GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Ride quality of 16 GS-F

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-16, 04:57 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Ride quality of 16 GS-F

So I saw a few posts that the 17 GSF gets the variable F suspension. Im getting a 16... does that mean the ride in the 16 is harsher? I remember during my test drive the car drove quite well but that was on smooth road.

Anyone who daily's their F please chime in. Curious to hear how it is on not so perfect roads...coming from an IS the ride quality was good but sometimes quite stiff even when not in Sport + mode. I was hoping the GS would be smoother...but it is an F so idk.

Thanks
Old 11-20-16, 05:49 AM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I daily drive my 16 GSF and it is a very smooth ride. Approximately 3k miles and I picked it up in August. Coming off of a few Acura's I can tell you it's much smoother. Even in sport+ and Hooligan mode. You get a bit of noise in sport + but I love it and car does't feel stiff. You can turn ASC off.

On not so perfect roads, the suspension holds up fine. I avoid bad roads because I read that the tire walls not hold up to well against not so deep potholes. No point in taking the chance if you can avoid bad roads.

Overall I'd say its a blast to daily drive, never a boring experience. Suspension and ride are smooth. If you're considering getting once be sure to test drive and find out for yourself.
Old 11-20-16, 07:54 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Logic83
I daily drive my 16 GSF and it is a very smooth ride. Approximately 3k miles and I picked it up in August. Coming off of a few Acura's I can tell you it's much smoother. Even in sport+ and Hooligan mode. You get a bit of noise in sport + but I love it and car does't feel stiff. You can turn ASC off.

On not so perfect roads, the suspension holds up fine. I avoid bad roads because I read that the tire walls not hold up to well against not so deep potholes. No point in taking the chance if you can avoid bad roads.

Overall I'd say its a blast to daily drive, never a boring experience. Suspension and ride are smooth. If you're considering getting once be sure to test drive and find out for yourself.
Thanks so much for this response. I feel better now. I already am getting a 16 just have to go pick it up. Unfortunately in NY bad roads are everywhere lol, especially in winter. So ill throw on some winters and hope for the best. Luckily i don't have a far commute
Old 11-20-16, 08:44 AM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shivad87
Thanks so much for this response. I feel better now. I already am getting a 16 just have to go pick it up. Unfortunately in NY bad roads are everywhere lol, especially in winter. So ill throw on some winters and hope for the best. Luckily i don't have a far commute
Congrats on your new Lexus!
What color combo did you get?
Old 11-20-16, 08:46 AM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Question

Congrats on your new Lexus!
What color combo did you get?
Thank you!

I am getting a Ultrasonic Blue/Circut Red.

What combo do you have? also any tips advice on the GSF? I am eagerly counting down the days until i take delivery lol
Old 11-20-16, 09:32 AM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

I have the nebula grey / circuit red combo. Orange calipers

Treat it well! First thing I did was take all the dealer detailing off and put my own detailing on the car. Did a good coat of sealant as well. Check the forums on the fuel pump issues as well. Though I haven't gotten it fixed, I haven't noticed any issues with it. Since you're getting your's during the wintertime, I'd look into some good winter coats. I've heard glass coatings are the new thing now but haven't researched it yet (waiting to exhaust my current set up)

I hear you can take the initial flash screen on your GPS off or change it to a picture of your choosing. I prefer not to have the dealer logo on my gps startup. Still tinkering.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR ALCANTARA!! Don't let it get too dusty or dirty, or wet. It's a pain to clean. Consistent cleaning will save you time in the long run.
Old 11-21-16, 11:07 PM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Treat it well! First thing I did was take all the dealer detailing off and put my own detailing on the car. Did a good coat of sealant as well. Check the forums on the fuel pump issues as well. Though I haven't gotten it fixed, I haven't noticed any issues with it. Since you're getting your's during the wintertime, I'd look into some good winter coats. I've heard glass coatings are the new thing now but haven't researched it yet (waiting to exhaust my current set up)

I hear you can take the initial flash screen on your GPS off or change it to a picture of your choosing. I prefer not to have the dealer logo on my gps startup. Still tinkering.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR ALCANTARA!! Don't let it get too dusty or dirty, or wet. It's a pain to clean. Consistent cleaning will save you time in the long run.
i love the nebula grey color but ended up with ultra white coz my daughter loves the ultra white. Where are you in Texas Logic83, I have not seen a single GSF driving here in Houston although quite a bit of GSFs has been sold.
Old 11-23-16, 10:24 AM
Squischer
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How do you care for the Alcantara? Is it that much of a pain?
Old 11-23-16, 01:48 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

The manufacturers of Alcantara say this:
Attached Files
Old 11-24-16, 06:05 PM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The manufacturers of Alcantara say this:
This is correct. Maintain your daily cleaning. Only takes a few mins.
Old 11-24-16, 06:07 PM
Logic83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bzguy78
i love the nebula grey color but ended up with ultra white coz my daughter loves the ultra white. Where are you in Texas Logic83, I have not seen a single GSF driving here in Houston although quite a bit of GSFs has been sold.
I am in HOUSTON!! Spring area to be specific. I have yet to see a GSF at all. The only F I've seen is an RCF and it was on the Hardy Toll Road.
Old 11-26-16, 07:41 PM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I am in HOUSTON!! Spring area to be specific. I have yet to see a GSF at all. The only F I've seen is an RCF and it was on the Hardy Toll Road.
Logic83, great to hear from a Houston owner, I actually saw a Caviar GSF along 59N in Kingwood during Thanksgiving maybe making a 100 easy as it pass us on my wife's van like nothing and also another Matador red GSF in Clear Lake area but it turned quick in Bay Area boulevard so could not catch up. RCF's are everywhere. I'm in Baytown by the way.
Old 11-29-16, 05:49 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is my daily driver as well, my previous cars have been an 06 IS250, 09 GS450...i feel as if it handles very well, my new born can stay asleep despite road conditions..lol
Old 11-29-16, 07:02 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

so far car rides pretty good. a little stiff on imperfect roads, but thats too be expected. Its also kinda cold here, so I'm sure the suspension is stiffer cus of that too
Old 12-27-16, 02:27 PM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate to bring old threads up, but I have a question:

How does the ride compare to the is 350 f sport in normal or eco mode?

I'm interested in the GSF since its I found some deals where the car costs little more than the fully optioned gs luxury package. I had enough of harsh rides with my 3is since the roads in my country always find a way to surprise you!

Quick Reply: Ride quality of 16 GS-F