ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS F (2016-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-f-2016-present-283/)
-   -   RR Racing SuperCharger / Tuning - All GSF model years now (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-f-2016-present/913537-rr-racing-supercharger-tuning-all-gsf-model-years-now.html)

biggame 03-08-19 08:54 PM

RR Racing SuperCharger / Tuning - All GSF model years now

Just spoke with Rafi @ RR Racing. They are now able to tune all GSF model years! :driving:

For those that want the extra horsepower should definitely give them a shout! I can say with experience you won't regret the upgrade!

https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...rcfscr1001.htm

designo 03-09-19 01:07 AM

When you install yours, let us know please.

plex 03-09-19 03:13 AM

Sounds delicious.

biggame 03-09-19 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by designo (Post 10462185)
When you install yours, let us know please.

Did already?..

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-take-2-a.html

Lurker9 03-10-19 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by biggame (Post 10462467)

So tempted to sell the NSX to fund something similar to yours. :thumbup:
How is the GSF holding up?

designo 03-11-19 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by biggame (Post 10462467)

Oh la la... yes sir, now I know who it is!
Great news.

biggame 03-11-19 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lurker9 (Post 10462983)
So tempted to sell the NSX to fund something similar to yours. :thumbup:
How is the GSF holding up?

Been over a year now. No issues whatsoever..,..

lobuxracer 03-11-19 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by biggame (Post 10463902)
Been over a year now. No issues whatsoever..,..

Is it a DD or weekend ride? Ours gets lots of miles. 46k on the clock already.

biggame 03-11-19 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by lobuxracer (Post 10464262)
Is it a DD or weekend ride? Ours gets lots of miles. 46k on the clock already.

Not a daily driver, but not a weekend car either. Some weeks 2 days, some 4. But It does get use. Not to mention solid track days :driving:

lobuxracer 03-11-19 10:48 PM

What kind of track days? Drag racing or road course?

TrevorR 03-12-19 12:32 PM

Would love to supercharge my GSF but I wonder what the weak points are in this motor? Obviously reliability would be a concern. Then again, even built motors can have issues I suppose.

Lurker9 03-14-19 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by TrevorR (Post 10464876)
Would love to supercharge my GSF but I wonder what the weak points are in this motor? Obviously reliability would be a concern. Then again, even built motors can have issues I suppose.

There is a rumor of an LCF. Hopefully it will have a the same V8 with some FI. That would tell us how good this engine is.

TrevorR 03-14-19 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Lurker9 (Post 10466292)
There is a rumor of an LCF. Hopefully it will have a the same V8 with some FI. That would tell us how good this engine is.

Even if the rumors are true, that an LCF will have an FI motor, that motor will have internals that are designed with boost in mind.

Toyota makes great engines but let’s use the Tundra as an example, several years ago they offered a TRD supercharger kit for the tundras and the kit wouldn’t void the power train warranty as long as you purchased the kit and had it installed at a Toyota dealer. Well, quite a few truck owners found that their engines blew up and eventually Toyota no longer offered the kit, the kit availability lasted only a few years. I’m guessing that they had to replace quite a few engines under warranty which negated the profit from superchargers.

It could be that you had truck guys beating on their trucks because of them thinking the trucks engine is bulletproof, which it is. Or it could’ve been that the engine wasn’t designed to handle boost long term. Speculation on my part though.

With regards to the GSF, I think only the crank being forged could handle the boost, but not sure the piston rings could handle the boost neither could the rods since it is cast. In the drag racing world, cast rods and pistons are a no go for boost applications. Again, I’m just speculating here.

lobuxracer 03-14-19 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorR (Post 10466406)

Even if the rumors are true, that an LCF will have an FI motor, that motor will have internals that are designed with boost in mind.

Toyota makes great engines but let’s use the Tundra as an example, several years ago they offered a TRD supercharger kit for the tundras and the kit wouldn’t void the power train warranty as long as you purchased the kit and had it installed at a Toyota dealer. Well, quite a few truck owners found that their engines blew up and eventually Toyota no longer offered the kit, the kit availability lasted only a few years. I’m guessing that they had to replace quite a few engines under warranty which negated the profit from superchargers.

It could be that you had truck guys beating on their trucks because of them thinking the trucks engine is bulletproof, which it is. Or it could’ve been that the engine wasn’t designed to handle boost long term. Speculation on my part though.

With regards to the GSF, I think only the crank being forged could handle the boost, but not sure the piston rings could handle the boost neither could the rods since it is cast. In the drag racing world, cast rods and pistons are a no go for boost applications. Again, I’m just speculating here.

Toyota forge all their cranks and rods. Pistons are cast though. Didn't seem to be a problem with the 2JZ-GTE engines up to about 2.5x rated hp. That's the real question - did Lexus skimp on something, like they did on the 2JZ-GE rods in the IS300s? Those engines suffered under boost with the OEM rods. But all you needed to do was replace them with 2JZ-GTE rods and life was grand. Few are daily driving the 2UR in the IS, RC, or GS F models with superchargers to be able to say what the reliability is, or how it has changed with boost. The only thing that is certain is, it is not logical to expect the same service life from an NA engine that has been boosted compared to the same engine that has not.

designo 03-15-19 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by TrevorR (Post 10466406)

Yup, we experimented with that on my GS460. It was awesome..... for about an hour.
Then all hell broke loose!