Notices
GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) Discussion about the 2013 GS models

Sunroof rattle returned

 
Old 03-26-19, 04:41 PM
  #1  
gs350lex
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sunroof rattle returned

I need some serious advice/help with this one. My sunroof used to rattle previously (about 2 months ago) and the dealership replaced the housing roof (63203-30180), the clip(75561-33030), cable(roof) (63205-30071) and the moulding(75555-30121-A1,75556-30111-A1).

This reduced the rattle but there was still noise so I went ahead and replaced the seal(weathership)(63251-30100). Everything was good for a month. Fast forward to today while i am driving i get the loudest and most annoying rattle and right away am able to pin point it to the sunroof. I attempt to tilt it (the rattle is still there) so i decide to open it completely rattle continues without any difference. So that pretty much eliminates the weatherstrip fix.

What on earth can i do to resolve this? I am out of ideas and have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks.
gs350lex is offline  
Old 03-26-19, 05:00 PM
  #2  
bclexus
Lexus Champion
 
bclexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,911
Likes: 0
Received 563 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it - whatever the dealership did 30 to 60 days ago was not a permanent fix.

You said that you; "have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired." Are you going to keep what they said a secret? If not, what did they say?
bclexus is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 05:07 PM
  #3  
gs350lex
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bclexus View Post
Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it - whatever the dealership did 30 to 60 days ago was not a permanent fix.

You said that you; "have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired." Are you going to keep what they said a secret? If not, what did they say?
I apologize what i meant by contacted was left a message for the service manager who was responsible for this. I will probably have an answer by tomorrow.
gs350lex is offline  
Old 03-26-19, 05:08 PM
  #4  
bclexus
Lexus Champion
 
bclexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,911
Likes: 0
Received 563 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gs350lex View Post
I apologize what i meant by contacted was left a message for the service manager who was responsible for this. I will probably have an answer by tomorrow.
They certainly should fix it for you since it's only been 60 days or less since they worked on it. Hopefully just an adjustment is needed...
bclexus is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-28-19)
Old 03-26-19, 05:35 PM
  #5  
gs350lex
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bclexus View Post
They certainly should fix it for you since it's only been 60 days or less since they worked on it. Hopefully just an adjustment is needed...
I hope so if they make some kind of excuse like they don't hear it or its not coming from there im going to be pretty upset. Wish me luck tomorrow ill know whats going to happen then i hope. Will keep you updated.
gs350lex is offline  
Old 03-26-19, 05:45 PM
  #6  
bclexus
Lexus Champion
 
bclexus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4,911
Likes: 0
Received 563 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gs350lex View Post
I hope so if they make some kind of excuse like they don't hear it or its not coming from there im going to be pretty upset. Wish me luck tomorrow ill know whats going to happen then i hope. Will keep you updated.
Wishing you good luck! Let us know...


bclexus is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-28-19)
Old 03-26-19, 05:53 PM
  #7  
signdetres
Lead Lap
 
signdetres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: California
Posts: 757
Received 154 Likes on 118 Posts
Default

It took the dealership two attempts to fix my sunroof rattle on my '18 GS. Headliner came down both times. The second fix was just to tighten some bolts that had loosened up, or something along those lines. Whatever they did the second time actually worked though, has been perfect since.
signdetres is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by signdetres:
gs350lex (03-28-19), shurik74 (03-26-19)
Old 03-26-19, 09:08 PM
  #8  
shurik74
Lead Lap
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CA - 916
Posts: 620
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by signdetres View Post
It took the dealership two attempts to fix my sunroof rattle on my '18 GS. Headliner came down both times. The second fix was just to tighten some bolts that had loosened up, or something along those lines. Whatever they did the second time actually worked though, has been perfect since.
Good to know... My wife's GS started doing the same, sometimes feels that rear shocks are not secured on big bumps when you seat at front.

Anyone has other suggestions or experience how to fix?! Just wanted to know for sure before I start taking roof liner off myself...
shurik74 is offline  
Old 03-27-19, 04:15 AM
  #9  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

I have the same issue with my 18. It's the same rattle whether the roof is open or closed. I would think it rules out the weatherstrip on mine. It doesn't rattle all the time, just occasionally. Guess I'll have to look to see if anything is loose that can be tightened.
charley95 is offline  
Old 03-27-19, 08:37 AM
  #10  
lovemyGSFS
Pole Position
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: ma
Posts: 216
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
I have the same issue with my 18. It's the same rattle whether the roof is open or closed. I would think it rules out the weatherstrip on mine. It doesn't rattle all the time, just occasionally. Guess I'll have to look to see if anything is loose that can be tightened.

That certainly doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside I got a 2016 with 14000 miles on it my roof is not rattling but damn you guys have a 18 that have that problem I mean Lexus has been dealing with this to 2013 they haven't resolved this yet very poor design tie a 60k sedan brand new they really should recall this
lovemyGSFS is offline  
Old 03-27-19, 08:50 AM
  #11  
signdetres
Lead Lap
 
signdetres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: California
Posts: 757
Received 154 Likes on 118 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lovemyGSFS View Post
That certainly doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside I got a 2016 with 14000 miles on it my roof is not rattling but damn you guys have a 18 that have that problem I mean Lexus has been dealing with this to 2013 they haven't resolved this yet very poor design tie a 60k sedan brand new they really should recall this
Ironically enough, I've seen a number of posts here on ClubLexus alone that makes it seem as though it's not a GS thing but it's a Lexus thing as other model owners have complained about the same thing. Seems like Lexus just doesn't have their sunroof design 100% when it comes to rattling.
signdetres is online now  
Old 03-27-19, 01:18 PM
  #12  
jdpdata
Lead Lap
 
jdpdata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: CA
Posts: 666
Received 192 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by signdetres View Post
Ironically enough, I've seen a number of posts here on ClubLexus alone that makes it seem as though it's not a GS thing but it's a Lexus thing as other model owners have complained about the same thing. Seems like Lexus just doesn't have their sunroof design 100% when it comes to rattling.
I think it's a Toyota thing. I have bad sunroof rattle on my '06 4Runner drives me crazy but I have no idea how to fix it. Other 4Runners owners complaint of same issue.
Not a problem on my GS yet...knock on wood! Rattle in my car is inevitable with a catback exhaust and being lowered. Oh well I'll live with it.
jdpdata is online now  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-28-19)
Old 03-27-19, 01:40 PM
  #13  
shurik74
Lead Lap
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: CA - 916
Posts: 620
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

I guess I will have to take roofliner off and do my own investigation of what the problem is
shurik74 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-28-19)
Old 03-27-19, 01:56 PM
  #14  
charley95
Lexus Test Driver
 
charley95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: il.
Posts: 1,173
Likes: 0
Received 108 Likes on 96 Posts
Default

Never a rattle on my 14 RX sunroof.
charley95 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gs350lex (03-28-19)
Old 03-28-19, 10:55 AM
  #15  
gs350lex
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: ONTARIO
Posts: 156
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by signdetres View Post
It took the dealership two attempts to fix my sunroof rattle on my '18 GS. Headliner came down both times. The second fix was just to tighten some bolts that had loosened up, or something along those lines. Whatever they did the second time actually worked though, has been perfect since.
Thank you i got them to check the bolts today appreciate the help.👍
gs350lex is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunroof rattle returned


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: