; 06-10-11 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-10-11, 11:25 AM
dentalstud
Rookie

Default pictures

quick snap of install before replacing the panels
Attached Thumbnails New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-2011-06-08-20.44.31.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-2011-06-08-20.44.40.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-2011-06-08-19.35.04.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-2011-06-08-19.35.17.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-2011-06-08-19.35.23.jpg  

Old 06-10-11, 11:50 AM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you try without the battery inside the Fob? Simulate dead battery.

OEM setup, you CAN drive with fob dead battery.

Can you extend that 45sec to say 2 mins? Takes about 2 mins to warm up the vehicle in winter.

Will it lock the car when you walk away with the fob?

The install looks very clean and sound like it work great.

Don't like your exhaust tips, it looks so huge and extend out too far. But anyway, this is about your alarm so I'll shut.
Old 06-10-11, 01:15 PM
dentalstud
Rookie

Originally Posted by worker
Have you try without the battery inside the Fob? Simulate dead battery.

OEM setup, you CAN drive with fob dead battery.

Can you extend that 45sec to say 2 mins? Takes about 2 mins to warm up the vehicle in winter.

Will it lock the car when you walk away with the fob?

The install looks very clean and sound like it work great.

Don't like your exhaust tips, it looks so huge and extend out too far. But anyway, this is about your alarm so I'll shut.

i don't like your face..haha, j/k..my exhaust tips are in fact NOT huge..it's just dirty where you should see chrome..its the f-sport exhaust and it sounds and looks sexy, but at a high price. i mentioned that ALL of the factory security equipment is fully functional, therefore, you don't even have to use the viper unit, so it will work like it always does without the battery, remote start and alarm is integrated if you WANT to use it. the point of remote starting is so you can start the car and warm it up prior to entering, so yes, the 45 seconds is from the time you open the drivers door to when you hit the brake.
Attached Thumbnails New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-image_001.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-image_002.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-image_003.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-image_006.jpg   New Awesome Toy:  Viper 5901 alarm + remote start-image_007.jpg  

Last edited by dentalstud; 06-10-11 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-10-11, 01:38 PM
dentalstud
Rookie

Default videos

last but not least, the videos..enjoy =)

P.S. the exhaust note is f-sport

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cxS2SIMBDsA

http://www.youtube.com/embed/SiVgqx-Pag0
Old 06-10-11, 04:13 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautifully done. Why do you keep having to press your unlock? Doesn't it unlock with your touch + fob?
Old 06-10-11, 05:11 PM
blacksedan
Lead Lap

where are you located in Texas?
Old 06-10-11, 11:13 PM
dentalstud
Rookie

Default pressing unlock button

Originally Posted by worker
Beautifully done. Why do you keep having to press your unlock? Doesn't it unlock with your touch + fob?
the factory key FOB and security is always dis-engaged once the vehicle has been push-started. therefore, once you have remote started your vehicle, the factory alarm is dis-engaged and you must use the viper alarm to unlock the vehicle, or it will trip the door trigger and set the alarm off. also, you do NOT want somebody else to be able to enter the car once it has been push-started, so the doors being locked is an additional safety feature.

i'm in the Dallas metroplex
Old 06-11-11, 04:01 AM
JBasco20
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice man.... my 430 needs this
Old 06-11-11, 12:23 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this has to be one the best things gor our cars, Ive loved the fact that we could lower our windows to air the car with the key fob but we couldnt raise them back with out getting in the car, but now we can im definitely getting this
Old 07-06-14, 12:48 PM
Mistahoo
Driver

Sorry to bring this thread back but I was wondering if you get this or any remote start system... Couldn't you just leave your oem key fob in the car to cut back on having to hold on to two key fobs or is this just a stupid idea?
Old 07-11-14, 10:45 PM
ISBU
Lexus Test Driver

On your trunk release, you can tap on the trunk release button to open your trunk with the viper remote. You can also open your trunk like you normally do even after you remote start your car. I installed a remote start on my car. It took me 2 hours to do it but I only installed the remote start and door locks.
Old 08-10-16, 04:55 AM
travisr912
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dentalstud
i don't like your face..haha, j/k..my exhaust tips are in fact NOT huge..it's just dirty where you should see chrome..its the f-sport exhaust and it sounds and looks sexy, but at a high price. i mentioned that ALL of the factory security equipment is fully functional, therefore, you don't even have to use the viper unit, so it will work like it always does without the battery, remote start and alarm is integrated if you WANT to use it. the point of remote starting is so you can start the car and warm it up prior to entering, so yes, the 45 seconds is from the time you open the drivers door to when you hit the brake.
I really like this exhaust. How did you get this to fit? I have a 460 and I would like to get it. Can you tell me where I can get it?
Old 10-04-18, 09:08 PM
Jgcali81
Driver School Candidate

Default viper 5906v

Originally Posted by dentalstud
quick snap of install before replacing the panels
Tips look great I just had a viper 5906v installed on my2006 GS300 but when I turn off my alarm while on remote start it shuts down again and it will restart the engine my installer said that's how it works because of my car push button start is there a way to fix this problem?