GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Can't get comfortable in driver seat!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-19, 09:26 AM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 119 Likes on 92 Posts

The Luxury seats are very comfortable. If you can't get comfortable in these, you're probably not human! (just kidding!)
Old 04-23-19, 12:42 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
When I test drove my '13, I drove a Premium, Lux and an F-Sport version. By far, the Lux had the most comfortable seats (it could be the padding, the leather quality, the additional adjustments, the headrests).

I actually considering doing something similar to @peasodos by replacing the driver/passenger seats with Lux seats but the price is too steep for my budget. And getting great used condition Lux seats in my color (Flaxen) is tough as it is!
I will try to find the Luxury seats, if not I might just go with the F Sport seat. I'd much rather pay $500 for a seat and then sell mine vs buying a new car haha.

Originally Posted by azipod
The Luxury seats are very comfortable. If you can't get comfortable in these, you're probably not human! (just kidding!)

Well I haven't been able to sit in them yet! Hopefully I can get my hands on a Lux driver seat and call it a day.
Old 05-07-19, 01:09 PM
LexinOnEm
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i can tell you coming from infiniti, lexus is hard. i dont mind though its a different feel.
Old 05-07-19, 07:34 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I have the luxury package and, as much as I love my car, I struggle with the seats. They are highly configurable, which seems nice, but I find it tough to get that just-right setting. I've found most other car seats, even much more basic ones, to be more comfortable with minimal adjustment. The exception is a 2018 Honda Accord -- most...uncomfortable...seat...ever and I couldn't go more than 45 minutes before getting wicked sore spots! I had a 2001 that was quite comfy and I could run a 15.5hr trip in 1 day.

As you can tell from others' feedback, depending on your body geometry you may find them to be the most comfortable seats ever.
Old 05-07-19, 11:37 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I just finished installing the lux front seats today in my car. By far the most comfortable car seat I have ever sat in and much better than the standard seats, that are harder.

Old 05-08-19, 05:18 AM
LexinOnEm
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how do you like that HUD , i turned mines on and never took it off since
Old 05-08-19, 08:04 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexinOnEm
how do you like that HUD , i turned mines on and never took it off since
It's great, I use it all the time on full brightness. Most helpful for me on the highway since my hand covers the speed in the instrument cluster.
Old 05-08-19, 04:31 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
I just finished installing the lux front seats today in my car. By far the most comfortable car seat I have ever sat in and much better than the standard seats, that are harder.
I'm loving the flaxen/bamboo. It looks so nice.
Old 05-08-19, 05:15 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

I think these seats were designed for those with perfect posture & this is why it's so difficult to find a comfortable position as most people don't have very good posture. I've been actively working on my posture while seated/standing and ever since I've trained myself to sit/stand a little better, I've been able to find a comfortable position. Now that my posture has improved, I really enjoy the seats in the GS but your mileage may vary.
Old 05-08-19, 06:06 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I have noticed after improving my posture, the seats are more comfortable. Nice install, I love the look of the lux package seats.

I also agree the Flaxen + bamboo is quite nice, then again I'm a huge fan of the flaxen color anyway.
The following users liked this post:
signdetres (05-08-19)
Old 05-08-19, 06:21 PM
fuddyduddy
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I love the bamboo steering wheel. That only came on the GS450h with the Luxury package, correct?

I have the 18 way seats and they are highly adjustable and tied with the best seats ever. Tied with my 1993 SSEi……
Old 05-09-19, 06:43 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexinOnEm
i can tell you coming from infiniti, lexus is hard. i dont mind though its a different feel.
It isn't all Lexus. I've owned about 8 of them ranging from an ISF to the LS. I've had two previous GS's as well an 04 and 07. Both those seats were great. I'm thinking its the specific seat made for the GS since its technically a sports sedan.

Originally Posted by spoogenet
I have the luxury package and, as much as I love my car, I struggle with the seats. They are highly configurable, which seems nice, but I find it tough to get that just-right setting. I've found most other car seats, even much more basic ones, to be more comfortable with minimal adjustment. The exception is a 2018 Honda Accord -- most...uncomfortable...seat...ever and I couldn't go more than 45 minutes before getting wicked sore spots! I had a 2001 that was quite comfy and I could run a 15.5hr trip in 1 day.

I agree, I have the base seat but it still has 10 or so adjustments. I sit in others cars and usually don't have a problem. This seat is making me work for that comfortable spot!

As you can tell from others' feedback, depending on your body geometry you may find them to be the most comfortable seats ever.
Yeah, I'm on the heavier side. 6'1 250. So I doubt I have "good" body geometry. If I was a couple inches shorter my knees probably wouldn't rub either.

Originally Posted by signdetres
I think these seats were designed for those with perfect posture & this is why it's so difficult to find a comfortable position as most people don't have very good posture. I've been actively working on my posture while seated/standing and ever since I've trained myself to sit/stand a little better, I've been able to find a comfortable position. Now that my posture has improved, I really enjoy the seats in the GS but your mileage may vary.
I agree! I normally sit back a little more than normal but in this seat I can't stand it. I've worked on sitting perfectly straight and keep a good posture and I have setting 1 and 2 for that. I just need to make sure I sit in the seat like I'm in boarding school It isn't too bad once you find a somewhat comfortable spot.

Old 05-09-19, 06:44 AM
leisinjp
Pole Position

I wanted the HUD so bad when I was doing my search but could never find one in my price range! I've thought about adding it but it seems like a lot of work and I'm not that technically savvy.

So you had the standard 10 way seat and you feel that the seats not only "obviously" have more adjustments but that they are actually softer as well?
Old 05-09-19, 09:58 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by leisinjp
I wanted the HUD so bad when I was doing my search but could never find one in my price range! I've thought about adding it but it seems like a lot of work and I'm not that technically savvy.

So you had the standard 10 way seat and you feel that the seats not only "obviously" have more adjustments but that they are actually softer as well?
Yes, the actual seat feels softer. I think it's all the surface material, not sure if the cushion/seat foam is any different. The semi-aniline leather is softer(probably more give/elasticity) to the touch than the sealed regular leather.
Old 05-09-19, 06:40 PM
leisinjp
Pole Position

Yes, the actual seat feels softer. I think it's all the surface material, not sure if the cushion/seat foam is any different. The semi-aniline leather is softer(probably more give/elasticity) to the touch than the sealed regular leather.

How much did these seats cost you?

Quick Reply: Can't get comfortable in driver seat!