New 4GS FSport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-19, 11:17 AM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 4GS FSport Owner

Hi Everyone,
Couldn't find a specific forum for intro threads so I figured this is as good of place as any.

I've been a car enthusiast my whole life. I've always had an affinity for 90's cars and have owned quite a few different models (E30s, S13s, E38, Impreza RS, etc.) I've grown older and my interests have changed. Last couple years I was commuting by bus to work so I sold my daily and focused all my attention to my 2000 Land Cruiser I built for off-roading, camping, fishing and just general mountain exploring. Recently changed jobs and now need a daily that gets at least double digit MPG during traffic :P I also needed something that "looked good" and was fancy enough to take in front of clients as my consulting side-hustle is rapidly picking up.

Enter the 2015 GS350 F-Sport.

I always liked the way these looked and I'm a huge sucker for white on red cars. I found a well priced example in San Diego, ran a CarFax and sent my old man to pick it up for me (work didn't allow me to make it down). He picked her up yesterday and will be driving it up over the next week. Service history is excellent and the interior is spotless. Unfortunately there are a few cosmetic issues on the exterior I'll address, not a huge deal for me.

Pics from dealership site.

Because I will be dailying this and taking it to client meetings (potentially driving clients around), mods will be minimal.
- New tint all around
- Black out all chrome
- Tint front badge
- Black Pearl rear emblem
- OEM Lexus GS all weather mats
- Black out front "bridge" in the bumper
- eBay L-style lip
- Potentially some spacers. I do like the stock wheels though.

Happy to be here, I'm a fan of active and helpful forums.
Old 05-02-19, 11:22 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 413 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by RusoArmo
Hi Everyone,

Because I will be dailying this and taking it to client meetings (potentially driving clients around), mods will be minimal.
- New tint all around
- Black out all chrome
- Tint front badge
- Black Pearl rear emblem
- OEM Lexus GS all weather mats
- Black out front "bridge" in the bumper
- eBay L-style lip
- Potentially some spacers. I do like the stock wheels though.

Happy to be here, I'm a fan of active and helpful forums.
Welcome! Looks a treat, just like mine did when I picked it up. The blackout chrome trim and blackout bumper "bridge" completely change the look of the front end in the right way, and L-style lip (in stock on ebay for $57!) is very subtle and classy - so excellent list of planned mods!
Old 05-02-19, 11:23 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,625 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Congrats and enjoy! I bet you're excited for it to get up here!
Old 05-02-19, 11:24 AM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by np20412
Welcome! Looks a treat, just like mine did when I picked it up. The blackout chrome trim and blackout bumper "bridge" completely change the look of the front end in the right way, and L-style lip (in stock on ebay for $57!) is very subtle and classy - so excellent list of planned mods!
Thank you!

I'm a research nerd so prior to buying the car I lurked around here. Your car specifically was a huge inspiration for what I'd want to do.
The following users liked this post:
np20412 (05-02-19)
Old 05-02-19, 11:33 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Congrats and enjoy the new ride - great color choice
Old 05-02-19, 11:33 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the club!!! You got exactly what I have, except mine is 2014. Assuming your model is RWD since from San Diego.
Old 05-02-19, 11:35 AM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you!

I'm a research nerd so prior to buying the car I lurked around here. Your car specifically was a huge inspiration for what I'd want to do.
Glad to hear it!! I've tried to keep it classy but gave it a bit of my own twist with the CF wrap including some of the non-traditional parts like door handles and mirror bases. Let me know if you have any questions on my set up!

The spacers I have are great for aesthetics but they sure do kick up grime on the lower rear quarter panel. I am considering the mud guards but haven't brought myself to do it yet.
Old 05-02-19, 11:42 AM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Congrats and enjoy! I bet you're excited for it to get up here!
Thank you! Indeed I am I've driven these before so I know what to expect, but always fun to get a new car in the driveway.

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Congrats and enjoy the new ride - great color choice
Thank you! I'm a HUGE sucker for white cars with red leather interior, my favorite combo. Show me a Pinto that's white on red and I'm drooling.

Originally Posted by shurik74
Congrats and welcome to the club!!! You got exactly what I have, except mine is 2014. Assuming your model is RWD since from San Diego.
Thanks! Indeed, RWD. In my experience, I don't need AWD in the Seattle rain. RWD is plenty fine and preferred for me. If the weather gets really bad with snow, I have the Land Cruiser

Originally Posted by np20412
Glad to hear it!! I've tried to keep it classy but gave it a bit of my own twist with the CF wrap including some of the non-traditional parts like door handles and mirror bases. Let me know if you have any questions on my set up!

The spacers I have are great for aesthetics but they sure do kick up grime on the lower rear quarter panel. I am considering the mud guards but haven't brought myself to do it yet.
Yes I like how you went about making the car yours without it looking like a "tuner" for lack of a better word. Hmm interesting. Didn't think about the grime and lack of mud flaps.
Old 05-02-19, 12:11 PM
PlPete
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Not trying to thread jack but just picked up almost a carbon copy of your car. Mine is also a California car that I flew to pick up from a dealer in Indianapolis. 2014 White F Sport with Burgundy interior. My had the middle bridge portion already painted by the previous owner looks like it .I thought you'd like to see what it looks like. I really like the look and makes the front end look slightly closer to the 2016 refresh version.

The RWD was the right move and it can be quite a handful with all the traction control off. I'm keeping mine stock for the most part. I'll probably will go with slightly wider tires and maybe two lower valences on the front bumper instead of a full lip.

Sweet ride and enjoy it. The ML audio you have is also great, especially at higher volumes.

Old 05-02-19, 12:16 PM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Looks great!

I like how it's painted on the bottom portion as well. I'm probably just going to wrap the bridge for now. Maybe try using some knifeless tape and do the bottom portion as well.
Old 05-02-19, 12:25 PM
PlPete
Driver

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks great!

I like how it's painted on the bottom portion as well. I'm probably just going to wrap the bridge for now. Maybe try using some knifeless tape and do the bottom portion as well.
Thanks! Wrapping would definitely be a great option and something I might look at if I want to black out the mirrors and chrome pieces. There is another member on here that did the middle section of the bumper, mirrors, door handles and roof. Essentially looks like the Crafted Edition. Very clean.
Old 05-02-19, 12:27 PM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Yes I believe that was @np20412

His car is very clean and helped inspire my plans/make the purchase
Old 05-02-19, 12:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

I still think the 4GS (13-15) FSport exterior design looks better than the more aggressive 4.5GS (16-19). That car still looks good after all this time.
The following users liked this post:
LexusGSboy (01-29-21)
Old 05-02-19, 12:31 PM
RusoArmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I still think the 4GS (13-15) FSport exterior design looks better than the more aggressive 4.5GS (16-19). That car still looks good after all this time.
I don't think the 4.5GS is a bad looking car by any means. I feel the 13-15 model is more of a "timeless" design; which is where I tend to fall into most categories (clothes, watches, home decor, etc.)
Old 05-02-19, 01:54 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PlPete
Thanks! Wrapping would definitely be a great option and something I might look at if I want to black out the mirrors and chrome pieces. There is another member on here that did the middle section of the bumper, mirrors, door handles and roof. Essentially looks like the Crafted Edition. Very clean.
Yes I believe that was @np20412

His car is very clean and helped inspire my plans/make the purchase
Ya that'd be me!

Quick Reply: New 4GS FSport Owner