GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF or CTS-V

Old 12-23-16, 12:45 PM
RollinGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSF or CTS-V

Ok, first of all I know they are totally different animals. I’m not really looking to compare the 2 cars I’m just trying to get the opinion from a few people that own the GSF. Here is my situation, I have the opportunity to get either:
16 GSF Starfire Pearl with Circuit Red. 2 Miles so it’s not a Demo. MSRP $87,000. We are at $68,000 right now before ttt. Or
16 CTS-V White Diamond Tri coat with the Black interior with 4900 Miles. It’s got the Carbon Fiber Package, Recaro seats, Luxury package, recorder, ultraview sunroof. MSRP is $101k. The story goes, a guy built it for a customer, added $20k in upgrades and demo’d it at the SEMA show. Buyer backs out and loses deposit. Builder has to dump it and trades it in on a jeep. The dealer is now asking $85k.

Comfort is pretty important to me as I recently had surgery and need comfortable seats. I currently have a GS Fsport and absolutely love the seats. They feel like they were made for me. I also have a 15 Escalade (baby momma car) that aggravates my back after 30 minutes of driving. Along with a whole slew of other annoyances that just don’t seem to work very well in the Cadillac, including Cue.

So in your opinion, we are $17,000 difference between the two. With the lexus I pretty much know what I’m getting into but from what I hear the Cadillac is a beast.
What do you guys think? Should I spring for the extra 200 ponies or go safe with the GSF? Attached are a few pics of the CTS-V.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails GSF or CTS-V-ctsv.jpg   GSF or CTS-V-ctsv2.jpg   GSF or CTS-V-ctsv3.jpg  
Old 12-23-16, 02:21 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

oh man, take the CTS-V. those new ones are crazy but the GSF is a great japanese sedan choice .
Old 12-23-16, 02:55 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

HAve you sat in the GSF? The seats are not as comfortable as the regular GS, more sports and race oriented

Last edited by ssmoked; 12-23-16 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-23-16, 08:32 PM
mikedozz
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
HAve you sat in the GSF? The seats are not as comfortable as the regular GS, more sports and race oriented
I would go GS-F but I'm biased because I love the GS from the GS400 to now, GS-F, but the V is a sexy machine, I guess it depends on how much of a Lexus fan you are, if you are really not, I would take the V
Old 12-24-16, 09:15 AM
Lexzam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat comfort

Thinking myself of upgrading from gs450 to gsf. If seat comfort is an issue, you may get disappointed with gsf as its seats are not as comfortable as with top of the range other gs. Lumbar support has less choices in gsf. Also seat extension in front of the seat is missing in gsf.
Old 12-24-16, 08:17 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

I've sat in both briefly, I'd have to give the nod to the CTS-V seats. They felt amazing to me. Not sure how they hold up over long periods, but they were amazing when I sat in them. Much more comfy than my current seats and I can spend a few hours in these without any back pain at all. My 2013 GS F Sport would give me lower back pain after a few hours

At $85k I don't think I could turn down that CTS-V. It's an excellent price and has a nice system in it too! Only downside I see is that it is used... never know how the car was treated for those 4900 miles. A brand new GS F with 2 miles can be broken in exactly as you want and taken care of from day one. That is definitely some peace of mind. Not exactly like you're purchasing a "slow" car in the GS F either.
Old 12-24-16, 08:34 PM
chuckNX
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

That is an incredible discount on the GSF. $19k? I am surprised that have to discount that much to sell them. Seems like an amazing deal.

However, it sounds like you need to pick the one that will not aggravate your back. Otherwise you will be frustrated regardless of performance.
Old 12-26-16, 11:47 PM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

hard choice, I've never owned an american car but heard and read that the new CTS V is amazing of a car esp if you love driving fast. But as mentioned, you can't go wrong with the GSF either esp with that price. How I wish it was that price when I bought my GSF. But drive bought cars and see what suits your needs best. Good luck!
Old 12-28-16, 07:44 AM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

If your back is of a concern, I would get a car that has a variable suspension system so that you can soften your sports sedan ride. 16 GSF rides pretty stiff and this is from a person that daily drove a BRZ before the GSF. Both cars are great choices
Old 12-28-16, 11:40 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tsongdds
If your back is of a concern, I would get a car that has a variable suspension system so that you can soften your sports sedan ride. 16 GSF rides pretty stiff and this is from a person that daily drove a BRZ before the GSF. Both cars are great choices
Ok I'm shocked, so the GSF doesn't change the stiffness by changing the mode from sport + to eco ?
Old 12-28-16, 01:47 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,210 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by AMNss
Ok I'm shocked, so the GSF doesn't change the stiffness by changing the mode from sport + to eco ?
I don't believe the 16 GS F does. Even if it did... my old 2013 GS F Sport in standard/eco mode rode nearly as stiff as my Corvette does. Not exactly a plush luxury cruiser, more sports car.
Old 12-28-16, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

16 gsf has no suspension adjustment. i believe for 2017 they added it?

i have to be honest, it's a sports car, it can only be so "soft". if stiffness is a problem then i think it's a real concern considering a high end sports sedan.
Old 12-29-16, 01:43 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I don't believe the 16 GS F does. Even if it did... my old 2013 GS F Sport in standard/eco mode rode nearly as stiff as my Corvette does. Not exactly a plush luxury cruiser, more sports car.
Thanks for clarifying, currently I have a 3is and I think I will pass on the GSF 2016 because I have to commute 110 miles daily and the 3is is stiff enough for me.
Old 01-08-17, 10:13 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just comparing the two and liked the cts v until I went over to their forums. I was turned off by the amount of issues and dealership problems. Don't get me wrong the cts v is a beast but not when it's in the shop.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (11-08-17)
Old 01-09-17, 05:32 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Ask same question on Cadillac forums. I like the GS-F but the CTS-V is better choice. I like power plain and simple.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GSF or CTS-V