GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Cks Coilovers on my GSF are ****en Amazing

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-18, 10:09 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

The following 4 users liked this post by gsfdream:
designo (06-12-18), Jeffrs82 (10-10-21), lobuxracer (06-11-18), TARS (06-12-18)
Old 06-11-18, 07:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Nice video! Your marks won't change though. It's the position of the center sleeve that changes, not the outer ring.

Your bushings will love you long time!
The following 4 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
designo (06-12-18), MrJamison (06-14-18), Supraman18 (09-19-19), TARS (06-12-18)
Old 06-12-18, 12:39 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by gsfdream
Yea im 29 turning 30 July 5th.
Yea i torqued everything off camera the video was so long already didnt wanna make it even longer most people know to torque things to spec so i totally forgot to mention it in the video. if the bushings go bad down the road then ill go with an aftermarket set up.
I admire how well you accepted the constructive criticism with grace and humility. You are wise and mature well beyond your years. I realize it takes much effort to document (video) and perform the work at the same time. Great work on the videos.

Lobuxracer
is just trying to keep us honest with his extended wealth of knowledge and experience and we all benefit from it. That's what makes this forum so GREAT!!

Thank you all,
anbark22
The following 5 users liked this post by anbark22:
designo (06-12-18), Dre01SS (09-19-19), MrJamison (06-14-18), Supraman18 (09-19-19), TXDrew (03-05-22)
Old 06-12-18, 11:59 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I love this forum!
Old 06-13-18, 07:37 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by anbark22
I admire how well you accepted the constructive criticism with grace and humility. You are wise and mature well beyond your years. I realize it takes much effort to document (video) and perform the work at the same time. Great work on the videos.

Lobuxracer
is just trying to keep us honest with his extended wealth of knowledge and experience and we all benefit from it. That's what makes this forum so GREAT!!

Thank you all,
anbark22
thank you i try to make the best of everything in life.
and yes its so hard to do the work and film at the same time.
The following 2 users liked this post by gsfdream:
designo (06-14-18), lobuxracer (06-13-18)
Old 06-13-18, 01:28 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

It's hard enough just to take pictures. Shooting video is not possible by yourself. If it were, I'd have a few up here to help folks out.
The following users liked this post:
designo (06-14-18)
Old 09-03-18, 02:22 PM
texaslexii
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

As before on the stock suspension it seemed and felt like it had no compression at all. Before the ride was so firm and stiff and honestly it felt crashy.
Resurrecting. I agree with OP 100%. Drove two 16s back to back and the suspension was horrible and felt exactly like described: firm, stiff and crashy. Looks like this will be my first mod as soon as I pick up the car tomorrow.

As an aside, the 17/18/19s I drove felt so much better with the AVS but couldnt pass up the great price I got for my new-to-me 16 with 4500 miles on it.

Thanks for the post OP
The following 3 users liked this post by texaslexii:
designo (09-03-18), F1nALMSfan (09-03-18), ModInJapan (09-04-18)
Old 09-03-18, 11:41 PM
designo
Pole Position

What I love about the 2016 model, is that the suspension is so stiff, that if you lower your car.. you won't rub on dips.
Old 08-29-19, 11:27 AM
GetKinetic
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 70 Posts

Can we assume all of the above will apply if installed on an RCF?
Old 09-19-19, 11:10 AM
Supraman18
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2014 Gs350 F-Sport Install

Much thanks to you and Lobux for the informative posts. Would any of you happen to know if there are coil on strut systems that are avaialable for the 2014 Gs350 F sport models? I would much rather this setup for the ease of adjustments. I seem to find BC, and RS-R with the same divorced spring setup.
Old 06-05-20, 12:00 PM
Itsalive45
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very informative installation video. Make me want to get CKS coilover suspension. decisions... decisions...
Old 06-07-20, 11:39 AM
WaterFish
Pit Crew

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by TARS
Hey gsfdream, I got to say man, good job taking criticism! I'm glad you properly torqued those bolts off camera and that you are willing to dig deeper on how to complete the project properly or better. Lubuxracer is a highly competent formally trained individual that have gone through these rodeos before, its great to have around straight shooters like that, I think... From my humble corner I'll opine that his last paragraph ultimately is the way to go. To change those OEM rubber bushings for better solutions that are not bonded to a preset position or nominal setting, would be better in all respects.

I would have never guessed that you were 29 from your videos... thought you were much older than that... ahhahaha. All kidding aside, good job having your dream car at a relatively young age.

Have a good one
koodo to this. Must have been heart breaking to hear the comments. But the commens were also very true and helpful.

Your GSF looks amazing and fixed the front gap issue. Looks VIP yet sporty.

Both amazing members of Club Lexus!

Love your channel and subscribed.

btw thanks for the video when you jacked the car and broke the door of your GSF. I had to jack my car as the tires were leaking air, and I might have also damaged the car if it wasn't that video.

Now my rims are all fixed now thanks!

Old 06-09-20, 01:59 AM
designo
Pole Position

I have learned a lot from Rafa
Old 12-09-20, 07:37 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

I just noticed this thread, and one thing I think should be noted is that with Coilevers that utilize preloaded springs, getting the correct shock travel is very tricky. This is especially critical up front due to limited suspension travel.

The way it’s set up in the video the shock will not bottom out, ever, on its bump stop. The limit of suspension travel will be reached when the upper control arm smashes into the top of the shock tower, and prior to that, the tire is very likely to hit and damage the fender liner. This will happen during extreme corner loading or a big bump.

We use helper springs up front which allows us to set the shock to the correct length when assembling the order, so that all height adjustment is accomplished with just the lower spring perch. This does not affect shock travel and it allows easy adjustment of height via the lower spring perch with the shock installed (no need to remove the lower bolt).

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
1wacko (12-09-20), Dre01SS (12-10-20)
Old 12-11-20, 12:00 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by texaslexii
Resurrecting. I agree with OP 100%. Drove two 16s back to back and the suspension was horrible and felt exactly like described: firm, stiff and crashy. Looks like this will be my first mod as soon as I pick up the car tomorrow.

As an aside, the 17/18/19s I drove felt so much better with the AVS but couldnt pass up the great price I got for my new-to-me 16 with 4500 miles on it.

Thanks for the post OP
Same boat. The stiffness and firmness are my own (minor) complaints of my ‘16, but like you, it was a hard deal to pass up. I don’t overly mind it, though, but I will consider upgrading the coilovers in the future.

@OP - Appreciate the write up and videos! I’ve watched quite a few of your videos in the past, and helped with my decision to purchase a GS-F. Glad to see you’re on here.

@luboxrwcer - Also appreciate the knowledge you’ve shared. I’m a bit green when it comes to DIY car work, but your responses were very interesting and informative.

Quick Reply: Cks Coilovers on my GSF are ****en Amazing