GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Need help or advice on what issue can be..ABS, VSC, VSC OFF lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-12, 11:30 PM
Emendoza
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Need help or advice on what issue can be..ABS, VSC, VSC OFF lights on.

Need help or advice on what issue can be..ABS, VSC, VSC OFF lights on , 00 Gs300 139K drives fine and normal but the lights are bothering me and would like to fix it Also has Code P0135 and p0155 for o2? Not sure if this helps but car had 22inch wheels and i removed them and put stock ones.. New brakes and rotors allaround. I was told it may be the speed sensor. Anyone know what it may be? Any advice will be great

Thanks
Old 09-07-12, 06:22 PM
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search the forums. this is covered alot. there is a post on how to check and repair your abs sensor.
Old 09-08-12, 03:36 AM
Lexusfam
Pole Position

a regular scan tool wouldn't pull the codes for those lights, at least the one that i have, the o2 sensor codes shows with the CEL, but a shop can check it and tell you which abs sensors are bad. Is you speedo working?
Old 09-08-12, 03:54 AM
schant916
Driver School Candidate

I found out that it's the throttle body that went bad on my Gs ..... Mine did the same thing then my gas paddle start acting funny but I found out it was the throttle body I don't know if it might work for yours
Old 09-08-12, 04:15 PM
Emendoza
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your replies. I am searching the forums still a neewbie to the site, but yes my speedometer is working fine and throttle body as well. Would it be the abs sensor itself? Ill keep searching for diy methods before spending money on the wrong ways.
Old 09-09-12, 01:12 AM
02msmg3
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

When I had these lights come on it was due to a bad alternator... I thought it was brakes/abs unit going bad but after searching on the forums I found someone who said it was due to a bad alternator. Sure enough I checked my alternator and it was bad, replaced the alternator and the lights never came back. Check.your alternator!!
Old 09-09-12, 09:59 PM
Emendoza
Driver School Candidate

Had my battery, alternator, and starter checked they seem to be fine. Still searching on this issue. Also the lights to my heated seat buttons dont light up and nor do they heat up.
Old 09-10-12, 10:38 PM
SynicalVip
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 02msmg3
When I had these lights come on it was due to a bad alternator... I thought it was brakes/abs unit going bad but after searching on the forums I found someone who said it was due to a bad alternator. Sure enough I checked my alternator and it was bad, replaced the alternator and the lights never came back. Check.your alternator!!
After u change the alternator did it go away?
Old 09-12-12, 05:36 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine comes on and off and my car is dropped. I think imma check it tomorrow lol .. When I turn on my car, my warning lights don't light up where the vsc and abs lights are. My warning lights for my seatbelts wouldn't even flash.. I wonder if it's due to my car being dropped since stance coils don't have a brake line bracket and it's currently zip tied to the tube
Old 09-13-12, 06:52 AM
donmar
Driver School Candidate

i had this happen to me a couple of years ago on mine, all my lights came on dash,i had new battery still the same i had alternator reconditioned still the same so had new tentioner fitted still the same, lights where off till i did a hard lock on steering wheel then they came on and stayed on till you switched off, at the end i found the problem? which you have to look very closely,with engine running and a/c and lights and radio on get someone to keep turning steering wheel fully lock both ways and you look under bonnet at the main belt that goes around crank pully, on hard lock the belts stops turning it was my crank pully had split apart
Old 09-13-12, 02:15 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by donmar
i had this happen to me a couple of years ago on mine, all my lights came on dash,i had new battery still the same i had alternator reconditioned still the same so had new tentioner fitted still the same, lights where off till i did a hard lock on steering wheel then they came on and stayed on till you switched off, at the end i found the problem? which you have to look very closely,with engine running and a/c and lights and radio on get someone to keep turning steering wheel fully lock both ways and you look under bonnet at the main belt that goes around crank pully, on hard lock the belts stops turning it was my crank pully had split apart

Imma give that a shot.. Or maybe just leave my battery unplugged for 24 hours
Old 09-13-12, 04:11 PM
timtim14
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeap. I bought my gs4 and the vsc light wasnt working... i took the dash out and saw that those 3 light bulbs were actually taken out of the dash hmmm. i had some spares put them in and boom all those lights are on. well wtf? i was tweaking at this point and sat and thought about it. all these lights deal with wheel speed of some sort so i thought maybe speed sensor? i went around and checked all 4. all looked replaced and greased up. but the front right sensor was actually unplugged. plugged it in and off went the lights the only thing i can think of is that they replaced the sensors and forgot to plug it back in thus getting pissed at the lights and just taking them out. or since its a california car and never really need vsc or abs they left it unplugged to bypass turning the vsc off every time they got in the car. to be honest i turn mine off every time im in the car hahah. but yea definetly check the connections or worst comes to worse you may have to replace the speed sensor. im not sure the cost of these but i cant imagine it costing that much.
Old 09-13-12, 05:04 PM
YxUxMADDDD
Lead Lap

Found it.. I will try this later tonight or tomorrow. Been lazy all day lol imm try to reset first since I dropped my car lol .. I'm on coilovers now and I use to be on bags and lighs came on for both suspension types. I wonder what would've happened if I left it all stock lol

Here's directions on how to reset the light (post #9)
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-light-on.html

Here's the PDF
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/att...-on-di-412.pdf
Old 09-14-12, 03:57 PM
Emendoza
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for replies everyone i will be checking all sensors today or tomorrow.