GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Fuel pump issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-17, 01:15 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
I didnt really hear the noise on mine but from all the RCF owners saying how much better the car felt after the reflash, i had my dealer update mine.

I can agree with the other guys that the car seems to be smoother, as if it knows what gears its supposed to be in now and the power feels more linear as appose to shifting and trying to find the right gear... I only drove it back so not much time with the re flash but it seems much better with it done
ok I dont know what happen but I took my car out today and decided to have some fun in sport plus mode and the transmission felt all screwed up... in sport plus mode it would up shift fast and not hold gears like it used too, there is a lag once i left off a little then re-engage the pedal it takes a second to get power again?!?

It feels like all the lag people complained about before the reflash is now effecting my car after the reflash was done.

has anyone had the reflash done and noticed that it was worse than before?

now it feels slow and clunky and im pissed!
Old 04-17-17, 08:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

The flash is for the ECM, not the TCU. Anyone claiming a change in transmission behavior isn't understanding the process. The ECM gets reset (not the TCU!) when the flash is done, and in some cases the battery gets disconnected to reset the ECM after the flash is complete (this is all in the Service Bulletin). So you are starting with fresh on the ECM and it will revert to the original default parameters for many things. Over time, it will relearn and adapt.

There is NOTHING in the reflash for the transmission at all. Only the fuel pump operating parameters.
Old 04-17-17, 11:26 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The flash is for the ECM, not the TCU. Anyone claiming a change in transmission behavior isn't understanding the process. The ECM gets reset (not the TCU!) when the flash is done, and in some cases the battery gets disconnected to reset the ECM after the flash is complete (this is all in the Service Bulletin). So you are starting with fresh on the ECM and it will revert to the original default parameters for many things. Over time, it will relearn and adapt.

There is NOTHING in the reflash for the transmission at all. Only the fuel pump operating parameters.
thanks loubxracer for the info, thats what i thought its an ECM update and not a TCU update but i didnt realize they would reset the ECM to factory... I will go out for some aggresive driving and see if it comes back to normal. I did baby it after the update so maybe it needs to get kicked ... hopefully it comes back to normal and holds gears and there is no lag in pedal after some driving time...

i will report back,

thanks again for your info, i know you know these Fs well
Old 04-24-17, 06:47 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
thanks loubxracer for the info, thats what i thought its an ECM update and not a TCU update but i didnt realize they would reset the ECM to factory... I will go out for some aggresive driving and see if it comes back to normal. I did baby it after the update so maybe it needs to get kicked ... hopefully it comes back to normal and holds gears and there is no lag in pedal after some driving time...

i will report back,

thanks again for your info, i know you know these Fs well
update: been driving the car more and all seems to be going back to normal. The gears are starting to hold longer and the car is "adapting" back to what I was used to. Its been about 300 miles... so if anyone else experiences this power loss and rapid tranny upshifting after reflash it will come back to normal.
Old 05-12-17, 06:13 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had the same noise issue. Dealer peformed the update and all is good now.
Old 09-15-17, 10:47 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 93 Likes on 73 Posts

Is this TSB worth having done if I haven't noticed the sound or had any issues yet? I'm at about 5.5k miles.
Old 09-15-17, 12:14 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

If you have no sound, I might suggest just waiting until your next service and state you hear the sound after 40 minutes of driving around town. I doubt the dealership will want to pay a tech that long to drive and listen but I was told they would not reflash mine when I had asked to have it done as a preventative measure with a complimentary oil change. 3500 miles later, I got the whirling sound and had to make a special trip back which I was not too thrilled about.
The following users liked this post:
Teutonic (09-16-17)