GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GTHAUS Meisterschaft exhaust installed on GSF

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-17, 04:49 PM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default GTHAUS Meisterschaft exhaust installed on GSF

First of all the name Meisterschaft is too hard for me to remember.
This was a 6 month long waiting for my new exhaust to come, however the wait pays for the quality, it is simply amazing
the build quality is superior and the sound is gorgeous, it has a valve but the tech of it is very old, simply i have to press the button several second to make it open or close.
However, i think i ordered the one click open close option, i ll check with GTHAUS.
The sound is louder in a good way, there is no drone but i hope it could be quiet bit under 2000RPM.
I only got the axis back from GTHAUS, I have mid pipe from apexi and PPE header and GESI high flow cat
So the car is pretty civilize when i need it to be and pretty wild when i press the gas.
i ll upload the video very quick, please enjoy the photo.
The install take 4 hours and mainly for get that valve connect to the car, i got power from the light inside trunk.
The tip is wider than our stock one, so i need cut my toms diffuser to fit it.
After Driving for a while i feel the sound in high rpm range just unbelievable good,the car sound like a beast and only waiting for my supercharge kit to arrive
Shift feels faster, because there is no more restriction on exhaust flow like stock, so the sluggish shift response just go away. Actually the transmission itself isn't that slow, just the input lag in paddle shift makes it feel slow. However with this exhaust, the lag goes away and even downshift is much smoother and enjoyable. Now it is doing downshift properly.

video is here

Last edited by tomsgsf; 06-12-17 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-12-17, 05:49 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Painful to cut the diffuser..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-12-17, 07:03 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

beautiful , just beautiful
Old 06-13-17, 03:53 AM
16USBGSF
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like that. Would the stock diffuser need to be trimmed? It seems like it has a little more room around the exhaust tips than the TOMS CF Diffuser.
Old 06-13-17, 05:49 AM
RobEQ
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, sounds great!
Old 06-13-17, 08:31 AM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16USBGSF
I like that. Would the stock diffuser need to be trimmed? It seems like it has a little more room around the exhaust tips than the TOMS CF Diffuser.
no need for stock to trim. this tip is bigger than stock tip
Old 06-13-17, 08:36 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Question

Question:

What's the reason you're running a "GESI high flow cat" is because of the "SMOG" inspection check in CA?...

The reason why I'm asking is because the "Apex-I" mid-pipe connects directly onto the Equal Length PPE Headers etc...back...

By the way, it sound BAD SS...

I can't wait to see your car BTED...

Originally Posted by tomsgsf
First of all the name Meisterschaft is too hard for me to remember.
This was a 6 month long waiting for my new exhaust to come, however the wait pays for the quality, it is simply amazing
the build quality is superior and the sound is gorgeous, it has a valve but the tech of it is very old, simply i have to press the button several second to make it open or close.
However, i think i ordered the one click open close option, i ll check with GTHAUS.
The sound is louder in a good way, there is no drone but i hope it could be quiet bit under 2000RPM.
I only got the axis back from GTHAUS, I have mid pipe from apexi and PPE header and GESI high flow cat
So the car is pretty civilize when i need it to be and pretty wild when i press the gas.
i ll upload the video very quick, please enjoy the photo.
The install take 4 hours and mainly for get that valve connect to the car, i got power from the light inside trunk.
The tip is wider than our stock one, so i need cut my toms diffuser to fit it.
After Driving for a while i feel the sound in high rpm range just unbelievable good,the car sound like a beast and only waiting for my supercharge kit to arrive
Shift feels faster, because there is no more restriction on exhaust flow like stock, so the sluggish shift response just go away. Actually the transmission itself isn't that slow, just the input lag in paddle shift makes it feel slow. However with this exhaust, the lag goes away and even downshift is much smoother and enjoyable. Now it is doing downshift properly.

Last edited by 16GSF00336; 06-13-17 at 08:42 AM.
Old 06-13-17, 08:43 AM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
Question:

The reason you're running a "GESI high flow cat" is because of the "SMOG" inspection check in CA?...

The reason why I'm asking the "Apex-I" mid-pipe connects directly onto the Equal Length PPE Headers etc...back...
because the smell of car is terrible without the cat and it has no low end torque when i just installed the PPE header, also it is too raspy. The cat solve the problem and give me much low end torque
Nothing to do with SMOG, no need for smog before own the car 6years. I just dont want to have a gas mask when i drive my car. i ran the cat less on turbo car before, there is no problem of smell, maybe NA car doesnt have such good combustion efficiency as turbo car, so there is a smell issue.

Also apexi is directed fit to the header. cat is in the mid pipe
Old 06-13-17, 08:47 AM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

With you going back to BT it will change that Air/Fuel mixture...Plus, you got your PCM flushed; therefore, you may tune that out as well...

Originally Posted by tomsgsf
because the smell of car is terrible without the cat and it has no low end torque when i just installed the PPE header, also it is too raspy. The cat solve the problem and give me much low end torque
Nothing to do with SMOG, no need for smog before own the car 6years. I just dont want to have a gas mask when i drive my car. i ran the cat less on turbo car before, there is no problem of smell, maybe NA car doesnt have such good combustion efficiency as turbo car, so there is a smell issue.

Also apexi is directed fit to the header. cat is in the mid pipe
Old 06-13-17, 09:35 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

sounds awesome.
Old 06-13-17, 10:33 AM
jman911TTS
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Nicely done. Sounds aggressive!
Old 06-13-17, 10:35 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Great writeup.
If anyone else is interested we have these in stock!
1-855-998-8726
Old 06-13-17, 11:51 AM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Originally Posted by 16GSF00336
With you going back to BT it will change that Air/Fuel mixture...Plus, you got your PCM flushed; therefore, you may tune that out as well...
i just feel the 2k is bit loud gonna build a 1/4 wave resenator to cancel it.
The following users liked this post:
16GSF00336 (06-13-17)
Old 06-13-17, 12:07 PM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow now I might just have to buy one too. So I wonder if the Meisterschaft exhaust will bolt up to the Apexi midpipe? Anybody know?

Last edited by 13FSPORT; 06-13-17 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-13-17, 12:25 PM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Wow now I might just have to buy one too. So I wonder if the Meisterschaft exhaust will bolt up to the Apexi midpipe? Anybody know?
just bolt one zero issue,i am running apexi mid pipe. GTHAUS mid pipe is too loud and lose torque
The following users liked this post:
13FSPORT (06-13-17)

Quick Reply: GTHAUS Meisterschaft exhaust installed on GSF