Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, 2016+ seems so much nicer. Here is the car i am looking at right now:

http://preowned.lexus.ca/search#JTHCZ1BL1GA000964

Basically with tax is $50k
Old 05-13-19, 07:31 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

That is definitely a beautiful car. I am not sure about pricing in GTA so I can't add much, though it seems pricey for a 3 year old car.
Old 05-13-19, 10:15 AM
kyuGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by er34
I have a 2013 F-sport, so call me biased and while the post-refresh look has grown on me, I still prefer the pre-refresh F-sport look over it.

My order of pref: 2013 F-sport, 2016 F-sport, 2016 non-F, 2013 non-F.

Things I kind of wish I had from the newer models - power trunk(2015?), folding mirrors(2014+), updated gauge cluster(2016+ F-sport) - but these are not deal breakers for me, and I'll happily take the savings on a lower mileage car over a newer one with just those added luxuries. It certainly helps this is a solid platform, so generally reliability is not a "growing" concern with the older samples.
I own a 2013 F-Sport as well in the GTA, and I share the exact same thoughts as you. I would have like to have the Mark Levinson sound system as well but it that's a rare option to see on a 2013 model year....? That and probably would also appreciate some of the newer driving safety gadgetry found on the newer models as well.

Originally Posted by Tarmac88
Since you are from canada and you are paying canadian gas prices.. Are you finding your 2013 to be a massive gas hog? Also how many miles does your car have?
Looking at prices of premium nearing close to $1.50/L, heart does squirm a bit and find myself filling up whenever the price is lower in the evenings. My car is sitting at 71700~kms and I would say on average I can get 450km/tank - though I have squeezed as much as 522km on 1 tank (that's with the car shouting at me to fill up)
Old 05-13-19, 11:10 AM
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate

I would like everyones input on this and i will do my best to describe how this went today. I decided to go to a used reseller vs. a lexus dealership. They have a 2015 gs 350 f sport.
https://www.capital-cars.ca/certifie...0fc7539b2f.htm

The salesperson is nice, not very pushy, let me examine the car, start it up and etc. The car is detailed and it looks pretty good for 5 years old. Mind you I have never purchased a car before from a reseller always from the dealer. I ask the salesperson if i could drive it and he pitches the line "i can drive it if i am okay with the price, the car has been detailed and we dont want to get it dirty". I figured okay, thats fair. I check tires, brakes, everything looks great, rotors dont have a lip at the edge, tires are practically new, brakes seem to have life, car starts well and interior is in great shape.

We head over back to the office, i ask for a car fax report and history. Mind you, the salesperson pitched the entire time i was looking that this car is clean full history and etc. We sit down to review the car fax and maintenance. Car has been serviced in West Palm Beach Florida twice, but it just states "Service record". Two service records for a car with almost 80,000 km? Salesperson says thats normal, i tell him this car should have had atleast 9-10 service records at each 8,000 km interval. He doesnt have any extra details. At this point he says to me lets take a drive, i begin to ask why someone drove it to florida for an oil change from toronto? Salesperson says just because client was there... Anyways, i get very suspicious and ask him if this is an American car, he doesn't know it was bought in an auction. I thank him for his time and leave.

I am now wondering if this is "normal" to only have 2 service records, 2400km from my city yet he states its a local car. Also, the two service records were about 7 days apart, which didnt make sense. I figure this car, has no records at all. The salesperson wouldn't let me keep the car reports but i got a picture of the vin.

vin:JTHCE1BL2FA000451

Can anyone here run a detailed report on this vin. Is this car worth buying or is this normal?
Old 05-13-19, 11:19 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarmac88
I would like everyones input on this and i will do my best to describe how this went today. I decided to go to a used reseller vs. a lexus dealership. They have a 2015 gs 350 f sport.

The salesperson is nice, not very pushy, let me examine the car, start it up and etc. The car is detailed and it looks pretty good for 5 years old. Mind you I have never purchased a car before from a reseller always from the dealer. I ask the salesperson if i could drive it and he pitches the line "i can drive it if i am okay with the price, the car has been detailed and we dont want to get it dirty". I figured okay, thats fair. I check tires, brakes, everything looks great, rotors dont have a lip at the edge, tires are practically new, brakes seem to have life, car starts well and interior is in great shape.

We head over back to the office, i ask for a car fax report and history. Mind you, the salesperson pitched the entire time i was looking that this car is clean full history and etc. We sit down to review the car fax and maintenance. Car has been serviced in West Palm Beach Florida twice, but it just states "Service record". Two service records for a car with almost 80,000 km? Salesperson says thats normal, i tell him this car should have had atleast 9-10 service records at each 8,000 km interval. He doesnt have any extra details. At this point he says to me lets take a drive, i begin to ask why someone drove it to florida for an oil change from toronto? Salesperson says just because client was there... Anyways, i get very suspicious and ask him if this is an American car, he doesn't know it was bought in an auction. I thank him for his time and leave.

I am now wondering if this is "normal" to only have 2 service records, 2400km from my city yet he states its a local car. Also, the two service records were about 7 days apart, which didnt make sense. I figure this car, has no records at all. The salesperson wouldn't let me keep the car reports but i got a picture of the vin.

Can anyone here run a detailed report on this vin. Is this car worth buying or is this normal?
That car has a Heads Up Display, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Mark Levinson. Blind Spot Monitor, Cold Weather Package(heated steering wheel, windshield deicer, headlight washer), and power trunk. I can tell you that much from just from the pictures.

That's a fully loaded F-Sport, in atomic silver, with good miles for 2015, that is a nice rare GS indeed.
Old 05-13-19, 11:21 AM
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate

Here is the service report i found online. only two of them and they are not 8000km apart at all.

15715 MILES
DATE: 02/19/2016

REPAIR# 0889966
REPORTED BY: Lexus of Palm Beach
SERVICE:
DESCRIPTION: THANK YOU FOR VISITING LEXUS OF PALM BEACH, WHERE 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL. PLEASE CA ~|~THANK YOU FOR VISITING LEXUS OF PALM BEACH, WHERE 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL. PLEASE CALL ME DIRECTLY IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS. USMAN ATHAR (561) 656-5893. ~|~THANK YOU FOR VISITING LEXUS OF PALM BEACH, WHERE 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS MY GOAL. PLEASE CA
SERVICE: INDICATES BRAKE LININGS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION.
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INDICATES TIRES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION.
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INSPECT FRONT AND REAR BRAKE PADS, CALIPERS AND ROTORS
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INSPECT INSTALLATION OF DRIVER\'S FLOOR MAT
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INSPECT WIPER BLADES
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INSPECTION INCLUDED
DESCRIPTION: INSPECTION INCLUDED ~|~INSPECTION INCLUDED ~|~
SERVICE: REPLACE CABIN AIR FILTER
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: REPLACE ENGINE OIL
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: REPLACE ENGINE OIL FILTER
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: RESET SERVICE INDICATOR
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: ROAD TEST
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: SERVICE - 10,000 MILE COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE - SYNTHETIC OIL VEHICLES
DESCRIPTION: SERVICE - 10,000 MILE COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE - SYNTHETIC OIL VEHICLES ~|~SERVICE - 10,000 MILE COMPLIMENTARY SERVICE - SYNTHETIC OIL VEHICLES ~|~MT ~|~15715 50
SERVICE: UNABLE TO DUPLICATE SMELL AT THIS TIME
DESCRIPTION: UNABLE TO DUPLICATE SMELL AT THIS TIME ~|~C/S AT TIMES INSIDE OF THE CAR IT SMEELS LIKE BURNING RUBBER ADVISE ~|~ ~|~15715 COULD NOT DUPLICATE SMELL AT THIS TIME. VARIOUS ITEMS WEDGED UNDER FRONT SEATS, ADVISED.
4705 MILES
DATE: 02/25/2015

REPAIR# 0833655
REPORTED BY: Lexus of Palm Beach
SERVICE: 5,000 MILE LIGHT SERVICE
DESCRIPTION: 5,000 MILE LIGHT SERVICE ~|~5,000 MILE LIGHT SERVICE ~|~5K LIGH ~|~4705 SERVICE 00105L 30 PERFORMED 5K LIGHT. BS-GS350 F SPORT-
SERVICE: CUSTOMER REQUESTS TO HAVE THE MULTI-POINT INSPECTION PERFORMED ON THIS VISIT.
DESCRIPTION: CUSTOMER REQUESTS TO HAVE THE MULTI-POINT INSPECTION PERFORMED ON THIS VISIT. ~|~CUSTOMER REQUESTS TO HAVE THE MULTI-POINT INSPECTION PERFORMED ON THIS VISIT. ~|~
SERVICE: GENERAL REPAIR
DESCRIPTION: GENERAL REPAIR ~|~**MILEAGE IS IN KM (7571 KM) ~|~ ~|~4705 **MILEAGE IS IN KM (7571 KM)
SERVICE: INDICATES BRAKE LININGS ARE IN GOOD CONDITION.
DESCRIPTION:
SERVICE: INDICATES TIRES ARE IN GOOD CONDITION.
DESCRIPTION:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Old 05-13-19, 12:13 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=Tarmac88;10516351]I would like everyones input on this and i will do my best to describe how this went today. I decided to go to a used reseller vs. a lexus dealership. They have a 2015 gs 350 f sport.

Can anyone here run a detailed report on this vin. Is this car worth buying or is this normal?[/QUOTEt

The car was more than likely owned by a older Canadian that stayed in Florida for the winter. Which means that car probably never saw the road salt that’s used on our Ontario roads. My LS460’s previous owner brought it to the Florida for the winter. The service records might be spotty because it’s cheaper not to take it to Lexus. Maybe it was taken to Toyota dealers for service. I recently purchased a 17 CPO GS350 lux @downtownlexus, great car with awesome features.
Old 05-13-19, 02:06 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I don't see anything that would make me suspicious from the history. Looks like a nice car from the pics. Did you look for any signs of a repaint?
Old 05-13-19, 02:09 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

What are the 2 lights on top of the steering column?
Old 05-13-19, 02:14 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
I forget exactly what it was called. A driver attention monitor, basically, monitoring your eyes to make sure you're paying attention. Don't believe it was offered after 2015.
Old 05-13-19, 02:48 PM
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate

Does everyone buy a car with records missing, is this common practice? Do we just assume that while it was on lease people did their service elsewhere (not dealership)?
Old 05-13-19, 03:00 PM
Gold10460
Rookie

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

There’s always the option to buy/lease new.
Old 05-13-19, 03:02 PM
Tarmac88
Driver School Candidate

I have been challenged by the lease vs. buy. I have a set budget of $45k. I would like to own a car since i like to detail it and take care of it on the other hand a 2016 at 45k purchase price will drop an additional $20k in 2-3 more years. Leasing a gs 350 is about 850-900 a month for 48 months, that equals to the $41k. Financially it makes sense to buy the car. What do you think?
Old 05-13-19, 03:05 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
Pre-Crash Sys w/Pre-Brake, Driver's Eye Monitor, and Radar Cruise Control $2000 - Can be identified by radar button on right of steering wheel and box on top of steering column.

[

[
Old 05-13-19, 03:07 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

That car is pretty much loaded. Very desirable...

Quick Reply: Buying used gs 350 fsport in toronto, no luck