GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-16, 08:44 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't think Lexus will come out with any incentives on the GSF unless it's close to the end of the proudction year and there are still tons remaining. Seems that they built all the GSF's in one shot and they'll let them sit at the dealers which won't affect the corporate aspect.
Old 02-09-16, 01:56 AM
audis886
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking to trade in my 15 GS350 for the GSF as soon as they have some incentives, 87k MSRP is kinda overpriced for this car, if they can knock down like 8-10 grand, I would pull the trigger
Old 02-09-16, 08:22 AM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by audis886
I am thinking to trade in my 15 GS350 for the GSF as soon as they have some incentives, 87k MSRP is kinda overpriced for this car, if they can knock down like 8-10 grand, I would pull the trigger
10k minimum and even that is a bit of a stretch at 77k.

If this was 69,900 it would be a sell out.

@ 74-75k They would still be moving them... but at 87k

of course there will be those special few who cant wait pull the trigger and only realize their mistake 10 months down the road when they start discounting 9-12k off..

hell some dealers are already offering 5k off in hopes that will get some moving. but doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

Patience will benefit us all that plan to make a purchase on one of these...
Old 02-09-16, 12:03 PM
audis886
Driver

Originally Posted by Jrocket

of course there will be those special few who cant wait pull the trigger and only realize their mistake 10 months down the road when they start discounting 9-12k off..

hell some dealers are already offering 5k off in hopes that will get some moving. but doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

well, honestly speaking, i think the reason why they're pricing it at 87k because some high end sedan like Maserati Ghibli SQ4 starting MSRP at 81k, and that's without backup sensor or no blind spot sensor, and it has lesser HP than the GSF
Old 02-09-16, 02:17 PM
Jrocket
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by audis886
well, honestly speaking, i think the reason why they're pricing it at 87k because some high end sedan like Maserati Ghibli SQ4 starting MSRP at 81k, and that's without backup sensor or no blind spot sensor, and it has lesser HP than the GSF
Any Car enthusiast worth their Salt knows that the Ghibli is a Joke.. Hello Chrysler Bin Parts..

Sound = Sex

Everything else.. mediocre.. Looks are pretty good.. until you step inside and the power

If that is the car they decided to compare to it slightly shows.. as this GSF is not on Par with the M5 or E63 or RS7... but for some bizzare reason I have a soft spot for the GSF and will heavily consider it in another year after my M4 lease is up as I want to return to a sport Sedan.

Lexus just needs to get real and know its role when it comes to pricing ... 87k is just foolish and it seems to be showing with the lack of sales on the GS F

It's like Cadillac ATS V trying to charge M4 and C63amg prices... they have some time and work to put in before people are gonna spend the same coin on a Cadillac.. Just doesn't have that same presence.

If I ran lexus the GSF and RC F would be so aggressively priced that even if you were thinking M4,C63, RS5 M5 E63 you would have to stop and consider the Lexus based on the Great Pricing and Great performance.. instead of over charging for Average performance for its class.

Just my .02

Last edited by Jrocket; 02-09-16 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-09-16, 04:12 PM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrocket

Around 74 to 77 should be the cap on pricing. 10K off is not a stretch for dealers. The trick is convincing them bite at that price when they prefer the buyer they can pinch at full price.
Old 02-09-16, 07:00 PM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Default The deed is done!

Count me as a GS F fan boy.

88.1k was the price. Would not discount. Low balled on my 2013 GS trade. Negotiated that up.

Sales guy was a good dude and I really like the idea that mine is one of the few on the road....

Caviar/Black Interior/All the options.

Burned 1/4 tank of gas driving the crew through some twisties near the office.....

Happy.
Old 02-09-16, 07:08 PM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by jlaszko

88.1k was the price. Would not discount. Low balled on my 2013 GS trade. Negotiated that up.

Sales guy was a good dude and I really like the idea that mine is one of the few on the road....

Burned 1/4 tank of gas driving the crew through some twisties near the office.....

Happy.

Congrats on getting the GS-F

was 88.1k sale price or OTD?

and where are the pictures of the beast!!!!
Old 02-09-16, 08:51 PM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rrgirgis
Congrats on getting the GS-F

was 88.1k sale price or OTD?

and where are the pictures of the beast!!!!
88.1k was the sale price.

Old 02-09-16, 10:28 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Congrats! Beautiful car. It's always a good feeling to be the first and have a rare car on the road. Live it up while you can. The price shouldn't matter 10k is nothing when you're gonna spend 80k or 90k eventually. All I see is one less trip to Vegas this year and I save that 10k right back. Lol
Old 02-09-16, 10:31 PM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow...that's awesome! Congrats! Orange brake calipers look good with the black.
Old 02-09-16, 10:40 PM
val91
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jlaszko

Happy.

Lots of people on this forum complaining about the price but props to you for getting it regardless of the price. I know I would if I had the money.... just gotta wait a few more years till I can actually afford it.
Old 02-10-16, 12:39 AM
Rrgirgis
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Awesome!

Thanks for posting the pics and the deal!

I want a nebula grey but i cant lie that caviar is one hell of a sharp looking color! If it wasnt for dark colors showing swirl marks so much that would be my color of choice.

I think so far on this forum you are the 3rd or 4th person who has actually bought one; definitely and exclusive club!

Have fun and enjoy!
Old 02-10-16, 07:42 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

If only Lexus would have added AWD to their F cars. It would definitely broaden their appeal. Yes the marketing materials all say a proper feeling sports sedan should be RWD, but heck whats the point if you can't drive it the minute someone spills soda on the road, exaggerating here but you get the idea.
Old 02-10-16, 08:25 AM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by situman
If only Lexus would have added AWD to their F cars. It would definitely broaden their appeal. Yes the marketing materials all say a proper feeling sports sedan should be RWD, but heck whats the point if you can't drive it the minute someone spills soda on the road, exaggerating here but you get the idea.
I gotta tell you- my GS F sure handled a game of "double the suggested" on some twisties like nothing I have ever felt before. Can't imagine AWD doing any better. The variable torque differential literally pushes you through the corner.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for a GS-F (Lease or Purchase)