GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Any tunes worth it for this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-18, 06:23 AM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Any tunes worth it for this car?

Id love a tune that can change, at the very least the shifting. Ive read enough about those throttle controllers to know that I'm probably not interested one. I would just love to change how slow my car downshifts. I was trying to make a light and floored it and it felt like forever before it downshifted.....Like 10 minutes

Last edited by shenry500; 09-19-18 at 07:18 AM.
Old 09-19-18, 08:33 AM
bigz187
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 09-19-18, 02:47 PM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Ah I see. Thanks for the link
Old 09-19-18, 10:47 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

That dyno graph is focusing on peak power and torque only and honestly... it's a 6whp shame.

Otherwise, that graph is identical. You're better off saving your hard earned money
Old 09-20-18, 06:05 AM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by designo
That dyno graph is focusing on peak power and torque only and honestly... it's a 6whp shame.

Otherwise, that graph is identical. You're better off saving your hard earned money
Yea I will save my money . Another deal breaker is the fact that I have to mail my ecu to them and wait for them to tune it and mail back.
Old 09-20-18, 06:30 AM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

from my correspondence with them, their tune is geared more towards maintaining the "updated" calibration when you do mods, i.e. headers and intake. Apparently the ECUs in these cars will adapt and scale back timing/fuel advance/etc when you add power adders, so you'll get 6HP from the chip alone, but it will prevent the car from retarding timing et al when you start moding. I hope to be able to save enough for Novel headers, a CF intake and then install this chip. That should be good for about 25-30 whp based on what some videos have shown.
Plus that orgasmic novel sound...
Old 09-20-18, 09:13 AM
designo
Pole Position

That's funny
Basically , they're saying that all the 1000s of dollars of mods on your cars will reduce performance... and we will.... for a modest 500 bucks ... stop that from happening and give u 6hp bonus

lol

That dyno graph contradicts everything they suggest
Old 09-20-18, 02:49 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

That's funny
Basically , they're saying that all the 1000s of dollars of mods on your cars will reduce performance... and we will.... for a modest 500 bucks ... stop that from happening and give u 6hp bonus

lol

That dyno graph contradicts everything they suggest
I think what they mean is that when you put full exhaust and intake, the car will retard/detune itself. This chip allows you to retain the 20 or whatever gains you get from those mods, plus an additional 6 from them.
Old 09-22-18, 12:02 AM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by texaslexii
I think what they mean is that when you put full exhaust and intake, the car will retard/detune itself. This chip allows you to retain the 20 or whatever gains you get from those mods, plus an additional 6 from them.
That's not what their dyno graph is showing.

And the hidden truth is.... they have not yet cracked the GSF ECU.
RCF yes, but not the GSF yet.
Old 09-24-18, 07:24 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

The GSF tune improves mid range torque... That is what i have been told...

DONT except any HP gain with the tune...
Old 09-25-18, 12:49 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

That's not what their dyno graph is showing.

And the hidden truth is.... they have not yet cracked the GSF ECU.
RCF yes, but not the GSF yet.
I agree with you on their sheets, doesnt make a whole lot of sense. However, supposedly they dont mess around with a lot of parameters for fear of running into bad fuel and causing detonation/preignition et al. I just wonder if the whole "we keep the ECU from reverting to stock if you mod" thing is true or just marketing.

Truth be told I am finding it less and less convincing and difficult to justify its purchase.
Old 09-26-18, 11:01 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Let me chime in here to clear up some mis-information.

(1) We can tune 2016 GSF ECU.... no one can tune the 17+ ECU yet.
(2) The tune provides a noticeable improvement in mid range torque, we have many satisfied RCF customers who can attest to this. If you are guided only buy peak power gains, then you are out of luck.
(3) The tune ensures you don't get a check engine light if you install catless race headers (not applicable to street vehicles, race vehicles only).
(4) The tune removes the speed limiter.
(5) When customers send us the ECU for programming, we return ship the ECU ***SAME DAY*** so the wait is minimal.

FYI, the Takeda RCF/GSF intake makes ZERO power and is a complete waste of money... we have tested it extensively and I can make this statement with absolute confidence. We don't sell an intake for this very reason, they don't make any power. HOWEVER, in the next month or so, we will be introducing a very nice intake related product that actually does make your car faster... coming soon
Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 10-23-18 at 05:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
designo (09-27-18), TARS (09-26-18)
Old 09-26-18, 11:43 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RRRacing
FYI, the Takeda RCF/GSF intake makes ZERO power and is a complete waste of money... we have tested it extensively and I can make this statement with absolute confidence. We don't sell an intake for this very reason, they don't make any power. HOWEVER, in the next month or so, we will be introducing a very nice intake related product that actually does make your car faster... coming soon
Rafi
That is what everyone is waiting for!
Old 09-26-18, 12:51 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Let me chime in here to clear up some mis-information.

(1) We can tune 2016 GSF ECU.... no one can tune the 17+ ECU yet.
(2) The tune provides a noticeable improvement in mid range torque, we have many satisfied RCF customers who can attest to this. If you are guided only buy peak power gains, then you are out of luck.
(3) The tune ensures you don't get a check engine light if you install catless race headers.
(4) The tune removes the speed limiter.
(5) When customers send us the ECU for programming, we return ship the ECU ***SAME DAY*** so the wait is minimal.

Rafi
Are you expecting to release a handheld?
Old 09-26-18, 01:23 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Are you expecting to release a handheld?
We are trying but don’t hold your breath, as the maker of the handhelds isn’t too motivated given the number of RCF/GSF out there

Rafi

Quick Reply: Any tunes worth it for this car?