GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

First GS f owner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicWing
It's interesting that you have an M4 and yet you're considering the GS F as a potential next car (when the price is right). Most people don't think that the M4 buyer is also interested in the GS F. I too like the GS F, despite it's power shortcomings. I've been shopping it against an AMG C63 S, as it has more in common with the GS F than the AMG E63 does. The difference in horsepower between a GS F and C63 S is 36hp, and both MSRP for about $87k loaded (though the GS F is even more loaded). Many compare the Lexus to the M5, E63, etc because of size but those cars are far more expensive.

I've driven both the C63 S and the GS F. Both are awesome cars. The AMG is faster to 60 by about half a second, which you can feel. But both are quick. Both sound amazing. Both have lots of nice tech, beautiful interiors, great handling, etc. I pushed on both cars during my drives, and they made me smile. The Lexus lacks some low end torque, which we all know. But I'm not sure how much that matters. It's a beautiful car.

For now I've ruled out the CTS V, ATS V, Charger Hellcat, the Bimmers, and others for various reasons. Those are all amazing cars. I am well aware of the car landscape, but have narrowed in on these two cars at the moment. I'm looking for an overall package of luxury, reliability, looks (which are subjective), features, etc.

So.... Assume that both the AMG and the Lexus can each be had for around 5k under MSRP. Each will drop in price the longer I wait, so let's just pretend that they're always going for about the same price. Which would you buy? Thanks!
when i had the m3 (e93), i was shopping for m5 already and ended up with s550.

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
I have a E63 AMG with now 38,000 miles
Purchased new

We really like our RCF thus I have been thinking of either waiting for new body E class or pulling trigger on GSF granted prices go down as they sit
what year? hehe maybe when you sell you can let me know
Old 02-08-16, 10:16 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
what year? hehe maybe when you sell you can let me know
Hope all is well with you my friend
We met in person in your office almost 10-12 years ago

2012 E63
Old 02-09-16, 08:39 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

A few have sold at my local dealership, so they are out in the wild now.
Old 02-09-16, 09:12 PM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new baby

Old 02-10-16, 07:46 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

^^
Congrats
beautiful car

very toned down in that color
Old 02-10-16, 10:40 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

gorgeous car!! enjoy!
Old 02-11-16, 07:17 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats...
Old 02-13-16, 01:11 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

That black looks sweeeeeeeet. congrats
Old 02-13-16, 02:12 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

jalaszko - Sweet ride. Huge congrats!
Old 02-13-16, 10:32 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw my first one at the movies, tonite. the owner was gracious and appreciated me asking about the car. it was black with the orange calipers. looks great in person...
Old 02-14-16, 03:56 AM
IS-Fuji
Driver School Candidate

Default Drove one yesterday .. Love it !

Long story short it's amazing. I love it compared to the f sport I have now it's unreal. The sound the acceleration comfort handling ..Did not take one home however due to the extreme price. Will wait for a good deal !!
Old 02-14-16, 07:58 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-Fuji
Long story short it's amazing. I love it compared to the f sport I have now it's unreal. The sound the acceleration comfort handling ..Did not take one home however due to the extreme price. Will wait for a good deal !!
I just took home a 2015 RCF for 59,000 before ttl. Original 72,480 msrp plus 699 dealer fee. So altogether 19.9% discount. The GSF will drop that much or more by year end.
Attached Thumbnails First GS f owner?-image.jpeg  

Last edited by ssmoked; 02-14-16 at 08:07 AM.
Old 02-14-16, 11:39 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I just took home a 2015 RCF for 59,000 before ttl. Original 72,480 msrp plus 699 dealer fee. So altogether 19.9% discount. The GSF will drop that much or more by year end.
Congrats on the amazing deal!!

What dealer did you buy it from, was there a lot of haggiling to get that price?

Hope the GS-F follows suit sooner than later!
Old 02-15-16, 07:14 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Congrats on the amazing deal!!

What dealer did you buy it from, was there a lot of haggiling to get that price?

Hope the GS-F follows suit sooner than later!
I ultimately bought from Lexus of Palm beach. I started quoting online and dealers are desperate to sell, especially the northern states. A dealer in MO offered to ship it for free, offer $860 check, sell it for $59k with a slight higher sticker than my car. I didn't pull the trigger bc it's white and plain. I'm sure if you deal over the phone or email you can get far better deals than walk in.
While at Palm beach Lexus, I asked the salesman if GSF are moving, he shook his head so hard it almost rolled off. He said it's not going to move until Lexus offer some heavy weight discounts.
Old 02-15-16, 04:31 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssmoked
I ultimately bought from Lexus of Palm beach. I started quoting online and dealers are desperate to sell, especially the northern states. A dealer in MO offered to ship it for free, offer $860 check, sell it for $59k with a slight higher sticker than my car. I didn't pull the trigger bc it's white and plain. I'm sure if you deal over the phone or email you can get far better deals than walk in.
While at Palm beach Lexus, I asked the salesman if GSF are moving, he shook his head so hard it almost rolled off. He said it's not going to move until Lexus offer some heavy weight discounts.
Thats how i usually end up with the best deals too, just internet dealer pricing wars

Thats great news! Well hopefully the GS-F's just keep sitting until lexus can price them better.

the GS-F inventory just keeps climbing everyday, cars.com is almost at 300 across the nation. I wonder how long lexus will wait before the heavy weight discounts kick in??

Quick Reply: First GS f owner?