ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Best coil overs (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/916023-best-coil-overs.html)

AC3GS 04-10-19 04:16 PM

Best coil overs

Need to get a set of coils I blew my stock shocks with my RSR super down springs. Help me out let me know what you guys think I should get and do.

TOPENDMS 04-10-19 05:08 PM

-Lexus GS4 Coil-Overs

jdpdata 04-10-19 05:29 PM

I really like my RSR Active Besti Coilovers. One of the few that will support AVS. CKS make some quality coilovers too that you can customize with Swift Springs.

AC3GS 04-10-19 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 10489584)
I really like my RSR Active Besti Coilovers. One of the few that will support AVS. CKS make some quality coilovers too that you can customize with Swift Springs.

can they be rebuilt? And how long have you had them.

Boomin 04-10-19 05:46 PM

Call RR RACING, ask for Shawn.
http://www.rr-racing.com

jdpdata 04-10-19 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by AC3GS (Post 10489585)
can they be rebuilt? And how long have you had them.

Pretty sure they can be rebuilt, only thing is I wish the springs were a bit stiffer. It come 9k front 8.3 k rear. I want 12k/10k. Only had mine for a couple months, no problems at all. Couple of other members on here have them, maybe they'll chime in.

AC3GS 04-10-19 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 10489615)
Pretty sure they can be rebuilt, only thing is I wish the springs were a bit stiffer. It come 9k front 8.3 k rear. I want 12k/10k. Only had mine for a couple months, no problems at all. Couple of other members on here have them, maybe they'll chime in.

i hope so. I wanna know before I spend 2grand

jdpdata 04-10-19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AC3GS (Post 10489624)
i hope so. I wanna know before I spend 2grand

I just email RSR for inquiry about rebuild. Internet search yield average cost from $100-250 per damper plus additional parts if needed. Apparently RSR ship them back to Japan to rebuild.
You can contact them too if you want. They have a main office here close to me in California.
https://www.rs-r.com/contact/

veez81 04-10-19 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by jdpdata (Post 10489615)

this might be a dumb question, but can you use swift springs on the RSR struts?

jdpdata 04-10-19 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by j.Veezy68 (Post 10489763)
this might be a dumb question, but can you use swift springs on the RSR struts?

Not a dumb question because I already ask same before I purchased, no unfortunately you can't do custom springs on RSR coilovers. CKS you can.

Meraki Autoworks 04-11-19 11:23 AM

We can do some BC Racing coils, RSR, Revel, and more!

Contact us for information and pricing!

-Josh

jdpdata 04-11-19 02:37 PM

Here's RSR reply to my question about rebuild.
I also asked them how much is a typical rebuild if I just use for Street driving (no track use). And how many miles their coilovers typically last. Will update when they answer me.

Thank you for contacting us.

All of our coilover kits are rebuildable. If you need replacement parts to rebuild your coilover, please provide the following information:

• Caution Tag Number
    • 5 digit number located on the back of the coilover
  • Part(s) needed for the rebuild
  • Shipping address, so that we may provide you with a shipping quotation
This information is to ensure we get you the correct parts. Once you send us that information, it will be forwarded to Japan and they will let us know about cost.

Regards,

Thao/RS-R USA

TOPENDMS 04-11-19 04:00 PM

RS*R Japan website says ..

■Overhaul

This product can be overhauled as all parts are purely made in Japan and assembled in our own factory. We would like you to use it at the best ride feeling for a long time.

My concern would be the turn around time and cost if you actually have to ship to Japan and back.

jdpdata 04-12-19 10:41 AM

More from RSR

In regards to the rebuild, costs varies depending on which exact part(s) you would need to replace. Shipping costs will also vary depending on how heavy the replacement part(s) are as well.

In terms of miles, we do not have a set number on how much you would get out of the coilovers. However the coilovers are under warranty for 1 year or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase.

AC3GS 04-12-19 11:30 AM

Now I ask My members of club Lexus IS it worth the extra grand for RSR coils or get BC Racing for half the cost?? BC are also rebuildable and back with the same warranty. Thank to all for the feedback it’s much appreciated.