GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2013 isf to 2016 gsf

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-17, 05:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

The GS F feels like my 1984 FJ1100 before I worked on it. It was reasonably quick, reasonably fast, and felt like a big bike. After I worked on it, it made a lot more power, got regeared to add 12 mph to top speed (and pulled it without complaint), did roll on wheelies in third, and shed about 100 pounds. If it didn't wheelie in third, it would spin the rear tire at 90 mph. On launch at the dragstrip, I had to put my nuts over the gas cap to keep it from lifting too much, and the front wheel didn't touch the ground until I was through the traps at 126 mph (BTW in 1991, that was impressive - not so anymore). That's how my IS F feels now. Raw. Powerful. Challenging.

I have to get mad to make the GS F even begin to enter this realm and when I do, it responds with "This really isn't my strong suit. I'll do it, but just letting you know it's not who I really am."

That's what I mean.
Old 03-09-17, 09:26 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You just need to go into the secret expert mode on the gsf then have all the fun you want
Old 03-10-17, 06:52 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
You just need to go into the secret expert mode on the gsf then have all the fun you want
Did that as soon as I heard about it...the car just never feels like an animal...
Old 03-10-17, 09:13 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

I have to agree some with Lobuxracer when comparing the GSF (and RCF) to the ISF for the more time I spend in the GSF (which I thoroughly enjoy), I realize I miss the ISF and it is because of the rawness of the ISF and the superbike comparison/analogy was a good one. You do have to push the GSF to feel the limits where in my opinion, the ISF just kind of took you into white-knuckle territory sooner and easier. Maybe the keyword I am using is 'feel'.

I certainly am not bashing the GSF or RCF nor am I solely fanboying the ISF, it is just that they are different and if I had to chose between say a new 2014 ISF and a 2016 GSF, I would select the GSF again over the ISF but that is just me.

Yes, inside and outside the ISF seems a bit primitive when compared to the GSF but in 4 - 6 years, the GSF/RCF will feel that way too and truth be told, a lot of what Lexus carried over from the ISF to the two other F platforms in my opinion has some of that primitive theme and feel. Old school *****, big analog gauges, not a ton of buttons or needed selections, hungry brakes, normal aspiration and a somewhat firm feel. But when looking at the ISF's exterior besides the now older front facade, the thing just looks and feels more brutal, again my opinion (this is a compliment) from the bulging hood to the steering feel/feedback - it is just more brutal and raw (again, a compliment) and to me allows it to feel more connected to the driver.

It makes me really second-guess selling my ISF and just not keeping it too but I am one dude with three road cars and one track car.

Carry on...

Last edited by mr2dave; 03-10-17 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-13-17, 04:13 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
post some pictures! What deal did they seal the deal with
They gave me $16k off MSRP plus a decent trade in value on my 2013 IS-F. In the end, my payment when up by $50 a month... but of course I added 3 more years of payments!
Old 03-13-17, 04:22 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
I have to agree some with Lobuxracer when comparing the GSF (and RCF) to the ISF for the more time I spend in the GSF (which I thoroughly enjoy), I realize I miss the ISF and it is because of the rawness of the ISF and the superbike comparison/analogy was a good one. You do have to push the GSF to feel the limits where in my opinion, the ISF just kind of took you into white-knuckle territory sooner and easier. Maybe the keyword I am using is 'feel'.

I certainly am not bashing the GSF or RCF nor am I solely fanboying the ISF, it is just that they are different and if I had to chose between say a new 2014 ISF and a 2016 GSF, I would select the GSF again over the ISF but that is just me.

Yes, inside and outside the ISF seems a bit primitive when compared to the GSF but in 4 - 6 years, the GSF/RCF will feel that way too and truth be told, a lot of what Lexus carried over from the ISF to the two other F platforms in my opinion has some of that primitive theme and feel. Old school *****, big analog gauges, not a ton of buttons or needed selections, hungry brakes, normal aspiration and a somewhat firm feel. But when looking at the ISF's exterior besides the now older front facade, the thing just looks and feels more brutal, again my opinion (this is a compliment) from the bulging hood to the steering feel/feedback - it is just more brutal and raw (again, a compliment) and to me allows it to feel more connected to the driver.

It makes me really second-guess selling my ISF and just not keeping it too but I am one dude with three road cars and one track car.

Carry on...
I can only confirm that I too enjoy the car. I still think the exterior look of the IS-F has "all around" better look, but I think the new front end is awesome. Love the the 3 light setup. The interior is far better and has many more "creature features". The stock exhaust note makes me giggle... and it handles amazingly. I've yet to really hammer on it, but looking forward to playing with it on some fun open roads.

Last edited by anAgent; 03-13-17 at 04:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Stormryu (03-13-17)
Old 03-13-17, 06:46 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

^^^ Nice color choice and yes, a little biased here and interior-wise, there is no comparison to the ISF because of the newness.

When you start to open her up enjoy it in S and/or S+ mode and one thing I think you will immediately notice compared to the ISF is that the GSF holds itself in a gear (in auto-mode) much longer keeping the RPM's much higher than in the ISF when off throttle so it is felt more when you go to reapply throttle. Way less linear in the upper bands in my opinion.