GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 06:33 AM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really have no clue how to post Youtube videos but here are my links. The first one is cold start up with stock setup of my 2016 GS F. The second video is with my mufflers deleted.

Old 12-30-17, 02:33 PM
Salil022
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 5280Fsport
I really have no clue how to post Youtube videos but here are my links. The first one is cold start up with stock setup of my 2016 GS F. The second video is with my mufflers deleted.

https://youtu.be/BA00ukT7xgE

https://youtu.be/y2O4y65h2qk
what tips are these?
Old 12-30-17, 06:32 PM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Salil022
what tips are these?
Hola! I had to settle for my local shop's stainless tips. I ordered a custom stainless steel set off the interned that were sweet but they were 4" tips and they were too large to fit so I had to go with what they had in stock. Still happy with them though.
Old 02-05-18, 09:07 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok. Back from the dead.

I am contemplating either a full exhaust or just an axle-back. Which one has the most restriction? The mid-section or the axle-back.

I also looking at the quietest, free-flow exhaust setup. I am primarily looking at eliminating flow restriction as much as possible while keeping loudness/drone to a minimum. I am not looking to impress at all with the sound but rather to minimize noise increase above stock.
Old 02-06-18, 10:56 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Autobacs
Ok. Back from the dead.

I am contemplating either a full exhaust or just an axle-back. Which one has the most restriction? The mid-section or the axle-back.

I also looking at the quietest, free-flow exhaust setup. I am primarily looking at eliminating flow restriction as much as possible while keeping loudness/drone to a minimum. I am not looking to impress at all with the sound but rather to minimize noise increase above stock.
The midpipe. The most quiet would probably be the resonated midpipe from Apexi.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
The following users liked this post:
Autobacs (02-06-18)
Old 07-10-18, 02:41 PM
bklszl
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I just installed the GTHaus Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust. Its the SUS GTC version, I am very statisfied!
Cabin noise is minimal with open valves and stock-like when closed. I dialy drive the car, now it has the proper exhaust sound I was looking for.
The project wasn't cheap though: I paid $5000 (incl. shipping) +$2500ish for tax+duty+install

Here are some clips:
Old 07-11-18, 07:38 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasGSF
Hey brotha,

First off, your GSF YouTube Videos are awesome! I’ve watched all of them and found them very insightful! One of your videos showcases the muffler delete job you had. From what I can hear, it sounds amazing and wayyy better than these $1500+ exhaust systems out there. I’m thinking about doing the same thing but have a couple questions before I pull the trigger. 1) Does the car drone at cruisinspeeds 45, 60, and 70 mph? And 2) If your phone is hooked up to Bluetooth, when you talk to people, can they hear the exhaust in the background? I’m constantly on phone calls for work and use the Bluetooth a lot, but am worried the deeper note will be too loud for phone calls. 3) what size pipes did you use- 2’, 2.5’, or 3’ in?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Anthony
hey man sorry for the late reply.
so there is no drone at any speeds, when you are on highway speeds the best i can describe it is if you are accelerating you hear the exhaust and when u just cruising its very quiet.. on long highway trip i drive in eco mode since it dumbs down the throttle so its very quiet.
when the phone is connected you do not hear the exhaust
and i used 2.5 inch pipe
Old 07-14-18, 11:15 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bklszl
I just installed the GTHaus Meisterschaft axle-back exhaust. Its the SUS GTC version, I am very statisfied!
Cabin noise is minimal with open valves and stock-like when closed. I dialy drive the car, now it has the proper exhaust sound I was looking for.
The project wasn't cheap though: I paid $5000 (incl. shipping) +$2500ish for tax+duty+install

Here are some clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkiRvEX75E

Given I'm hearing a recording and not in real-life, I have to say that car sounds FABULOUS. I'd buy that system based on what i heard in that clip, and your experience with it.
Old 07-20-18, 04:34 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Here are some clips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkiRvEX75E
And this is only an axle back?? Sounds beastly! And how much more with a Meisterschaft mid pipe
Old 07-21-18, 03:00 AM
bklszl
Driver

^^ $2000 for the midpipe + shipping.
I had to pay $900ish for shipping the axle-back part to EU, GTHaus told me, they would reduce shipping cost to $200 if I order the midpipe aswell. But it would also raise the overall costs by $1300 ($2200-$900), which was over my budget.*

Given that changing the midpipes voids my warranty (here in EU) and that I was afraid it could make my F too loud for my taste, I declined the midpipe order. Later maybe I will look for resonated midpipes like Apex-i, but not sure yet..

*: honestly the whole project is over my budget, my gf reminds me every day, how many shoes and bags could I have bought to her from this money lol.. but in the end of the day and after cruising some time I just feel like $ spent well
Old 07-21-18, 09:22 AM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

^^ $2000 for the midpipe + shipping.
I had to pay $900ish for shipping the axle-back part to EU, GTHaus told me, they would reduce shipping cost to $200 if I order the midpipe aswell. But it would also raise the overall costs by $1300 ($2200-$900), which was over my budget.*

Given that changing the midpipes voids my warranty (here in EU) and that I was afraid it could make my F too loud for my taste, I declined the midpipe order. Later maybe I will look for resonated midpipes like Apex-i, but not sure yet..

*: honestly the whole project is over my budget, my gf reminds me every day, how many shoes and bags could I have bought to her from this money lol.. but in the end of the day and after cruising some time I just feel like $ spent well
You've done well! The exhaust sounds great and thus, in my opinion, sounds like money well spent to me also :P However, it was also nice of GTHaus to offer a discount on the midpipe. I've never dealt with them but the thought of purchasing from them puts me more at ease.

I currently run a Greddy SP axle back but am planning to switch it back to my stock exhaust next week and put my Greddy up for sale. I have plans of either custom fitting an RC F Borla cat-back system to my GS F or doing what another member here (gsfdream) did and get a custom muffler delete built. But if I can somehow convince and squeeze in a tiny but more budget, I'd love to get the GTHaus GTC axle back like yours or run a Meisterschaft midpipe with stock mufflers. But I just have to be patient on when this can all happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 07-21-18, 11:16 AM
bklszl
Driver

I was in the same boat, you have to decide what features are important for you.
My priorities were:
  • an enhanced deep and aggresive sound
  • achieving this by keeping my midpipes stock
  • valve control
I also looked for other options like muffler delete, but I saw a video of a guy with a black RCF (I think he is SVT Ray) who installed the full GTHaus system and I promised myself, that I will spend on exhaust only if I can afford the Meisterschaft parts, however I had to wait 4-5 months to be financially ready. Patience is the key to avoid regrets.
Old 07-22-18, 12:21 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

My '16 with Tanabe Axle Backs

Old 07-23-18, 12:24 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

I was in the same boat, you have to decide what features are important for you.
My priorities were:
  • an enhanced deep and aggresive sound
  • achieving this by keeping my midpipes stock
  • valve control
I also looked for other options like muffler delete, but I saw a video of a guy with a black RCF (I think he is SVT Ray) who installed the full GTHaus system and I promised myself, that I will spend on exhaust only if I can afford the Meisterschaft parts, however I had to wait 4-5 months to be financially ready. Patience is the key to avoid regrets.
I couldn't agree more! I just need to be more patient :P but after hearing yours I'm convinced. I love the exhaust note. I'll be debating on the growl of a custom muffler delete or a tinge of high pitched tone at high RPM of the GTHaus. It gives a nice exotic tone for an axle back.

thanks for your kind input!
Old 08-17-18, 10:05 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Hey does anyone know who's GSF this is?

I'd love to know if they have any drive by clips or if anyone knows of someone who has a novel headers/gthaus full exhuast setup with more videos. I'm interesting in comparing novel/novel to novel/gthaus.

Thanks

Quick Reply: GSF Exhaust options