GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Negotiation help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-17, 04:43 PM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Negotiation help...

I am considering purchasing a 2017 Lexus GS-F, but I will only do it for the right price. My local dealer does not have any in stock but can get one that is very close to what I want. MSRP is $88,270. It is Caviar/Black with most of the available options.

What is a realistic target number? Just trying to gauge where to start the negotiation and where to hope to end up. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-17, 04:30 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

I recommend to wait until Nov/Dec or until 2018 hit showrooms to get best deal.

Right now probabaly $10-15k discount is possible.
Just email bunch of dealers for their price to see what the market is currently.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (08-23-17)
Old 08-15-17, 04:38 PM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I recommend to wait until Nov/Dec or until 2018 hit showrooms to get best deal.

Right now probabaly $10-15k discount is possible.
Just email bunch of dealers for their price to see what the market is currently.
Thanks for the response. After reading through the pricing thread and seeing so many people get 20K +/- discounts on 2016 models, it makes me feel like I am getting ripped off if I pay substantially more than that for a 2017 model. The initial offer from my dealer is a 4K discount.
Old 08-15-17, 11:05 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyMo
Thanks for the response. After reading through the pricing thread and seeing so many people get 20K +/- discounts on 2016 models, it makes me feel like I am getting ripped off if I pay substantially more than that for a 2017 model. The initial offer from my dealer is a 4K discount.
There seems to be this wide disparity in terms of what dealers are willing to do, that's the problem. Some are stingy as hell and others drop discounts at the drop of a hat because they want to move the cars due to relative lack of interest.

-Mike
Old 08-16-17, 09:03 AM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

My dealer has come back with a further discount but still seems very high. MSRP is $88,270. OTD price is $79,273. Anyone have any input on how I should counter?
Old 08-16-17, 10:08 AM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

My dealer has come back with a further discount but still seems very high. MSRP is $88,270. OTD price is $79,273. Anyone have any input on how I should counter?
I'm curious about the responses to this as well. That just seems like a rape price to me. At a bare minimum though I would be shopping the same car from other dealers. Even a dealer the next state over or something. You can either use it as leverage in negotiating, or as a contingency plan. It still sounds like they are far away from the typical selling prices of these cars, though. Particularly considering there are a bunch of barely used (under 25k miles) 2016s floating around the US for under 60K. If you really need a 17 you might end up finding a better deal towards the end of the year or even in January.

-Mike
Old 08-16-17, 10:40 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

When I bought my IS350 in 2006, I sent emails to all the Lexus dealers in California (I was in Sacramento) with the color and trim level I wanted to see what pricing I could get. Despite living in Sacramento, I purchased from Longo Lexus's Internet sales desk at a price no one else could match. When we bought our GS F, we just got lucky. Nalley Lexus in Roswell had the car at a ridiculously low price without having to negotiate much at all. I really don't know why, but they seemed to be able to get GS Fs and move them at prices no one else could match - and I did comparison shop other Lexus dealers in Atlanta.

Given the fire sale on the 2016s, it's hard to justify paying even $70k for a 2017. What will you be thinking if the bottom falls out of the price again, and you purchased at nearly $80k? I'd be pretty pissed off if the 2017s start selling at or below $70k in a few months.
Old 08-16-17, 12:14 PM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
When I bought my IS350 in 2006, I sent emails to all the Lexus dealers in California (I was in Sacramento) with the color and trim level I wanted to see what pricing I could get. Despite living in Sacramento, I purchased from Longo Lexus's Internet sales desk at a price no one else could match. When we bought our GS F, we just got lucky. Nalley Lexus in Roswell had the car at a ridiculously low price without having to negotiate much at all. I really don't know why, but they seemed to be able to get GS Fs and move them at prices no one else could match - and I did comparison shop other Lexus dealers in Atlanta.

Given the fire sale on the 2016s, it's hard to justify paying even $70k for a 2017. What will you be thinking if the bottom falls out of the price again, and you purchased at nearly $80k? I'd be pretty pissed off if the 2017s start selling at or below $70k in a few months.
That is exactly how I am looking at it. I think I could stomach paying around 70K for the car given that it is a 2017 and hasn't been sitting on the lot for a year and a half, especially when I want a black one. Plus, there is no 10K cash help from Lexus, so I know the dealers are in a different position this year.

I did make contact with another dealer relatively close by and am awaiting a response.
Old 08-16-17, 01:42 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

most low mileage (less than 10k) '16s are still $63k+. I think you'd be lucky if you can get a brand new '17 @ $70k given the time of year.

The dealers who were selling '16s @ $68k last year probably learn their lesson on how well these sell and my bet is that they likely won't have any '17s. The dealer I got my '16 GSF from had 3 at the end of last year (i bought one of them) and they didn't sell the last one until April this year. They haven't have any '17s on their lot all year.
Old 08-16-17, 01:50 PM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by danwlee
most low mileage (less than 10k) '16s are still $63k+. I think you'd be lucky if you can get a brand new '17 @ $70k given the time of year.

The dealers who were selling '16s @ $68k last year probably learn their lesson on how well these sell and my bet is that they likely won't have any '17s. The dealer I got my '16 GSF from had 3 at the end of last year (i bought one of them) and they didn't sell the last one until April this year. They haven't have any '17s on their lot all year.
I would have to assume those are asking prices only. Someone would have to be pretty misinformed to pay that much for a used 2016.
finny76 (08-23-17)
Old 08-16-17, 07:18 PM
GSFast
Driver School Candidate

Default Check this out

I am considering purchasing a 2017 Lexus GS-F, but I will only do it for the right price. My local dealer does not have any in stock but can get one that is very close to what I want. MSRP is $88,270. It is Caviar/Black with most of the available options.

What is a realistic target number? Just trying to gauge where to start the negotiation and where to hope to end up. Thanks in advance.
Check this out. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0218/overview/
This car may not be the color combo you want but I promise you the discount will make you think twice. I got $22,515 discount without a haggle. The car is definitely worth a lot more but l am very pleased.
I got this color combo last week and never looked back. I love how the red blends with the black. It is very menacing look.
The car came in perfect condition with no problems.
I had all the paperwork done over the phone, text and they got me approved and sent me the documents overnight.
Within 3 days all paperwork was done while I was waiting for the trucking company to come take her home to me.
I live in Columbus Ohio it cost $1,075 for shipping out the door. She was shipped in a enclosure, that was the only I wanted shipped. If you want on trailer it's $725. The dealer is Lexus of West Kendall 13750 SW 136th St
Miami, FL 33186. My salesman is Javier Lopez. Tell him Tien referred you. Here is his number if you are interested 1(305)318-9805. He is the one that help me setup the shipping to if you need that option. He and the finance guy was great to work with. Good luck I hope this helps. Beautiful rear!
Beautiful front face!
Old 08-16-17, 07:29 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFast
Check this out. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0218/overview/
This car may not be the color combo you want but I promise you the discount will make you think twice. I got $22,515 discount without a haggle. The car is definitely worth a lot more but l am very pleased.
I got this color combo last week and never looked back. I love how the red blends with the black. It is very menacing look.
The car came in perfect condition with no problems.
I had all the paperwork done over the phone, text and they got me approved and sent me the documents overnight.
Within 3 days all paperwork was done while I was waiting for the trucking company to come take her home to me.
I live in Columbus Ohio it cost $1,075 for shipping out the door. She was shipped in a enclosure, that was the only I wanted shipped. If you want on trailer it's $725. The dealer is Lexus of West Kendall 13750 SW 136th St
Miami, FL 33186. My salesman is Javier Lopez. Tell him Tien referred you. Here is his number if you are interested 1(305)318-9805. He is the one that help me setup the shipping to if you need that option. He and the finance guy was great to work with. Good luck I hope this helps. Beautiful rear!
Beautiful front face!
Really nice combo! I'm also in Columbus. Need another GSF in our local group of F enthusiasts. Come down to Cars and Coffee at the Lennox!
GSFast (08-16-17)
Old 08-17-17, 06:50 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Being you are already halfway through August, I would strongly suggest waiting an additional 45-60 days to see if some of those aggressive year end prices come back or at the very least, you will better know they will not.

In the meantime, just keep doing your homework (like you are).
Old 08-18-17, 01:27 PM
TonyMo
Driver School Candidate

I appreciate all the effort and input. The most the dealers would come off for me on a 2017 GS F was 11K and that wasn't enough. I just had too much info and couldn't stomach paying too much and watching prices fall as the year goes on.

So, I put a deposit down on a 2017 C63 S today. It has under 800 miles on it and all the options I wanted had I ordered it.
​​​
Not sure I got the absolute best deal but I feel pretty good about it overall. The car will be delivered via enclosed trailer around the middle of next week.

I am excited. This was the car I wanted from the beginning, but it was more than I wanted to spend had I ordered it new. To get it with less than 800 miles for over 20% off MSRP and to get it quickly versus waiting on a factory order makes me happy.
Old 08-18-17, 11:49 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate all the effort and input. The most the dealers would come off for me on a 2017 GS F was 11K and that wasn't enough. I just had too much info and couldn't stomach paying too much and watching prices fall as the year goes on.

So, I put a deposit down on a 2017 C63 S today. It has under 800 miles on it and all the options I wanted had I ordered it.
​​​
Not sure I got the absolute best deal but I feel pretty good about it overall. The car will be delivered via enclosed trailer around the middle of next week.

I am excited. This was the car I wanted from the beginning, but it was more than I wanted to spend had I ordered it new. To get it with less than 800 miles for over 20% off MSRP and to get it quickly versus waiting on a factory order makes me happy.
C63S is a fun car. The engine pulls like a freight train. You can read my review here - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...3-vs-gs-f.html

You should know the residuals of C63s are not much better than the GS F. Glad you bought lightly used. There is a lot of purchasing options if you want a C63 as they aren't as rare as the GS F. One good thing is the C63 will always have an interesting buying base.

Quick Reply: Negotiation help...