designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

Awesome.. thanks!
Old 05-21-18, 04:29 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So if I recall correctly this recall was announced in mid February and it's now late May, my dealer has now twice told me they still don't have the parts. Is it normal to take this long for all dealers to get the parts to "fix" the issue?. Just thought it was odd for Soo much time to go by and not be able to fix the problem they warned us about.
Old 05-21-18, 04:41 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by nehal51086
So if I recall correctly this recall was announced in mid February and it's now late May, my dealer has now twice told me they still don't have the parts. Is it normal to take this long for all dealers to get the parts to "fix" the issue?. Just thought it was odd for Soo much time to go by and not be able to fix the problem they warned us about.
My dealer told me they had to order the parts since the recall, according to the dealer, was coded for that ordering of parts from Lexus was required and that dealerships would not have parts readily in stock.
Old 05-21-18, 05:19 PM
embassured
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've had the recall completed. Dealer stated they couldn't order the part unless the car was present for service. It's possible there are limited replacements pumps available and Lexus doesn't want them in local dealer inventories - that's my guess. It essentially took two mornings for the pump to arrive.
Old 05-21-18, 08:25 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I called, made an appointment the next day and got it done. They told me parts were in stock.
Old 05-21-18, 08:42 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Tomorrow will be my second service since the recall was issued. Although the first one was just 2-3 days later, I had asked them then, then, said they will call me when parts are in. I called maybe two months later, same response, "no parts yet, will add you to our list to call". And was told the same thing today when I made my service appointment for tomorrow.
oh and also Sent an email to the service team in March asking about it, to which I got no response.
​​​​​​ Guess we'll see what they say tomorrow.
Old 05-21-18, 10:40 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

That's just ridiculous. Especially for an issue that may be a fire risk
Old 05-22-18, 05:18 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by embassured
I've had the recall completed. Dealer stated they couldn't order the part unless the car was present for service. It's possible there are limited replacements pumps available and Lexus doesn't want them in local dealer inventories - that's my guess. It essentially took two mornings for the pump to arrive.
My exact experience. They only get the part when service is scheduled, they won't have the pump readily available. That is what the parts department told me, not sure the validity of this since its one dealership but at the same time they stated it was how the recall service was coded.
Old 05-22-18, 11:27 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Update:
So went for my service today, checked in and right before he tells me to hang out in the waiting room he asks if there is anything else he can help with ( he doesn't mention a recall). So I mention the recall and he says oh yeah we can take care of that but not while you wait...so I tell him just yesterday I was told no parts were available when I called to make the appointment, he calls someone and is told the same. Then says we can go ahead order the parts and have you come back. At this point I'm just annoyed bc now I have to come back again, twice. Once to drop off the car and once to pick it up. If they could have just mentioned that when I scheduled the service appointment would have saved me today's trip.

But then he also mentions that they have been doing them, so why wouldn't they have called me since I was on some list since February.

Don't usually complain about much but on one side Lexus says it's a "saftey risk"...and then other side the dealership doesn't seem too concerned about it.
Old 05-29-18, 09:55 AM
stevesands
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a curious voicemail the other day, from my local dealer. " Your Lexus needs to come in for an air bag recall".

Thought "Fuel pumps now airbags?? WTF Lexus." I searched for recalls. No new recalls found.

Called dealer. Was told "oopsie, it is actually for your fuel pump. Would you like to make an appt?"

"Not at this time", I replied, thinking: (1) I may want to take it to a higher volume dealer who has done this job a few times already and (2) they can do it when I need an oil change in a few months.

Today I get an email: "We scheduled your Lexus GS350 for recall work on such-and-such date"

My question: Should I be scared of this dealer???
Old 05-30-18, 09:05 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Last week I emailed the service rep that I have a good relationship with ( after the first time I worked with him he said to me “anytime you need anything call me and I’ll take care of ya”) to schedule service and do the recall. He confirmed parts were in stock and gave me Thursday or Friday this week as dates when they had openings and a loaner available. Unfortunately over the weekend I found out I had a last-minute business trip I had to take on Wednesday and had to move my service date up to Tuesday but was only able to tell him this on Tuesday morning since Monday was a holiday. He was somehow able to fit me in that morning and get me a loaner for the day. While at the dealership, the sales rep who sold me the car noticed my car was in and came out to look for me to say hi and gave me a complement on the things I did to it so far.

So far no issues or sounds like some others have experienced and I just finished the 3 Hour drive for my business trip.

Sorry that some of you are having bad experiences with either the recall or getting service...it goes to show you not every dealership is the same... i’d say the one I go to is fantastic.
Old 05-30-18, 09:12 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesands
Got a curious voicemail the other day, from my local dealer. " Your Lexus needs to come in for an air bag recall".

Thought "Fuel pumps now airbags?? WTF Lexus." I searched for recalls. No new recalls found.

Called dealer. Was told "oopsie, it is actually for your fuel pump. Would you like to make an appt?"

"Not at this time", I replied, thinking: (1) I may want to take it to a higher volume dealer who has done this job a few times already and (2) they can do it when I need an oil change in a few months.

Today I get an email: "We scheduled your Lexus GS350 for recall work on such-and-such date"

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was someone new working at the dealership making calls to people. My dealership is excellent and I got a call from a new junior sales rep last year who initially confused me with a different customer who had an RX and then tried to buy back my GSF. When we were talking about the models they had in stock she was completely clueless as to what the difference was between the GSF and a GS 350 and failed to realize that the RCF and LC 500 are coupes.
Old 05-31-18, 09:24 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesands

I would not be and I would at least give them a chance to base an opinion.