GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

How many of us are waiting for GSF price drop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-16, 03:16 PM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS35014
I think its due to ruble value....
That doesn't make sense mathematically.

Low lease payment can be attributed to low interest rate, high residual value, longer lease term, higher payment frequency, large dealer discount, or a large down payment.

Without knowing all the parameters, it's actually hard to say if $680 is a "good deal". What if that is bi-weekly for 60 months with $12,000 down?
Old 04-09-16, 11:52 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me! I'd love one for the right price and this car would carry me till retirement. Woot. Sadly, unless this car drops into the 65K territory it won't be happening. Maybe used. But Tesla is looking mighty tempting. No gas stations EVER. Liking the thought of that.
Old 04-10-16, 06:32 AM
8spd
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Me! I'd love one for the right price and this car would carry me till retirement. Woot. Sadly, unless this car drops into the 65K territory it won't be happening. Maybe used. But Tesla is looking mighty tempting. No gas stations EVER. Liking the thought of that.
I thoroughly enjoyed driving the P85D, but a few things you gotta be aware of before buying a Tesla.

1. The company flip-flops on its policy. Look at what happened to the Ranger program where they come to you to service your car.

Do a search on the "Supercharger Letter".

Also initially if you don't service your Tesla regularly you lose your warranty, now the sales rep actually encourage the opposite.

2. Drive motor noise issue doesn't seem to have a permanent fix. Some received multiple replacements and some were told to live with it

3. You might not need to buy any more gas, but you might need a battery replacement down the road, which will be costly. It's just a matter of thousands of dollars, or tens of thousands of dollars.

In fact, if you run into trouble with the air suspension, drive motor, battery, center console screen or whatever... You will be at the mercy of Tesla.

4. You cannot buy a replacement body panel from Tesla and have your preferred bodyshop work on the car. Tesla have designated bodyshops and will only sell body panels and parts to these Tesla approved shops.

5. A particular Tesla Forum that I used to lurk was so heavily moderated that many anti-Tesla threads were removed and swept under the rug.

There were many "fanboy" like characters that seems to think that Tesla can do no wrong. Perhaps they invested heavily in Tesla stocks and that brings a degree of bias? Felt more like a cult than a car forum over there sometimes.

Still though, the car is crazy fast off the line and that was just the Insane Mode. I really do like the Model S, but at that price I expect more on the interior fit and finish.
Old 04-10-16, 10:27 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8spd
I thoroughly enjoyed driving the P85D, but a few things you gotta be aware of before buying a Tesla.

1. The company flip-flops on its policy. Look at what happened to the Ranger program where they come to you to service your car.

Also initially if you don't service your Tesla regularly you lose your warranty, now the sales rep actually encourage the opposite.

2. Drive motor noise issue doesn't seem to have a permanent fix. Some received multiple replacements and some were told to live with it

3. You might not need to buy any more gas, but you might need a battery replacement down the road, which will be costly. It's just a matter of thousands of dollars, or tens of thousands of dollars.

In fact, if you run into trouble with the air suspension, drive motor, battery, center console screen or whatever... You will be at the mercy of Tesla.

4. You cannot buy a replacement body panel from Tesla and have your preferred bodyshop work on the car. Tesla have designated bodyshops and will only sell body panels and parts to these Tesla approved shops.

5. A particular Tesla Forum that I used to lurk was so heavily moderated that many anti-Tesla threads were removed and swept under the rug.

There were many "fanboy" like characters that seems to think that Tesla can do no wrong. Perhaps they invested heavily in Tesla stocks and that brings a degree of bias? Felt more like a cult than a car forum over there sometimes.

Still though, the car is crazy fast off the line and that was just the Insane Mode. I really do like the Model S, but at that price I expect more on the interior fit and finish.
Thanks for the insight. Something to chew on & think a bit.
Old 04-10-16, 12:58 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 8spd

Biggest problem. No sound of a v8..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-11-16, 09:45 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default April GSF Pricing

The info above was for lexus sacremento specifically but im sure its nationwide.

Looks like they are offering 1k conquest cash and 3k rebate offer and they can be combined for 4k off.

Also a leasing special, doesnt look like a good value but at least its a start and usually most can negotitate a better lease deal.

Seems lexus is stepping up and trying to get these GS-Fs moved (all 525 listed on cars dot com )

some people have been able to get 10k off msrp which would be in line with the 5k off they offered from the beginning of selling the car and combined with the 4k cash back incentives.

10k really brings the GS-F to at least a competitive price (78k) given it comes fully loaded and the competition in the performence mid size sedan class.

Last edited by Rrgirgis; 04-11-16 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 04-11-16, 01:52 PM
3ivato
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep ..It's a Start!!!!.Waiting until of the Year or a Super Sick Deal to Come up .Whatever happens First .. (Patience is the Virtue of ALL Man)
Old 04-11-16, 06:18 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

even with 10 grand off msrp, its still a car that was made for 2012. Out of date now in a big way.
I wait and see what they do in 2018
Old 04-12-16, 10:59 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

In No. GA they just offered me $3K discount over the phone and when I said that was not enough to get me to come in I was told they have a little more "wiggle room". I asked how much and she said about $500 so that is a start. My fear is anything greater, they will just cut that off the potential trade-in so it is now the waiting game and hoping the GSF follows the RCF discount trend as the year end draws closer.

$10K discount would certainly get me into the dealership to talk.
Old 04-12-16, 12:14 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
In No. GA they just offered me $3K discount over the phone and when I said that was not enough to get me to come in I was told they have a little more "wiggle room". I asked how much and she said about $500 so that is a start. My fear is anything greater, they will just cut that off the potential trade-in so it is now the waiting game and hoping the GSF follows the RCF discount trend as the year end draws closer.

$10K discount would certainly get me into the dealership to talk.
Which dealer was this? I'm in GA too and will probably start trying to negotiate a deal this weekend. I'm curious to see how badly they want to move their inventory.
Old 04-14-16, 12:55 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Hennessy of Duluth. They have two; silver on red (which I really like) and black on black.

Let me know what you come up with please.
Old 04-14-16, 02:52 PM
PMan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Hennessy of Duluth. They have two; silver on red (which I really like) and black on black.

Let me know what you come up with please.
Will do. I'm gonna try Nalley Lexus in Roswell. They have 7...
Old 04-14-16, 05:02 PM
JaponesV8
Driver

The sooner you guys start buying/leasing....the closer I'll be to getting a new used card
Old 04-15-16, 07:04 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

In the other thread, *guy bought GS-F in MA*, someone mentioned that NJ dealers all have 10K$ off GSF... is that true?

Locally I am seeing 5-8k only, and I want some more off, to jump into it.
Old 04-15-16, 08:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
In the other thread, *guy bought GS-F in MA*, someone mentioned that NJ dealers all have 10K$ off GSF... is that true?

Locally I am seeing 5-8k only, and I want some more off, to jump into it.
ryan you considering the car if it's 10k off?

Quick Reply: How many of us are waiting for GSF price drop?