ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020-237/)
-   -   Sunroof rattle returned (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-4th-gen-2013-2020/914856-sunroof-rattle-returned.html)

gs350lex 03-26-19 04:41 PM

Sunroof rattle returned

I need some serious advice/help with this one. My sunroof used to rattle previously (about 2 months ago) and the dealership replaced the housing roof (63203-30180), the clip(75561-33030), cable(roof) (63205-30071) and the moulding(75555-30121-A1,75556-30111-A1).

This reduced the rattle but there was still noise so I went ahead and replaced the seal(weathership)(63251-30100). Everything was good for a month. Fast forward to today while i am driving i get the loudest and most annoying rattle and right away am able to pin point it to the sunroof. I attempt to tilt it (the rattle is still there) so i decide to open it completely rattle continues without any difference. So that pretty much eliminates the weatherstrip fix.

What on earth can i do to resolve this? I am out of ideas and have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired.

PLEASE HELP:cry:

Thanks.

bclexus 03-26-19 05:00 PM

Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it - whatever the dealership did 30 to 60 days ago was not a permanent fix.

You said that you; "have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired." Are you going to keep what they said a secret? If not, what did they say?

gs350lex 03-26-19 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by bclexus (Post 10476497)
Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it - whatever the dealership did 30 to 60 days ago was not a permanent fix.

You said that you; "have contacted the dealership to see if anything can be done as they tried to address this 2 months ago just before my 4 year basic warranty expired." Are you going to keep what they said a secret? If not, what did they say?

I apologize what i meant by contacted was left a message for the service manager who was responsible for this. I will probably have an answer by tomorrow.

bclexus 03-26-19 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by gs350lex (Post 10476502)
I apologize what i meant by contacted was left a message for the service manager who was responsible for this. I will probably have an answer by tomorrow.

They certainly should fix it for you since it's only been 60 days or less since they worked on it. Hopefully just an adjustment is needed...

gs350lex 03-26-19 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bclexus (Post 10476504)
They certainly should fix it for you since it's only been 60 days or less since they worked on it. Hopefully just an adjustment is needed...

I hope so if they make some kind of excuse like they don't hear it or its not coming from there im going to be pretty upset. Wish me luck tomorrow ill know whats going to happen then i hope. Will keep you updated.

bclexus 03-26-19 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by gs350lex (Post 10476523)
I hope so if they make some kind of excuse like they don't hear it or its not coming from there im going to be pretty upset. Wish me luck tomorrow ill know whats going to happen then i hope. Will keep you updated.

Wishing you good luck! Let us know...

signdetres 03-26-19 05:53 PM

It took the dealership two attempts to fix my sunroof rattle on my '18 GS. Headliner came down both times. The second fix was just to tighten some bolts that had loosened up, or something along those lines. Whatever they did the second time actually worked though, has been perfect since.

shurik74 03-26-19 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by signdetres (Post 10476529)
It took the dealership two attempts to fix my sunroof rattle on my '18 GS. Headliner came down both times. The second fix was just to tighten some bolts that had loosened up, or something along those lines. Whatever they did the second time actually worked though, has been perfect since.

Good to know... My wife's GS started doing the same, sometimes feels that rear shocks are not secured on big bumps when you seat at front.

Anyone has other suggestions or experience how to fix?! Just wanted to know for sure before I start taking roof liner off myself...

charley95 03-27-19 04:15 AM

I have the same issue with my 18. It's the same rattle whether the roof is open or closed. I would think it rules out the weatherstrip on mine. It doesn't rattle all the time, just occasionally. Guess I'll have to look to see if anything is loose that can be tightened.

lovemyGSFS 03-27-19 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by charley95 (Post 10476742)
I have the same issue with my 18. It's the same rattle whether the roof is open or closed. I would think it rules out the weatherstrip on mine. It doesn't rattle all the time, just occasionally. Guess I'll have to look to see if anything is loose that can be tightened.

That certainly doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside I got a 2016 with 14000 miles on it my roof is not rattling but damn you guys have a 18 that have that problem I mean Lexus has been dealing with this to 2013 they haven't resolved this yet very poor design tie a 60k sedan brand new they really should recall this

signdetres 03-27-19 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyGSFS (Post 10476958)
That certainly doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside I got a 2016 with 14000 miles on it my roof is not rattling but damn you guys have a 18 that have that problem I mean Lexus has been dealing with this to 2013 they haven't resolved this yet very poor design tie a 60k sedan brand new they really should recall this

Ironically enough, I've seen a number of posts here on ClubLexus alone that makes it seem as though it's not a GS thing but it's a Lexus thing as other model owners have complained about the same thing. Seems like Lexus just doesn't have their sunroof design 100% when it comes to rattling.

jdpdata 03-27-19 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by signdetres (Post 10476973)
Ironically enough, I've seen a number of posts here on ClubLexus alone that makes it seem as though it's not a GS thing but it's a Lexus thing as other model owners have complained about the same thing. Seems like Lexus just doesn't have their sunroof design 100% when it comes to rattling.

I think it's a Toyota thing. I have bad sunroof rattle on my '06 4Runner drives me crazy but I have no idea how to fix it. Other 4Runners owners complaint of same issue.
Not a problem on my GS yet...knock on wood! Rattle in my car is inevitable with a catback exhaust and being lowered. Oh well I'll live with it.:sad:

shurik74 03-27-19 01:40 PM

I guess I will have to take roofliner off and do my own investigation of what the problem is :(

charley95 03-27-19 01:56 PM

Never a rattle on my 14 RX sunroof.

gs350lex 03-28-19 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by signdetres (Post 10476529)

Thank you i got them to check the bolts today appreciate the help.👍