Notices
GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) Discussion about the 2013 GS models

Buying used gs 350 fsport in toronto, no luck

 
Old 05-12-19, 05:49 AM
  #1  
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying used gs 350 fsport in toronto, no luck

Hey guys, i feel that i am doing something wrong. There are a few problems that exist with acquiring a 2015 or 2016 fsport in toronto right now. The first is that there is a very small amount of them on the market vs. the luxury package which i am not interested in buying. I typically will call and and then visit the dealership (lexus) or 3rd party, but guess what no one wants to even discuss lowering the price. Lexus ken shaw only wanted to drop about $600 on a 50k car! What is going on? Has anyone from Toronto had this experience or from the states? This car must be in demand and resellers must know therefore they overprice the fsport over the luxury model heavily..
Tarmac88 is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 08:58 AM
  #2  
er34
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 674
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
Default

There's just not many GS in the GTA to begin with. I see maybe 1-2 every week.

Factor in our weak currency, wholesalers pick them up and sell in the states. It's definitely the case for GS-F's.
er34 is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 10:11 AM
  #3  
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,338
Received 258 Likes on 196 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by er34 View Post
There's just not many GS in the GTA to begin with. I see maybe 1-2 every week.

Factor in our weak currency, wholesalers pick them up and sell in the states. It's definitely the case for GS-F's.
GTA? Grand Theft Auto V?
peasodos is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 01:03 PM
  #4  
kode3
Driver School Candidate
 
kode3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: California
Posts: 46
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by peasodos View Post
GTA? Grand Theft Auto V?
Greater Toronto Area
kode3 is online now  
Old 05-12-19, 05:22 PM
  #5  
Gold10460
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Tarmac88 View Post
Hey guys, i feel that i am doing something wrong. There are a few problems that exist with acquiring a 2015 or 2016 fsport in toronto right now. The first is that there is a very small amount of them on the market vs. the luxury package which i am not interested in buying. I typically will call and and then visit the dealership (lexus) or 3rd party, but guess what no one wants to even discuss lowering the price. Lexus ken shaw only wanted to drop about $600 on a 50k car! What is going on? Has anyone from Toronto had this experience or from the states? This car must be in demand and resellers must know therefore they overprice the fsport over the luxury model heavily..
Just curious, why are you against the luxury package ? The Fsport has no advantage over it.
Gold10460 is offline  
Old 05-12-19, 10:59 PM
  #6  
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,338
Received 258 Likes on 196 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gold10460 View Post
Just curious, why are you against the luxury package ? The Fsport has no advantage over it.
+1 Why not get the Luxury package then change the bumper to f-sport, suspension if you want it stiffer, rims if that matters to you.

All I can say the seats in the Luxury package are totally worth it and much better than f-sport or standard seats. Unless you really want a red interior.
peasodos is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 05:01 AM
  #7  
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Well know that you guys have asked the question. I am under the impression that the f sport is stiffer ride vs a luxury spec gs 350? I also really dislike the wooden wheel and any wood in the interior. But if i am wrong and the luxury package rides the same as the fsport package, this becomes interesting...
Tarmac88 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 05:34 AM
  #8  
np20412
Lexus Fanatic
 
np20412's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,835
Received 127 Likes on 116 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tarmac88 View Post
Well know that you guys have asked the question. I am under the impression that the f sport is stiffer ride vs a luxury spec gs 350? I also really dislike the wooden wheel and any wood in the interior. But if i am wrong and the luxury package rides the same as the fsport package, this becomes interesting...
F sport is slightly stiffer, especially noticeable in sport+ mode.
np20412 is online now  
Old 05-13-19, 06:31 AM
  #9  
Cwang
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: nsw
Posts: 285
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

Have you considered a GS250 or a GS200T Fsport just to open up your options a little?
Cwang is online now  
Old 05-13-19, 06:34 AM
  #10  
er34
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 674
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cwang View Post
Have you considered a GS250 or a GS200T Fsport just to open up your options a little?
They don't sell those in Canada. And we only get AWD cars except for MY2013.
er34 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 06:47 AM
  #11  
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I figured fsport would be better choice for me as i really enjoy the drive. I am also having a very tough time selecting between the 2015 model, its cheaper, better handling, fuel economy is probably the same as the 2016. Or the 2016, newer face lift but also 7-10k dollar difference depending on where you buy.
Tarmac88 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 06:48 AM
  #12  
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I wonder how many people purchase a 2013-2015 in 2018 and 2019..and did not regret upgrading?
Tarmac88 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 06:59 AM
  #13  
er34
Lead Lap
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 674
Received 117 Likes on 103 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tarmac88 View Post
I wonder how many people purchase a 2013-2015 in 2018 and 2019..and did not regret upgrading?
I have a 2013 F-sport, so call me biased and while the post-refresh look has grown on me, I still prefer the pre-refresh F-sport look over it.

My order of pref: 2013 F-sport, 2016 F-sport, 2016 non-F, 2013 non-F.

Things I kind of wish I had from the newer models - power trunk(2015?), folding mirrors(2014+), updated gauge cluster(2016+ F-sport) - but these are not deal breakers for me, and I'll happily take the savings on a lower mileage car over a newer one with just those added luxuries. It certainly helps this is a solid platform, so generally reliability is not a "growing" concern with the older samples.
er34 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 07:00 AM
  #14  
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Since you are from canada and you are paying canadian gas prices.. Are you finding your 2013 to be a massive gas hog? Also how many miles does your car have?
Tarmac88 is offline  
Old 05-13-19, 07:09 AM
  #15  
JDR76
Lexus Fanatic
 
JDR76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: WA
Posts: 7,166
Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts
Default

After having both the pre and post refreshed models, I will say that I like my 2019 more, but a large part of that is some of the features that my 15 didn't have (triple LED headlights, HUD, power trunk, radar cruise, etc.). I also find it to be quieter and more refined.

With that said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy or recommend a pre-refresh model. I loved my 15 and had the lease end worked out in a way that allowed me to keep it, I would have, and I would have been fine with it.
JDR76 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: