GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF aftermarket exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-17, 11:33 AM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone here adapted the rcf borla cat back system for their GSF?
Old 03-25-17, 12:50 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^If you really are that interested in the Borla, I'm sure you could do this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...own-hands.html

Lou
Old 03-26-17, 09:52 AM
IMCHIA
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I think the Borla would sound great on the GSF as well. I have an RCF with the Borla and met up with both BZguy78 and RobEQ. They were really nice dudes. They were able to hear both the Borla and Apexi exhaust in person. Excited to see the exhaust setup they choose!
Old 03-26-17, 04:21 PM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Reply

Originally Posted by IMCHIA
I think the Borla would sound great on the GSF as well. I have an RCF with the Borla and met up with both BZguy78 and RobEQ. They were really nice dudes. They were able to hear both the Borla and Apexi exhaust in person. Excited to see the exhaust setup they choose!
thanks for the kind words Imchia, both me and RobEQ went with Apexi, for me I just have the Apexi axleback for now and still waiting for my Meister midpipe. The wait on the meister is too long, i was going to get the axleback too but I don't think I can wait another 6-8 months. Plus there is not really much too choose from exhaust wise, Greddy is like stock sound and Lems and Novel is just absurdly too expensive. But i'm happy with the Apexi, looks and sound wise.

Last edited by Bzguy78; 03-26-17 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Edit
Old 03-26-17, 06:19 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone have experience adapting rcf cat back exhausts for the GSF? Pretty set on putting the borla system on mine...any advice on additional welds, or capable installers in the northeast would be MUCH appreciated
Old 03-26-17, 07:38 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Go to the link in my post #32 above.

Lou
Old 03-27-17, 11:23 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TheREKing
Does anyone have experience adapting rcf cat back exhausts for the GSF? Pretty set on putting the borla system on mine...any advice on additional welds, or capable installers in the northeast would be MUCH appreciated
Why not buy the exhaust made for the GS F, by the time you buy the borla and modify it to fit, you'll end up spending more. That is if you find someone that has mandrel bend pipes that can tig weld properly. Not just some random muffler shop
They will need to extend the axle back section or replace the pipes completely and the mid/center pipe has to be extended also, not the mention the hangers

I do have the apex -i with stainless tips on sale (blow out) if you want it
Old 03-27-17, 12:48 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

The Borla system is undoubtedly, 110%, more aurally appealing than the apexi. Thanks for your input.

Joe
Old 03-27-17, 02:02 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

The Borla system is undoubtedly, 110%, more aurally appealing than the apexi. Thanks for your input.

Joe
I think the greddy axle back with apex mid pipe is what your looking for It will sound way more exotic... at least IMHO. i have the greddy now and im waiting for my apex i mid pipe
Old 03-27-17, 06:23 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Hey MOJ,

What is your reasoning in the Greddy + Apexi combo sounding better than full apexi system?

From my research, I have found the Greddy to be very disappointing in sound. Nearly stock.

As of today, I am scheduled to meet with a custom fabricator to splice borla Atak mufflers onto a new midpipe. I will post a video once it is done, if this is the route I go. I think this will sound very nice

I should note...my goal with new exhaust note is to create a deep, raspy v8 sound (armytrix/musa esque). Not like compressed system from apexi or novel. This is why I like the Borla. Much better price than armytrix/meisterschaft too :$

thanks,
joe
The following users liked this post:
13FSPORT (03-27-17)
Old 03-28-17, 09:54 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Hey MOJ,

What is your reasoning in the Greddy + Apexi combo sounding better than full apexi system?

From my research, I have found the Greddy to be very disappointing in sound. Nearly stock.

As of today, I am scheduled to meet with a custom fabricator to splice borla Atak mufflers onto a new midpipe. I will post a video once it is done, if this is the route I go. I think this will sound very nice

I should note...my goal with new exhaust note is to create a deep, raspy v8 sound (armytrix/musa esque). Not like compressed system from apexi or novel. This is why I like the Borla. Much better price than armytrix/meisterschaft too :$

thanks,
joe
Im not saying the greddy/apex sounds better than the full apex. I personally like a little more tame yet exotic sound. The video's out there don't do justice on how well the Greddy GSF mufflers actually sound unless you hear it in person. The addition of any aftermarket mid pipe will just amplify the exhaust note due to the removal of the secondary CAT and smaller resonators.

My point was if you get the RC F borla exhaust at going rate, plus fabrication of mid pipe, axle back including hangers and such to fit the GS F, it might end up costing you more.
but if your happy with the BORLA mufflers, I say go for it
Old 03-28-17, 09:58 AM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info MOJ
Old 03-30-17, 09:36 PM
tomsgsf
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

i am still waiting for my GTHAUS exhaust
Old 03-31-17, 08:55 PM
Bzguy78
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tomsgsf
i am still waiting for my GTHAUS exhaust
thats going to be nice and loud, that's the reason why I did not go with GTHaus because their wait time is just absurd and I am usually a patient person and use to the JDM wait. But their lead times keeps on changing which I hate most of all.
Old 04-02-17, 08:55 PM
TheREKing
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Anyone have the Meisterschaft/Musa GSF midpipe (stainless) in stock? Please PM price shipped to 01778 if so.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: GSF aftermarket exhaust