GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Does anyone else hate the chrome trims on the windows?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-17, 06:33 PM
OUGrad05
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hyboost
I picked up a new GSF on Friday and immediately had the chrome trim wrapped black on Monday (along with XPEL on pretty much everything). In my opinion it looks much better, especially with tint.

How much did that cost? Looks fantastic
Old 12-20-17, 06:50 PM
hyboost
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by OUGrad05
How much did that cost? Looks fantastic
I got it done as part of a bigger job but I think that piece was under $200. They also did the clear bra on entire front, rockers and lower sides of rear bumper, black roof and tint including entire windshield.
The following users liked this post:
OUGrad05 (12-20-17)
Old 12-20-17, 07:28 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

I got it done as part of a bigger job but I think that piece was under $200. They also did the clear bra on entire front, rockers and lower sides of rear bumper, black roof and tint including entire windshield.
Looks great - you move quick - seems like the IS-F just sold. Congrats !
Old 12-20-17, 07:47 PM
hyboost
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Looks great - you move quick - seems like the IS-F just sold. Congrats !
lol...yeah. I had parts ordered and shipped before I even signed the papers on the new car. Will be lower in a few days, still trying to decide on (HRE) wheels and will likely do Novel carbon all around. I went a little crazy with the ISF so will try to control myself with this one
Old 12-20-17, 08:33 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts

lol...yeah. I had parts ordered and shipped before I even signed the papers on the new car. Will be lower in a few days, still trying to decide on (HRE) wheels and will likely do Novel carbon all around. I went a little crazy with the ISF so will try to control myself with this one
Great - make sure to start a "build" thread. I'd be interested to get feedback on the RSR's. Did you go with the Downs or Super Downs?

P.S. - I've still got pictures of your black MKIV on computer - perhaps my favorite of all time.
Old 12-21-17, 01:19 PM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a new GSF on Friday and immediately had the chrome trim wrapped black on Monday (along with XPEL on pretty much everything). In my opinion it looks much better, especially with tint.

Hell yeah! That looks great man. Mine came out just as nice but I have Caviar so really it just disappears. Anyone else doing one with Caviar I would recommend the satin finish wrap. I'm hooked now. Planning on doing a black chrome center stripe up the hood, whole roof and down the back trunk lid and door. I'll post pics when I pull the trigger!
Old 12-23-17, 05:38 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I've considered blacking it out, but wanted to preview what it would look like first... i feel like the wheels need to be black too.

Old 12-23-17, 10:33 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Danwlee: I personally like the blacked-out version of your car, especially given the color. But that's me. My personal opinion is that Lexus or Lexii are too 'chrome heavy'. Too reminiscent of the 90s with their chrome placement. I blacked out (wrapped) all of the chrome pieces on my LC, basically because the chrome placement looked so random. (again though, my car/my opinion.)
Old 12-26-17, 09:11 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by OUGrad05
Your youtube channel is pretty good.
thank you i really appreciate that been trying to put out content on the gsf since there is so little of them around.
but since its winter time the car is in my garage stored up for the ****ty chicago winter
Old 12-27-17, 07:42 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I love the blacked out chrome look.
Old 12-30-17, 03:09 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

black out is way to go. i wonder if there is black chrome vinyl? I think black chrome on chrome trim will look good.
Old 12-30-17, 06:03 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by danwlee
I've considered blacking it out, but wanted to preview what it would look like first... i feel like the wheels need to be black too.

Thanks for posting the pics for I am on the fence and even more so now about having wrapped (or painted?). My tint guy, who is pretty high end told me he would paint.
Old 12-30-17, 06:35 PM
5280Fsport
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08sgmis350
black out is way to go. i wonder if there is black chrome vinyl? I think black chrome on chrome trim will look good.
There is. My local guy said he would have to order it in. It's too expensive for him to have just laying around. Gave me an estimate of $1500 to do the middle of the hood, the entire roof and the entire trunk lid and face. Haven't ordered yet. I'll post pics if I do.
Old 12-30-17, 07:01 PM
08sgmis350
Advanced

Received 182 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 5280Fsport
There is. My local guy said he would have to order it in. It's too expensive for him to have just laying around. Gave me an estimate of $1500 to do the middle of the hood, the entire roof and the entire trunk lid and face. Haven't ordered yet. I'll post pics if I do.
nice~ plz post some pix if u do. I wanna see this!
Old 04-21-18, 05:42 PM
GSFDreams
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually have painted replacement pieces direct from Toyota to replace the stock chrome ones then I found out the install costs at my dealership. You wouldn't believe the price.... it was insane, so now I am just sitting on it deciding to do it or wrap it.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else hate the chrome trims on the windows?