GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Just picked up a GS-F (ex-F10 M5 owner)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-16, 01:07 PM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well Spoken Brotha! !
Hoping to get the Hitman in a Suit (GSF) in a Cple of Months ....This Excellent Review u Kindly Wrote 4 us Mortals (Non Gsf Drivers ) Greatly appreciate it ..Keep the Pics Coming .Any Kind of Mods u have Planned ?? Congrats ////"
Old 04-27-16, 10:10 AM
ALtin107
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the F and great review! I had a 2014 GS 350 F Sport and while it drove great I'm sure the F just takes it up a big notch.
Old 04-27-16, 11:19 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Yes, congrats and great review.

Glad to hear the GSF can hold on it's own despite the lower hp.

Hopefully the next gen will even be greater.
Old 04-27-16, 12:55 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Yes, congrats and great review.

Glad to hear the GSF can hold on it's own despite the lower hp.

Hopefully the next gen will even be greater.
The GSF hooks up so well and is so smooth and easy to drive at low RPM, I really don't think i would want any more horsepower out of it. And i am a horsepower junky! I love crazy fast engines, but not on this car. The 5.0 pulls HARD in the upper range yet is luxury smooth like an LS in normal driving. Its just the right balance.
Old 04-27-16, 12:59 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Originally Posted by 3ivato
Well Spoken Brotha! !
Hoping to get the Hitman in a Suit (GSF) in a Cple of Months ....This Excellent Review u Kindly Wrote 4 us Mortals (Non Gsf Drivers ) Greatly appreciate it ..Keep the Pics Coming .Any Kind of Mods u have Planned ?? Congrats ////"
Thanks! No mods planned. The M3 is for modding. Its loud, violent and has the proper 6spd manual. The GSF is a nearly perfect luxury car with a very well hidden rage that is on tap only when you want it to be. If anything, If someone comes out with some tuning for the transmission i would be open to that. the 8spd auto is good but not anywhere close to BMW's damn near perfectly tuned 8spd auto i'm used to in my other cars.
Old 04-27-16, 01:03 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Originally Posted by ALtin107
Congrats on the F and great review! I had a 2014 GS 350 F Sport and while it drove great I'm sure the F just takes it up a big notch.
It really does. I drove the GS350 F sport and did not like it at all. It felt like a Camry to me. It really did not have that high end feel like i expected. It was nice to look at and comfortable but not for me. If i had not test driven the GSF i would have stuck with my 340i order for sure. The GSF takes everything up 4 notches. Body stiffness, suspension, road noise, interior, handling and of course the sweet 5.0 Yamaha V8! But the engine is actually low on the list of improvements over the GS 350. It really does feel like an entirely different class of car. It feels 30k more expensive. Even the seats are AMAZING in the GSF.
Old 04-27-16, 06:14 PM
Savjam
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by RayKnight
The GSF hooks up so well and is so smooth and easy to drive at low RPM, I really don't think i would want any more horsepower out of it. And i am a horsepower junky! I love crazy fast engines, but not on this car. The 5.0 pulls HARD in the upper range yet is luxury smooth like an LS in normal driving. Its just the right balance.
This characteristic is what I like about Lexus. They do this balance better than most car companies.

Savjam
Old 04-27-16, 09:43 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Even the seats are AMAZING in the GSF.
This kinda surprised me. The seats look amazing, but then I saw how they were barely adjustable compared to my F Sport. I think mine are 16 way seats including the thigh extension. The F has what, a **** with 4 directions and a two way switch? Either the seat design is super perfect so they don't need to be adjusted, or they wanted to save weight.
Old 04-27-16, 10:17 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
This kinda surprised me. The seats look amazing, but then I saw how they were barely adjustable compared to my F Sport. I think mine are 16 way seats including the thigh extension. The F has what, a **** with 4 directions and a two way switch? Either the seat design is super perfect so they don't need to be adjusted, or they wanted to save weight.
They are 10 way adjustable but man.. You need to sit in one. These are by far the best seats i've sat in. I've driven my share of Bentleys, Jags, Mercs, BMWs, you name it. These ones are just perfect. They are completely different seats vs the GS350. I do wish the lumbar could adjust up and down and i wish the side bolsters were adjustable but really, its so comfortable i can't complain!

Things that are missing that it really should have are rear climate controls, rear seat heaters, a dual climate button (so you don't have to go through 3 menu screens to find it), a **** to scroll through your music (its painfully slow to find a certain song on your USB), Some adjustable color ambient lighting would be nice in this price range and would not add weight, a better HUD with quick music selection, full navigation, full time speed limit info and a tach like BMW M cars have (with the M button pressed). Also i am surprised there is no power rear sunshade. All for weight savings i suppose.
Old 04-29-16, 01:59 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

great review. esp since you have experience with is-f, f10 and f80 platforms!
Old 04-29-16, 02:09 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

They are 10 way adjustable but man.. You need to sit in one. These are by far the best seats i've sat in. I've driven my share of Bentleys, Jags, Mercs, BMWs, you name it. These ones are just perfect. They are completely different seats vs the GS350. I do wish the lumbar could adjust up and down and i wish the side bolsters were adjustable but really, its so comfortable i can't complain!

Things that are missing that it really should have are rear climate controls, rear seat heaters, a dual climate button (so you don't have to go through 3 menu screens to find it), a **** to scroll through your music (its painfully slow to find a certain song on your USB), Some adjustable color ambient lighting would be nice in this price range and would not add weight, a better HUD with quick music selection, full navigation, full time speed limit info and a tach like BMW M cars have (with the M button pressed). Also i am surprised there is no power rear sunshade. All for weight savings i suppose.
Although still clunky compared to a ****, you should be able to use the arrows on the mouse controller to go through songs. Holding the arrow will give you some decent scrolling.
Old 04-29-16, 10:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Actually, the one's sold in Canada come standard with rear climate control panel that pops out of the center arm rest. It also has a little illuminated screen. Looks very neat.
Old 05-01-16, 04:19 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Actually, the one's sold in Canada come standard with rear climate control panel that pops out of the center arm rest. It also has a little illuminated screen. Looks very neat.
I think thats what we can get here on the non f-sport GS models only.

Add to my wish it had list:
Heated steering wheel
2x bigger fuel tank.
Old 05-01-16, 04:21 PM
RayKnight
Driver

Originally Posted by yardie876
Although still clunky compared to a ****, you should be able to use the arrows on the mouse controller to go through songs. Holding the arrow will give you some decent scrolling.
Not really because its super slow and plays songs automatically. So as it sorts through it tries to play each one. On BMWs, you can use a scroller on the steering wheel and your music list shows on the HUD. You can quickly find the song you want and hit play to select it. Nothing close on the Lexus system. No menu to find and sort through. Just flick the scroll wheel and its as fast as finding music on your phone.
Old 05-02-16, 02:24 AM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think thats what we can get here on the non f-sport GS models only.

Add to my wish it had list:
Heated steering wheel
2x bigger fuel tank.
Heated steering wheel is also standard along with rear climate control in Canada. There is no cure for the fuel tank size though.

It's also odd that orange brake calipers come standard, but the interior trim is a dark wood trim instead of carbon fiber.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a GS-F (ex-F10 M5 owner)