GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Issues with Ipod playback in GS

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-13, 07:02 AM
James5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Ipod playback in GS

I just got a new iPod and have been playing it through the USB interface and up until today, I have had no issues whatsoever. However, this morning on the way to work I was listening to a new album I just downloaded and the sound was all slowed down. The tempo was a few notches too slow and the voice and instruments sounded deeper/slower as a result. Every other album is fine, though.

I know it's not an issue with the files themselves because they play just fine on my computer and iPod speakers at the office. I'm wondering how to even go about getting this checked out. Seems like the dealer wouldn't know how to fix this or even how to figure out what's wrong.

Anyone had any issues like this?
Old 01-02-13, 07:10 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Thats so interesting, I was gonna say it could be the file, maybe try deleting the file from your iPod and then putting it back on the iPod and see if that works.
Old 01-02-13, 08:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I haven't had that issue, but there have been occasions when my iPod is playing through the USB port and all of a sudden the car no longer recognizes it and says Auto Off. When I go back to the iPod tab it isn't available to click on. I just unhook the USB cable, reboot the iPod, and it all works again.

This is the first of heard of the music actually slowing down. I know it works on your computer, but it really sounds more like and iPod rather than a connection issue.
Old 01-03-13, 06:33 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by James5
I just got a new iPod and have been playing it through the USB interface and up until today, I have had no issues whatsoever. However, this morning on the way to work I was listening to a new album I just downloaded and the sound was all slowed down. The tempo was a few notches too slow and the voice and instruments sounded deeper/slower as a result. Every other album is fine, though.

I know it's not an issue with the files themselves because they play just fine on my computer and iPod speakers at the office. I'm wondering how to even go about getting this checked out. Seems like the dealer wouldn't know how to fix this or even how to figure out what's wrong.

Anyone had any issues like this?
Be sure the music is in the MP3 format. Other formats, like AAC are not recognized.
Old 01-03-13, 08:14 AM
James5
Driver School Candidate

I am an audiophile and I know the files are MP3 (I hate AAC) and they are all 320kbps bitrate, which is pretty high quality. I have double checked the bitrate on the problem files, and they are the same as all the other ones that work just fine. It's not an iPod issue either. The songs work just fine on my headphones and on my iPod dock here at work. it's truly baffling and highly annoying!
Old 01-03-13, 03:06 PM
Malu59RT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer Bluetooth Audio with my iPhone 5, since I'm able to still have control of my phone, as opposed to plugging into USB. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
Old 01-03-13, 03:34 PM
James5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
I prefer Bluetooth Audio with my iPhone 5, since I'm able to still have control of my phone, as opposed to plugging into USB. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
I was doing that but then the Bluetooth wasn't behaving as I'd hoped. Sometimes it would start up automatically but others it wouldn't. Sometimes It would pick up where the song left off when I got out of the car, others it would start over from the beginning.

The ipod also holds 160GB where as my phone holds 80GB (yes, I can fill about three 160gb iPods with my music).