Build Threads Details on Club Lexus GSF owner vehicles

ashschwin's GSF Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-21, 08:46 AM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts
Default ashschwin's GSF Build Thread

Hello fellow CL fans! I am usually not one to start threads on the forums as I usually find myself lurking around and commenting / replying on posts. Got a chance to see some of the other members' build threads and timeline of work being done on their cars which inspired me to put one together for my GSF. This is my first Lexus vehicle and one of the best cars I have ever owned and consider myself very lucky to have the GSF in my stable. I plan on keeping this car for many years and hopefully one day will have the opportunity to have a 911 GT3 alongside the GSF.

I have had a combination of Japanese and German cars and they each have their pros and cons from my perspective. Of all the cars I have owned, the E92 M3 was like a toxic relationship --> broke down 5 times in 9 months of ownership but was one of the most exciting cars to drive.

College car was a 2001 Honda Accord:

First car after college was a 2008 Infiniti G37S 6MT:

Sold the G37S and went with a 2012 E92 M3 DCT which was short lived in my stable:

Wanted to keep my faith in German engineering and decided to give the 2015 B8.5 Audi S5 a shot and it ended up being one of the most reliable cars I ever owned:

Finally, as we found out our family was expanding, decided I needed a sedan again and missed the tune of a naturally aspirated V8 and also needed the reliability so it was an easy choice to go with a 2017 GSF which was purchased in Feb. 2021:

First thing I did was tint the front two windows to match the rear doors and back window:

Picked up the Elvin Wong CF shift **** with the F door puddle lights:

Wanted the car to sit proper and still maintain the stock dampening of the shocks so went with Swift lowering springs:

Even though I did like the stock GSF wheels very much, a buddy of mine was looking to sell his Advan GT Premium wheels with tires for a killer deal so got them installed and completely transformed the look of the car as most quality wheels tend to do:

Was never a fan of the gray mirrors and B-pillars so added some Tom's CF mirror covers and B-Pillar covers to spruce it up a bit:

Added the 2018+ Lexus push start button which looks much more modern and has a nicer feel to the interior:

Last two pictures as the car currently sits:

I will continue to update this thread as times goes on. For the time being, the car has plenty of power for my needs and will be looking into options in the next couple years once I get used to the car more. Feel free to share any thoughts and ideas!
The following 9 users liked this post by ashschwin:
1A1 (06-23-21), anbark22 (06-23-21), DaveGS4 (06-23-21), death (06-25-21), fchdx (06-24-21), FSportOnly (06-25-21), Mazderati (06-23-21), NotFSport (06-24-21), sqlboy2000 (06-23-21) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-23-21, 01:15 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 300 Likes on 207 Posts

Crazy what a drop and a set of wheels do to the look. She looks great.

Steve
The following users liked this post:
ashschwin (06-24-21)
Old 06-23-21, 08:49 PM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

The white really pops, love it.
ashschwin (06-24-21)
Old 06-24-21, 09:10 PM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Can i ask where you got that start button?
Old 06-24-21, 09:42 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NotFSport
Can i ask where you got that start button?
Yup just bought them on eBay....search for a 2018+ Lexus push start button

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15437775435...UAAOSwpJNgU5sC
NotFSport (06-25-21)
Old 06-25-21, 07:47 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 399 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by ashschwin
Yup just bought them on eBay....search for a 2018+ Lexus push start button

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15437775435...UAAOSwpJNgU5sC
Is that a hard swap? I've seen videos where it takes a few seconds with a puller thing then others where the puller thing doesn't work and they take the dash apart.
Old 06-25-21, 11:21 AM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Thank you! Follow-up question: what did you do to darken the TOM'S logo on those B-pillar covers? I can't stand the logo being plastered everywhere, but i think i would prefer to go with the CF pillars over getting a gloss black wrap or something.
Old 06-25-21, 06:59 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by sqlboy2000
Is that a hard swap? I've seen videos where it takes a few seconds with a puller thing then others where the puller thing doesn't work and they take the dash apart.
Not hard at all, just had to pull back the plastic piece around the radio portion of the dash. The silver ring around the start button pops right out and there is an easy clip to loosen in the back of the stock start button. Swap in the new one and it is a direct plug and play. Install everything back in reverse and pop it back in. Below is a link I used to help guide me with the install, took less than 10 minutes from start to finish.

Originally Posted by NotFSport
Thank you! Follow-up question: what did you do to darken the TOM'S logo on those B-pillar covers? I can't stand the logo being plastered everywhere, but i think i would prefer to go with the CF pillars over getting a gloss black wrap or something.
Lol this is going to sound ghetto but I used black sharpie because I was not a fan of the logo being plastered on the B-pillar either. I think it is a good temporary solution for now but I would like to eventually go with either the full CF pillars or OEM black pillars.
Old 06-28-21, 02:42 PM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

hey whatever works! that's pretty low-tech but i love it! Is there even an option for CF pillars that isn't TOM'S? I have been thinking of just getting mine wrapped black since i cant seem to find a CF options without the giant TOM'S logo.
Old 07-07-21, 08:26 AM
Asharno
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your wheel specs if you wouldn’t mind sharing? They look amazing
ashschwin (07-07-21)
Old 07-07-21, 12:55 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Asharno
What are your wheel specs if you wouldn’t mind sharing? They look amazing
Thank you! Wheels are 20x9.5 +28 front and 20x11 +39 rear
Old 08-16-21, 10:08 AM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Couple of new mods as summer continues! Bought a new Elvin Wong CF Steering wheel and Tom's Axleback exhaust and Apexi resonated mid-pipe. Car sounds incredible now and holding the new steering wheel feels awesome!

The following 2 users liked this post by ashschwin:
F1nALMSfan (08-17-21), NotFSport (08-17-21)
Old 08-17-21, 07:53 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ashschwin
Couple of new mods as summer continues! Bought a new Elvin Wong CF Steering wheel and Tom's Axleback exhaust and Apexi resonated mid-pipe. Car sounds incredible now and holding the new steering wheel feels awesome!

Awesome! Put the same exhaust combo on the car earlier this summer and it sounds so great. I love how there really is no drone with this setup. It can sounds mean and aggressive when you want that, but quiet as stock too.
ashschwin (08-18-21)
Old 08-18-21, 09:35 AM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by F1nALMSfan
Awesome! Put the same exhaust combo on the car earlier this summer and it sounds so great. I love how there really is no drone with this setup. It can sounds mean and aggressive when you want that, but quiet as stock too.
Yup! It is an amazing exhaust combination, I definitely did not want any drone in the car and the ability to open it up and hear the V8 roar when I wanted it to and this has been perfect so far. The first cold start in the mornings are eargasmic!
F1nALMSfan (08-18-21)
Old 08-20-21, 12:00 PM
slvrcrz
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

thank you bro i was debating on this or the PTS joez combo i think i might go with this one, where did you get it btw modinjapan ?

Quick Reply: ashschwin's GSF Build Thread