flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by embassured
Dealer replaced original pads with low noise/friction pads - check
Dusts infinitely less - check
Happy - check

Good luck!
You forgot to mention - Lower Performance pads - check.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
16GSF00336 (09-16-18)
Old 09-16-18, 11:35 AM
embassured
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Re: lower performance - a very good call out and assume you're correct. I can't verify only because I don't even remotely approach the limits of the car. Unless you know something different, I would like to believe the low-dust pads are at least capable for daily driving and will out-brake the car in front of me (unless of course it's an AMG, S, R, M, etc.)!

Eric
Old 09-16-18, 04:52 PM
shenry500
Pit Crew

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Dealer replaced original pads with low noise/friction pads - check
Dusts infinitely less - check
Happy - check

Good luck!
Is this tsb for pad replacements covered under warranty or did you have to pay?
Old 09-16-18, 05:11 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Re: lower performance - a very good call out and assume you're correct. I can't verify only because I don't even remotely approach the limits of the car. Unless you know something different, I would like to believe the low-dust pads are at least capable for daily driving and will out-brake the car in front of me (unless of course it's an AMG, S, R, M, etc.)!

Eric
Pad selection does not change stopping distance. Tire selection does. Changing pad materials may feel like you are stopping more quickly, but if you test and measure, you'll find only the tires will change stopping distance. The thing I don't like about low dust pads is they require more force to do the same job. I have got used to full race pads on my IS and Supra all the time, and now anything else feels very high effort because the race pads are such low effort. I don't care about dust. It's just part of the equation for high performance.
Old 09-16-18, 07:58 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^You fail to mention fade. High performance pads will also have a greater resistance to fad. The superior feel of a HiPo pad is a great confidence builder as is the knowledge that I will be able to stop quickly again and again. For everyday street driving a lower performing pad will work out fine. But, we drive performance cars, and IMHO they deserve HiPo parts. And I know lobuxracer runs HiPo pads on his ISF, Standard, not the replacement standard, but standard OEM pads on his wife's GSF.

AND Lance, I never mentioned Stopping Distance in my post! I mentioned Lower Performance, and stand by that statement!

Lou
Old 09-16-18, 09:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,843 Likes on 2,331 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^You fail to mention fade. High performance pads will also have a greater resistance to fad. The superior feel of a HiPo pad is a great confidence builder as is the knowledge that I will be able to stop quickly again and again. For everyday street driving a lower performing pad will work out fine. But, we drive performance cars, and IMHO they deserve HiPo parts. And I know lobuxracer runs HiPo pads on his ISF, Standard, not the replacement standard, but standard OEM pads on his wife's GSF.

AND Lance, I never mentioned Stopping Distance in my post! I mentioned Lower Performance, and stand by that statement!

Lou
True, I did not mention fade, but if you're getting brake fade on the street you're doing something pretty scary especially in a GS F. Yes, I run race pads on my Supra and my IS F. The GS F is the "family" car and the wife's daily, so it has A/S3+ tires and OEM pads. She could probably be fine with the low dust pads, but I know I wouldn't like them. I already don't like the OEM pads much because I recalibrated my foot for the pads in the other cars, and the OEM pads on the GS F need more pressure than I am used to using, so it keeps the OEM pads. I really doubt I will do any "performance" mods to the GS F just because it needs to be 100% reliable, and OEM is tested for reliability in ways no aftermarket company can match.