GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Elvin's custom CF steering wheel swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-19, 05:55 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Exclamation Elvin's custom CF steering wheel swap

Pics are worth a millions words. The build quality is impeccable. He's an outstanding communicator and the shipping is unbelievably fast, I mean it took 4 business days to get here from Singapore.

I will only say to get everything CF from Elvin, and nobody else. If and when I do more CF work, I'll go to him, no questions asked.

Old 01-31-19, 05:36 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yes he I'm working with him now, he is great and communicating with people and getting what they want. Glad someone has his product cause I didn't know if the quality would be good.
Old 01-31-19, 06:45 AM
Lexus125th
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Price and is this real carbon fiber or just looks like it

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-31-19 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Let's not request contact info for a non-CL vendor.
Old 01-31-19, 10:02 AM
Ash11
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, it was your wheel that he was working on that had the standard grip handle. Thought it looked interesting compared to the usual he's done and actually like this more. If i'm getting this done i'd do it exactly like yours. Really clean and OEM looking CF wheel set up. Great choice there.
The following users liked this post:
texaslexii (02-04-19)
Old 01-31-19, 10:36 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ash11
Oh, it was your wheel that he was working on that had the standard grip handle. Thought it looked interesting compared to the usual he's done and actually like this more. If i'm getting this done i'd do it exactly like yours. Really clean and OEM looking CF wheel set up. Great choice there.
Yes sir, that would be mine. I did some mild customization. Like you said, had him enlarge the overall diameter to match the thicker/lower part (from OEM) all around and kept the standard grip handle. I wanted to try getting heated leather put in, but the OE would be destroyed once he starts cutting it and molding it underneath the CF (cutting and manipulating the leather would have cut the heating elements on the underside).

Also, he ships the wheel with the F emblem already installed, so you dont have to pry yours out (and ruining it) to put on the new wheel. The only thing I wasnt able to do is swap out a small metal subassembly that is screwed on the OE wheel that helps route steering wheel control wires. I just wrapped them in foam tape to keep them safe. That small metal part was probably welded in or they used blue loctite, because the screws were destroyed, even after trying to use the screw extractor kit I borrowed.

Last edited by texaslexii; 02-04-19 at 06:09 PM.
Ash11 (01-31-19)
Old 01-31-19, 10:37 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus125th
What is his contact info? Price and is this real carbon fiber or just looks like it
Very, VERY REAL CF, OEM quality if not better. Solid, shiny, grippy and has the finger indentations on the back. Could not be happier with the end product.

I also bought the CF mirror covers and you can definitely tell its real CF, the raw/unfinished side of the covers give it away.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-31-19 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Elvin knows what to do to be a vendor
Old 01-31-19, 08:36 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Guys - it's great you are all happy with a non-CL vendor's work, but discussing sending PMs to transact business is a violation of our rules and could get his PMs turned off entirely. Please discuss anything like this somewhere other than in the main forums.

Indeed, that is one beautiful job!
Old 02-01-19, 08:58 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Guys - it's great you are all happy with a non-CL vendor's work, but discussing sending PMs to transact business is a violation of our rules and could get his PMs turned off entirely. Please discuss anything like this somewhere other than in the main forums.

Indeed, that is one beautiful job!
In all fairness, this has been going on for a while and on several other places (See the link I posted where this exact same discussion happened). BUT, I do apologize for inadvertently breaking forum rules. I'll be more mindful next time.
Old 02-22-19, 04:41 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 752 Likes on 468 Posts

Agreed. Looks way nicer than the other side grips that I have seen on his custom steering wheels. This looks so nice! OEM but better!

-Nigel
Old 02-24-19, 12:17 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

My review

Old 02-25-19, 05:35 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Just so you know your review is on the DCTMS steering wheel which is different from the one they are talking about, might want to clarify that to them.
Old 02-25-19, 05:52 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by designo
dctms sucks.
Old 02-25-19, 08:53 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^They are a forum sponsor Elvin is not And actually I like the DCTMS wheel better than yours. I also have a DCTMS wheel in my ISF

So, NOT everyone shares your opinion:

Lou

Last edited by flowrider; 02-25-19 at 08:56 AM.
designo (02-28-19)
Old 02-25-19, 09:15 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^They are a forum sponsor Elvin is not And actually I like the DCTMS wheel better than yours. I also have a DCTMS wheel in my ISF

So, NOT everyone shares your opinion:

Lou
and that's fine. Them being a sponsor has nothing to do with their customer service being horrible, zero communication and in my case, had to file a charge back in order to get my money back, after 3 months of purchase.

/End thread derail

Old 02-27-19, 07:15 PM
naquin123
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe DCTMS HAS PRETTY GREEN CARBON FIBER AS WELL

Quick Reply: Elvin's custom CF steering wheel swap