GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Just bought a brand new 2018 GS-F in Saudi

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-19, 03:40 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Received 183 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Just bought a brand new 2018 GS-F in Saudi

Hey guys, I'm a long member of clublexus.com from far (the middle east), but been away from the forums for sometime. I live in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and I just leased a new 2018 Caviar with Circuit Red Interion GS-F, but I'm still waiting on the dealer to complete the car's tags and plates because here in Saudi cars are not allowed on the streets without them. I used to have a GS 460, which I really loved (old specs of the 460 in the signature), but thought it lacks some of the power it deserved, and once the GSF was out, I planned on getting one one day.

I thought it would be interesting to let you know how much I paid for it and what are the specs from my part of the world.

First, let us start with the price. A new GSF in Saudi costs around US$ 98,500 without tax (VAT is about 5%), but because it was a 2018, and it was the last one, I got it for around US$ 91,867 without tax. After everything is said and done, I will end up paying by the end of 5 years lease around US$ 122,000.

As for the specifications, there are some differences between the standard specification you guys get and what we get here in Saudi. Let me start with what we do not have:
  1. No heated steering (for obvious reasons :-) ).
  2. No Auto Headlights (the button under the ASC and Traction Off buttons).
  3. No Dynamic Cruise Control; only the normal one, therefore, there is no radar in the front of the car to monitor the distance between the car in front of it and also there no Lane warning button, which I really wanted on my car because I used to have it the distance monitoring radar on my 460 and I used to love it, specially on long trips, but alas the GSF is a sports car and I can always use my feet for braking :-).
  4. No heated seats (again for obvious reasons).
  5. No Snow button (ditto).
  6. No color brake calipers (they are black)
On the other side, the options that are in the car, that I did not see in North America are:
  1. Full spare tire in the trunk, though its useful when you get a flat, but the draw back it takes most of the space in the trunk and I don't like that. I would preferred the one without, but again, that is just me.
  2. Auto rear window shades
  3. Side rear windows manual shades
  4. Rear entertainment console in the middle arm rest
What I plan on doing to the car is minimal, as I think the way the car is does not need much. I will clear tint the windows and protect the whole body with ceramic cover. I will also get a K&N air filter. I might after driving the car for a while, and if I find the sound needs to be more throaty, I will get only a Tanabe Medalion axleback, because I like its sound, not too loud and just right for my taste. I will not lower the car, becauseI love its height and stance as is, and also my 460 was lowered on Swift springs, though they were great and feel perfect, but the car was suffering from a lot of bottom rubs on speed bumps and ramps. Lastly, maybe, also after a while, I'll get Sikky's Headers for additional power increase.

I hope the above was insightful in providing a view about the GS-F market in other countries.

Have a great day guys.
The following users liked this post:
egolfer (02-16-19)
Old 02-17-19, 10:20 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Congrats and welcome!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
1wacko (02-17-19)
Old 02-17-19, 02:01 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Congrats on the GSF!

Interested to know the rationale behind no dynamic cruise control or auto headlights in Saudi. Is it possibly due to the typical weather conditions in the middle east that excludes the car from getting those features? The other stuff I can see, heated seats, wheel, etc. since you'll use AC 99% of the time year round but the other stuff I don't get.
Old 02-18-19, 08:12 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus from one Ex 460 owner to another!
Mabrook on the car bro.

All the options you mentioned in your car are correct for our cars with the exception of Auto lights, Dynamic cruise control and orange calipers.
Very strange why your car does not have them.
Old 02-18-19, 09:30 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Hi design, long time no chat, and thanks bro.

I checked with the dealer and they said that they have done that to keep the price down, because the cost will be over US$ 106,000 if they include these feature, though I believe they are safety features, and I'm surprised, as you are, on their decision to keep it out. I did find out today that the car has an auto close trunk, which I thought earlier that the GS-F does not come with that.

As for the auto lights, it is there, but the button that have the Auto and picture of a headlight on it under the ASC and Traction Off buttons is not there, which I do not know what is it for.

For the calipers, it is only the color, but they are the Brembo brakes and calipers.

Anyways if I find out more, I'll let you guys know.
designo (02-19-19)
Old 02-18-19, 09:34 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Thank TrevorR.

It is strange, because I had the dynamic cruise control on my 2009 GS460, and it is a safety features, similarly with the lane change warning. As for the heater options you are absolutely correct. We use ACs 99% of the time and during winter we do with just turning the AC off.
Old 02-19-19, 02:01 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Either way, gorgeous example.
Enjoy her in good health.
Old 02-19-19, 08:00 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Totally agree and thanks buddy.

I will definitely enjoy the heck out of it ;-).
Old 02-19-19, 05:16 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 1wacko
I thought it would be interesting to let you know how much I paid for it and what are the specs from my part of the world.

First, let us start with the price. A new GSF in Saudi costs around US$ 98,500 without tax (VAT is about 5%), but because it was a 2018, and it was the last one, I got it for around US$ 91,867 without tax. After everything is said and done, I will end up paying by the end of 5 years lease around US$ 122,000.
Congrats on new toy! You will definitely enjoy. Just curious... What's the speed limit in Saudi?

Also, you mentioned that you leased a car for 5 years but stating $122K cost after lease ends. Seems to me you purchased & financed your GSF.
Old 02-20-19, 01:26 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shurik74
Congrats on new toy! You will definitely enjoy. Just curious... What's the speed limit in Saudi?

Also, you mentioned that you leased a car for 5 years but stating $122K cost after lease ends. Seems to me you purchased & financed your GSF.
Hi shurik74. Thanks.

The speed limits have changed recently from 120 K/H to 140 K/H (85 M/H), but having said that it doesn't mean that we don't have stretches of highway where its empty, wide and smooth ;-).

You are correct, I did lease to own the car. The car will stay in the bank's name until I pay it fully, which I can either do it before the 5 years or just follow the payment plan. On the plus side, I do not have to worry about the insurance, registration and what not. I also receive free services up to 20,000 and I can also travel to other countries within the region as part of the lease. Therefore, it was not that bad at the end.
designo (02-21-19)
Old 02-20-19, 04:55 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats on your new toy. Is it your daily driver?
Old 02-20-19, 05:08 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Congrats on the car, cant wait to see what you do with it.
Old 02-20-19, 08:33 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Congrats on the car, cant wait to see what you do with it.
Thanks bigblack06.
Old 02-20-19, 08:34 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lurker9
Congrats on your new toy. Is it your daily driver?
Thanks Lurker9. Yep, it is my daily driver.
Old 02-28-19, 07:19 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Default The new car pics

picked the car up last night from the Lexus dealer and drove it straight to LLumar to fully wrap the body (Platinum PPF). Should get the car Sunday night; can't wait.

The pics are below of the new car.

FSportOnly (08-03-20)

Quick Reply: Just bought a brand new 2018 GS-F in Saudi